• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
meh I was just messing around, don't take too much of what I type too seriously, I mean I was putting pics of the dungeon dad in shar's thread and he got all mad about it, and it was supposed to be a joke and nothing more

Either way you did a great job on lots of thing (detailed maps, the terraining, the custom abilities) you just need to fix up the lore aspect

Level 12
A bit off topic, but I beat the Rhivenhall mission and I was gonna ask: where any of the mages (high councilors) meant to escape so that you have to face them later on in the story, or do you defeat them all within the council building?

Level 11
Yup, the one on the stairs with the two iron giants, people were always complaining about the fight because it was difficult to win compared to some of the other high councilors.
upload_2017-8-19_9-15-41.png

Level 16
That combinations of abilities make the hero hard to beat, also the 2 heavily armored Iron Giants guarding it don't make the task any easier.

You could give it a reincarnation item (idk the name) to make the battle even tougher if you like

Reactions: Rem
Level 12
u should make a similar mission for ur campaign. Like you have a hero or two arrive at the shores of a completely new continent that your forces have never before explored, add in some good music and character dialect and it'll be an experience to play, just like expedition

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@pyf would you mind contributing something creative to this thread of Aiden's ?
To do so, I would have to play those games first and foremost.

As for Yuri and the C&C series, well... I only hardly played the first Command & Conquer video game, which does not feature this character. And I did not like the game. Back then, Warcraft's game engine felt so much fresher and better imho...

Last edited:
Level 11
@Rem, I'm doing your abilities and here's what we got

upload_2017-8-30_12-50-16.png

The other one will be a summon, any idea what you'd like the summon to be?
Also the default will either be an enhanced purge, or something of that nature, we haven't decided on this at all

Level 11
Yes, however its an ultimate and give the spells and passives a real good enhancement

For instance Flare Rain causes 115 damage to targets within 450/525/600 of the caster
With Arcane Aptitude learned, Flare Rain causes 215 damage to targets within 550/625/700 of the caster

This is a big improvement because it allows the caster to deal 215 damage to hostile units within 700 of him/her

Level 11
Normally healing aura restores 1hp per second, the evasion rate is 12%, and magic damage gets reduced by 10%

When Rem learns Arcane Aptitude, all the passive double; healing aura restores 2hp per second, evasion rate is 24% ( a little less than 1/4) and magic damage gets reduced by 20%

Overall I think Arcane Aptitude benefits the healing aura the most...this aura really makes the Rem useful as a hero

+

Also in case you're interested the purge I was gonna give her work like normal purge when cast on the player's units or allies, but slows down enemies for a significant time if cast on them

Level 12
I would suggest giving her someone thing like divine shield because she'll surely become the prime target having a strong healing aura like that

Level 11
Sounds like a good idea @pyf what do you think?
you have a hero with with a very strong healing aura, when an enemy attacks its surely to send its forces to destroy this hero, what are some ability that can counter this?

Level 10
lmao.. why do u always ask pyf for advice now Blake? I can tell you if the enemies will try to single her out give her an ability that allows her to escape (something like blink or a modified mass teleport) or something like windwalk, or maybe an ability that turns her into an invincible shade or something that allows you to escape, either way come up with some new ideas urself.

Level 12
I would suggest an ability like ethernal form which leaves the hero only vulnerable to spells and units having a magic attack type-

Level 11
Originally I had this idea to make Rem have an ultimate where she becomes magic immune, has a very strong healing aura, and gets a attack bonus, but I scraped the idea in favor of Arcane Aptitude because the formal ability would've made her too OP, and thus unbalanced the gameplay

Level 11
@Colonel Aster, no, no, it was a modified metamorphosis ability which allowed her to use her newfound abilities for around 60 seconds, but for those 60 seconds she was essentially unstoppable (having an aura that heals 3hp per second, being immune to magic and spells, and having a huge damage bonus) that's why I scraped the idea

Arcane Aptitude is a much better and balanced ultimate.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Level 12
@pyf : The poll doesn't make sense, but no one would talk about Yuri from C&C for 8 pages, he's just a character and an old one at that, this is a much more active and better discussion

Level 10
@Blake I still don't get why you tried to get pyf here, if I recall correctly he mentioned to someone that he has never used the editor, if you need advice ask @Siler, @Apostle (if he ever returns) or many of the other people who have helped you out in the past

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.