• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tale of the Two Brothers - Part Two

images

Tale of the Two Brothers-Part Two

After their retreat from the human lands, the orcs have taken refuge in the forests of the Night Elves. Struggling to survive, the orcs need to find a way to build a nation for their own. In the meantime, tension rises within their ranks…

Features

9 playable maps and three interludes
Follow Rokaro Fairsight and his allies as the tale of two brothers reaches it’s conclusion.

Several playable heroes
Play as Rokaro Fairsight, his brother Gash and four more custom heroes.

Multiple custom factions
Discover the Fairsight Clan along with their allies! Play a total of four custom orcish factions!

Battle against several custom factions
Fight the Night Elves, Brotherhood of the Holy Light and more!

Unique items
Find eight unique custom items.

Version 1.02
- Improved enemy heroes' abilities
- Added items on enemy heroes
- Fixed the invisible enemy units bug at the end of chapter 13
- Gave the Frostfang Burrow a new model
- Added a warning for the frequent crashes in chapter 14
- Fixed numerous smaller bugs

Version 1.03
- Several points of feedback from Deepstrasz review have been reworked in the campaign
- New custom models for units have been added (the shaman for example)
- Fixed some small bugs

Version 1.04
- Several points of feedback from Blasterixx and HuanJuan have been reworked in the campaign

Version 1.05
-
Incorrect icon pathing fixed (as mentioned by tulee)
- Added extra custom models and icons
- All buildings and units are now trainable with QWERTY

Special thanks to Trycex for his support, ideas and bad memes during the making of this campaign!

Also a special thanks to HuanJuan and Tryndamere for being the 'connoisseurs' of this campaign

Models
johnwar
Ujimasa Hojo
loktar
Forgotten_Warlord
Stefan K.
Champara Bros
crill-mister
Metal_Sonic
supertoinkz
mephestrial
Edge45
Red XIII
Tauer
Sellenisko
Tamplier 777
bisnar 13
Vinz
JetFangInferno
Frostwolf
bakr
Yours Truly
Explobomb
amigurumi
Lord_T
Direfury
eubz
apaka
Child_0f_Bodom
Skipper
PrMosquito
General Frank
Master Haosis
Shardeth
Mister_Haudrauf
Misha
kangyun
Exyte
Alok
Redsteel1
Rubello Sidus
Sellenisko
Kuhneghetz
FerSZ
terrio
JesusHipster
Callahan
JetFangInferno
WyrWuulfe
-Grendel
PurpleFoot
Tillinghast
Liomsi
Deolrin
Cavman
Hawkwing
Mr. Goblin
Tranquil
Hayate
stein123
bioautomaton
wojia10502
Daelin
PrinceYaser
Wandering Soul
Sin’dorei300
Hexus
Uncle Fester
hellblazer-14
darkdoom
adiktuz
mapper
GrayArchon
MatiS
HerrDave
MN Lahmar
SinisterX
Mike
unknownczar
kellym0
Trollschnitzel
Figueiredo00
Hexus
levigeorge1617
Solu9
Static
s4nji
PROXY
Elunes-Guardian
Rubellu Didus
Shadow_Killer
Mc!
takakenji
Kino
SuPa-
Himperion
Tarrasque
ChevronSeven
Pyritie
hantoo
Heinvers
Hellx-Magnus
Ilya Alaric
Elektrohund

Skins
Chr2
deleted member 157129
Karmaman56
Cloudwolf
Heinvers
67chrome
Blood Raven

Icons
~Nightmare
NFWar
Artork312
loktar
chilla_killa
FvckTP
Technomancer
genin32
Sapprine
Exarch
bigapple90
Mr. Goblin
Sin’dorei300
leopard
BlazeKraze
Null
Eagle XI
Alexen
r.ace613
loktar
murlocologist
Paladon
DarkFang
KelThuzad
Mc!
Golden-Drake
13lackDeath
Yours Truly
Ginufe
Kam
Explobomb
San
Marcos DAB
84chrome
Scias
Deleted member 157129
stonneash
Chucky
Solu9
The Panda
Blood Raven
kingluis
Ceterai
TheKaldorei
PeeKay
-Berz-
Rmx
Ujimasa Hojo
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Blizzard Entertainment
Karmaman56
Kuhneghetz
CloudWolf
Archangel_Tidusx
GreyArchon
asdasdgfrw
OgeRfaCes
Storm_PCF
Palaslayer
bu3ny
Mister_Haudrauf
Wildfire
General Frank
Synthax Kisuke
Vinz
Achille
bakr
The_Warchief

Spells
nanotech
KILLCIDE
Daffa
T.D.W.
krisserz

Sounds
MelNefys

Remaining
Trycex
Footman16
Homor

Note: If you find one of your resources in this campaign and you are not mentioned in the credit list, please contact me. I will gladly fix it.

