• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ICE CRAFT v1.03b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Updated to V1.03b.

Note: This map is based on the 'Timbermaw Hold' map by Blizzard.

Basically, this is almost like any melee game. However, instead of just building up a base and attacking your enemy, there will be neutral creatures spawned nearly every minute to come and try to destroy players' bases.

Hence, when players want to launch an attack on their enemy, they will have to watch out for attacks on their base at the same time.

After a few waves, 2 infernals will spawn at the center of the map and you can kill it for bonus bounty.

Also, the maximum hero level for this map is 12, and the food max is 130.

Changed many icons for heroes' spells.

AI is available but they will just play like a standard game so they won't really take precaution from neutral attacks. However, they can still win (because it's nearly a melee map) so i decided to make it available.

------------------------------------------------
V1.03b
-Fixed the text in the Help menu and the creeps message order.

V1.03
-Fixed a bug with the leaderboard for player 1.
-Fixed a bug where you can walk through trees that grow on blight.

V1.02
-Fixed some bugs and changed more icons.
-There will be notices when the creeps spawn for the first few times to let players know about their abilities.

Older versions are available at epicwar.com.
Credits:
-Blizzard for 'Timbermaw Hold'.

-Credits to Anachron, bigapple90, Darkfang, Juan-Ann, ike_ike, Mr.Goblin, Sellenisko and (a user with just a space for his username) from Hive Workshop for their awesome icons/models!

I'm not that expert in World Editor and this is my first map so criticism is fully welcome.

Keywords:
ice, craft, defend, altered, melee, icecrown, warcraft
Contents

ICE CRAFT v1.03b (Map)

Reviews
17:50, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 9
So this is like "Monolith" @@?
Screenshots pls =]
-----------------------EDITED
All I have to say is:
-The creeps are quite annoying at early levels and late game==, where you are trying to kil the enemy and they come to attack you
-Not sure where is the link between the game play and you map Title @@, although it doesn't really matter
-This map is not very attractive/challenging compared to Monolith @@

Last edited:
Level 2
I found a bug about the leaderboard when player 1 kills a creep and a bug where you can walk through trees that grow on blight so i fixed them and updated a new version.

I wanted to upload screenshots in the description but i do not know how or what BB code to use.
I know the map isn't very attractive and is not very difficult to make since this is my first attempt at a map but i'll try to add more new stuff to the gameplay in the later versions.

Level 30
I played this one, its kinda boring if you ask me, the idea was great but dude show us a timer on where the enemy creep would show up, its too hard to defend and attack at the same time, and for the multi board. yeh its kinda bugged, its not moving, and it would be nice if you can add more events in the game.

*Change the title from ICE CRAFT v1.03b to 'Icecraft [1.03b]'
*A protected melee map?!
*Not a lot is changed, you just added some attacking waves to a blizzard map and randomly changed other things like the hero level cap
*Why seperate the players into 2 teams and not let them choose their team, maybe free for all
*Add a timer
*remove the loud warcraft soundtrack in the beginning
*Why randomly change units'/heroes' models and icons? The shadow hunter's model for example is fine

Your map is unacceptable at this point, your idea is too simple.