- The abilities in Karakh's Spellbook can disappear at random
- Chapter 14 Fading Starlight occasionally crashes out of random. Frequently saving is recommended
- The Owl Rider model (Furbolg faction) is invisible when playing in patch 1.31

Hi!
This is the second part of Tale of the Two Brothers. Check out the first part if you like campaigns about orcs! Hope you like it and don't forget to tell me what you think.
This campaign was made on patch 1.29

Do not edit this campaign without my permission

Contents

Tale of the Two Brothers - Part Two (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A nice story oriented mostly melee Warcraft III lore spinoff campaign that could use less extensive use of Warcraft III core material. Definitely a big improvement from your previous one. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate...
Level 13
Hi Gaurdian of the flame!

Thanks for the nice reply. Glad to see you already managed to find the second part!

although i am busy these days i will try to finish your campaign and give you a feedback about it

Take your time. It is meant to be fun playing the campaign. :) Besides, it took me about a year and a half making this campaign, so waiting a little longer will not be a problem ;)

Level 11
Hi Gaurdian of the flame!

Thanks for the nice reply. Glad to see you already managed to find the second part!

Take your time. It is meant to be fun playing the campaign. :) Besides, it took me about a year and a half making this campaign, so waiting a little longer will not be a problem ;)
well then here the first bug i found fezgrel channeling ability descreption is not in its place like the other abilities sometimes it be a bit higher and sometimes a bit lower

EDIT i think that the healing rain ability is not working i used 2 times and i noticed that its as if it canceled after i used it

Last edited:
Level 13
well then here the first bug i found fezgrel channeling ability descreption is not in its place like the other abilities sometimes it be a bit higher and sometimes a bit lower

EDIT i think that the healing rain ability is not working i used 2 times and i noticed that its as if it canceled after i used it
Hi again! Could you describe it a little more? Then I can see if I can do something about it with the first round of changes.

Level 13
Is this Campaign will update??
Hi Tryndamere! This is not the update of Tale of the Two Brothers, if that is what you meant. This is the sequel to it (and also the conclusion of the tale).

Next I will both work on an update of part one (let's see if I can get it approved this time) and a human sequel (taking place in the same universe, but without the characters of the Tale).

Level 26
So, the first chapter of part two was online, and featured by @Jayborino , in the series of "Maporino! 2022": VIDEO LINK HERE.

After I played the first part of the campaign, I was suprised and shocked in good way, that I play this map again, because I played it before it's released by now in the campaign.

I hope you are going to fix the first campaign, because there is a very big quality difference. Keep it up, and thank you very much for the Fun. I seriously liked the first part custom races (Boneguard, Ogre-Troll Forces, Blood Orcs). Hope sooner or later you are gonna fix the constant bug that some units of the Ogre-Trolls and Blood Orcs have a very different upgrades, and you forgot to change that in the War Mill, so when the player research an upgrade in the warmill, than it's not gonna effect it's units. +Good Story, hopefully the two brothers are not gonna kill each other in this chapter.

Level 7
Hi Tryndamere! This is not the update of Tale of the Two Brothers, if that is what you meant. This is the sequel to it (and also the conclusion of the tale).

Next I will both work on an update of part one (let's see if I can get it approved this time) and a human sequel (taking place in the same universe, but without the characters of the Tale).
Ohh sorry, I mean will this campaign be renewed or focus on renewing the first campaign part?? :huh:

Btw, I've played these 2 chapters, and the story is really good and the conflict is interesting, but I feel a lack in the game, for example on the enemy's side, that is, the heroes that are owned are too far apart compared to the heroes we have and our heroes have rare items, each of which will be but the enemy doesn't have that item? Come on, give them items too so that it impresses them that they are also strong when we fight them and lastly from me I hope that every goldmine in each chapter is increased, I think it is very lacking, especially in chapter 2 where we attack them, increase the amount of goldmine so that the fighting experience is more exciting, that's it from me before, sorry it's too long but I hope it's for the convenience of the game

Level 13
Hi everyone! I will react in one post, to avoid double-posting in this thread.

here is a photo of the channeling ability bug

Thank you for posting it! I will look into it, but I do not know if I can fix it. It is a custom spell from Hive, including the description. If I can, it will be reworked in the next set of changes (probably after the campaign has been reviewed).

So, the first chapter of part two was online, and featured by @Jayborino , in the series of "Maporino! 2022": VIDEO LINK HERE.
Glad you saw the playthrough on YouTube. I watched most of it.

I hope you are going to fix the first campaign, because there is a very big quality difference. Keep it up, and thank you very much for the Fun.
No thanks needed. I make these campaigns for my own fun and I am happy you like playing them.

Hope sooner or later you are gonna fix the constant bug that some units of the Ogre-Trolls and Blood Orcs have a very different upgrades, and you forgot to change that in the War Mill, so when the player research an upgrade in the warmill, than it's not gonna effect it's units.
Did I forgot fixing it? Otherwise I will have to take a look at it.

+Good Story, hopefully the two brothers are not gonna kill each other in this chapter
Glad you liked the story (as I put a lot of time in developing it). I will not spoil anything, so you will have to play this campaign further to discover what will happen :)

Ohh sorry, I mean will this campaign be renewed or focus on renewing the first campaign part?? :huh:
This campaign is the sequel to Tale of the two brothers-part one. It does not change the story from the first part (it is actually recommended to play part one first, despite it's flaws. Otherwise the player can miss some plot-points).

Come on, give them items too so that it impresses them that they are also strong
Thank you for the idea. I will look if I can get some extra custom items, at least for the more prominent enemy heroes.

I hope that every goldmine in each chapter is increased, I think it is very lacking, especially in chapter 2 where we attack them, increase the amount of goldmine so that the fighting experience is more exciting
I will look into it. It was my intention that the player has to make some progress because of the resources, but it must not become annoying.

sorry it's too long but I hope it's for the convenience of the game
No sorry needed. I'd rather hear some ideas for the improvement and feedback.

Btw, feel free to leave a rating when you are finsihed. I am interested in the overall rating when you played the whole story.

Level 26
Did I forgot fixing it? Otherwise I will have to take a look at it.

You forgot that yes, like:
  • Elemental Master has the same description, as the Shaman has.
  • If the player is controlling the Ogre-Trolls, you can build almost anything anywhere you want: everything is green! (Last chapter of Part 1)
  • Some Ogre-Troll buildings has no vision whatso ever, means when you build them far away from the base, you can't see the building, and you can't click on it, to train units, so you must build a tower there with them to see & select them, to train units.
  • Demi/Mini heroes are suppose to have inventory slots, or not? Because in the Vodoo Lounge only 3 items can obtainable, for other items to buy the player must have a stronghold or a fortress.
  • In every chapter (part 1 &part 2) you cannot chop down a tree, because they are forever (you can't even make a night elf angry with it, because you are not even harm the tree, but you get lumber from it). Plus the trees are invincible: both part of the tale, it's not destructable either with catapult or with peon attack.
  • In the last mission of part 1, the trees are bleeding when the young ogres cutting it for wood. I'm not joking!
    Two Brothers Part 1 - Bleeding Trees.png
  • The mentioned unmatching upgrades for units bug is not just on the player side, but when the factions are controlled by AI-Computer, and like level 3 defence but level 0 attack on some units.
  • Some icons (unit icons) are turning green when I pause the game with F10.
So that's for the Tale of the Two Brothers Part 1(and some part 2) bugs.

Here I come with Part 2 bugs:

Chapter Eleven

You packed so tightly the Dragon Guard Base after the Hellwalker Base, that the trained units from the Ancient of War cannot attack the Hellwalker Base.

Two Brothers Part Two - Tightly packed base.png

Last edited:
Level 13
You forgot that yes, like:
Thanks for writing them down! I will rework them later (kind of busy at the moment)

In every chapter (part 1 &part 2) you cannot chop down a tree, because they are forever (you can't even make a night elf angry with it, because you are not even harm the tree, but you get lumber from it). Plus the trees are invincible: both part of the tale, it's not destructable either with catapult or with peon attack.
This one is not a bug btw. It was easier for me to make a map without keeping an eye out for eventual lumber-harvesting problems. Besides, I liked the idea of some dense forests and with the option for the player to chop down the whole forest, the whole theme of the map would disappear :grin:

You packed so tightly the Dragon Guard Base after the Hellwalker Base, that the trained units from the Ancient of War cannot attack the Hellwalker Base.
O dear, are they still stuck? I already made some extra space, but it seems like I will have to remove some extra trees or something.

Level 26
Thanks for writing them down! I will rework them later (kind of busy at the moment)

This one is not a bug btw. It was easier for me to make a map without keeping an eye out for eventual lumber-harvesting problems. Besides, I liked the idea of some dense forests and with the option for the player to chop down the whole forest, the whole theme of the map would disappear :grin:

O dear, are they still stuck? I already made some extra space, but it seems like I will have to remove some extra trees or something.
Did you not find strange, that the TREES ARE BLEEDING when they chopped by Young Ogres?

In chapter eleven, you made a forest with puzzles, with tomes to pick up, but the only hero on the map with inventory: can't do that, because the trees can't be chopped down. There is no Goblin Zeppelins or any type of tool to pick them up.

Chapter 12
Pest Control optional quest does not count the maneater you killed before the quest start's. That mean, the player must wait out, to end the dialoge before the quest starts, and visible on the screen & on the quest log, because if any maneater is killed before the conversation end, than that kill is wasted, does not counted by the quest.

After the optional quest starting cinematic "Babysitting for Pro's" I had 2-3 more peons to work with. Thanks, it's a nice addition.

Maneater in the North-West, ensnared by the Night Elf Hunter forces are capable of moving, even when ensnared.

Non-Chapter specific bug:
Frostfang's Clan Burrow has no ability, to enter peons and used as a normal orc burrow.

Last edited:
Level 13
Did you not find strange, that the TREES ARE BLEEDING when they chopped by Young Ogres?
I did but I could not find a way to stop it... I do not know what it is, because the ogre worker is the same unit in both campaigns (an the trees are not bleeding now)

In chapter eleven, you made a forest with puzzles, with tomes to pick up, but the only hero on the map with inventory: can't do that, because the trees can't be chopped down. There is no Goblin Zeppelins or any type of tool to pick them up.
I cannot remember this at the moment, but I will take a look at it later.

Pest Control optional quest does not count the maneater you killed before the quest start's.
It should not crash the quest, but I will see that it gets fixed as well.

Maneater in the North-West, ensnared by the Night Elf Hunter forces are capable of moving, even when ensnared.

:nw::nw:.Added on the list of reworks:thumbs_up:

Frostfang's Clan Burrow has no ability, to enter peons and used as a normal orc burrow.
It is a little confusing, but it is intended to be this way. Originally, I was planning on using a model of a WC2 pig farm, but it made the game crash. So the original model stuck...

Level 26
I did but I could not find a way to stop it... I do not know what it is, because the ogre worker is the same unit in both campaigns (an the trees are not bleeding now)

I cannot remember this at the moment, but I will take a look at it later.

It should not crash the quest, but I will see that it gets fixed as well.

:nw::nw:.Added on the list of reworks:thumbs_up:

It is a little confusing, but it is intended to be this way. Originally, I was planning on using a model of a WC2 pig farm, but it made the game crash. So the original model stuck...
Spirit Wyvern and Karakh (In his book) has this ability, but it's like Devour Magic. Is this intentional to name as it is, or should be other ability must we have here?
Two Brothers Part 2 Chapter 14 Spiritual Regeneration as Devour Magic.png

Some unvisible units in the ending scene cinematic - Karakh dies, and the Humans & Night Elvish forces arrive - attacking the last mentioned groups. Is this intentional or just a pure accident?

Warlordf
Two Brothers Part 2 - Warlodf.png

Power Generator description mentioning Healing Wave ability, but there is no healing wave, only Gift of Blood & Spirit Touch. Can be placed anywhere, because if you want to place it anywhere on the map, the target location is every time green.

The map has a bottleneck, here:
1679677646991.png

After the player destroys the last base before the garden, there is no option to discover the map, or go back to certain places to pick up items for the other heroes, which ones are under AI control before, but in this point, they are now under the player control. It's not a big deal, but there are few items that can be used by other heroes. (Tome of Sacrifice as example).

When the Arch Druid summoning "Shimmering Portals", if the player destroys the portals before it spawns/summons, then the portals became undestroyable, and open forever: the player cannot stop the spawning of units from this portals.

Durint the last part of the map, when the heroes of the horde vs. the druid & his forces, the stone fence is an obstacle, when you use Rokaro ability to "Rushing Slash" through enemies, and in the end, Rokaro is other side of the Fence, and there is no way back to fight the Druids. The Druid forces also using the trees on the other side of the fence, to create treants, only to have visitors to the fight: treants cannot go through the stone fence.

WCII Pig Farms: These two?

1. WCIIPigFarm

2. WCII Pig Farm Alpha

The picture is speaks for itself.
Two Brothers Part two - Going through the forest.png

Evidence(I cheated just for you, to see for yourself!):
Two Brothers Part two - Going through the forest 2.png

Dark-Troll Village, North-Eastern part of the map. Fighting inside ttents(?) are possible.
Aslo, the Shimmeraxe Tribe somehow does not care about the friendly Ogre movements: they are not attacking the ogres when they are moving through the village, their towers does not care about anything about the ogres. Only me + the Shimmeraxe Tribe is in friendly relations with the Hellwalker clan? Wow!
Two Brothers Part Two - Fighting in da buildings mon.png

There is no Ocean, or Great Lake, but thank you very much for the option.
Two Brothers Part Two - Fun Fact about chapter 15.png

Last edited:
Level 7
Thank you for the idea. I will look if I can get some extra custom items, at least for the more prominent enemy heroes.
I hope it's not just the enemies that stand out, I think, but the ordinary heroes in each chapter are worth giving inventory, even if the item items don't have a lot of stats, at least don't empty the items because it's a pity if you meet our heroes who have overpowered skills, plus also the item is over power... so it's easy to be eliminated hehe

Ohh coincidentally talking about spells, can it be possible for common enemy heroes like Warden, Demon Hunter, Keeper of the Groove and Prisstess of the moon to change their skills which are over power as well as when fighting Dragon Queen, I was really surprised when I fought her on when he only had a little blood left he immediately turned into a dragon.. A really interesting spell

Level 13
Some unvisible units in the ending scene cinematic - Karakh dies, and the Humans & Night Elvish forces arrive - attacking the last mentioned groups. Is this intentional or just a pure accident?
... I encountered this myself, but I thought I had fixed it. I need to check the triggers...

Spirit Wyvern and Karakh (In his book) has this ability, but it's like Devour Magic. Is this intentional to name as it is, or should be other ability must we have here?
This is intentional. The spell regenerates their mana (hence the regeneration in the name)

Power Generator description mentioning Healing Wave ability, but there is no healing wave, only Gift of Blood & Spirit Touch. Can be placed anywhere, because if you want to place it anywhere on the map, the target location is every time green.
Oops. It was their previous ability, which I will change. The placing issue is probably a default thing I need to adjust as well. Thanks for notifying!

After the player destroys the last base before the garden, there is no option to discover the map, or go back to certain places to pick up items for the other heroes, which ones are under AI control before, but in this point, they are now under the player control.
I know, but that is something I will not change gameplay-wise (it would be kind of strange to have the player return after moving to a boss-battle).

When the Arch Druid summoning "Shimmering Portals", if the player destroys the portals before it spawns/summons, then the portals became undestroyable, and open forever: the player cannot stop the spawning of units from this portals.
That is a major bug! I will see to it.

the stone fence is an obstacle
Same goes for this one.

WCII Pig Farm Alpha
This one does crash the game yes. Maybe I will try the other one (see if it helps).

The picture is speaks for itself.
The comment in your picture made me laugh at least... But I will see to it as well.

nly me + the Shimmeraxe Tribe is in friendly relations with the Hellwalker clan? Wow!
That was a choice for the quality of the game. It would be kind of sad if all trolls had been butchered by the other players before you could move out...

There is no Ocean, or Great Lake, but thank you very much for the option.
You are welcome :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the rating btw :)

Level 13
I hope it's not just the enemies that stand out, I think, but the ordinary heroes in each chapter are worth giving inventory, even if the item items don't have a lot of stats, at least don't empty the items because it's a pity if you meet our heroes who have overpowered skills, plus also the item is over power... so it's easy to be eliminated hehe
I could give them some items in their inventory if that is what you mean? Just to give them more survivability.

Ohh coincidentally talking about spells, can it be possible for common enemy heroes like Warden, Demon Hunter, Keeper of the Groove and Prisstess of the moon to change their skills which are over power as well as when fighting Dragon Queen
I do not know if I will change their skillset, but I could improve their damage etc. So they become more balanced.

I was really surprised when I fought her on when he only had a little blood left he immediately turned into a dragon.. A really interesting spell
It took some time to create it (it is an adaption of the Metamorphosis of the Demon Hunter). Hope you liked the custom hero.

Thanks for your rating as well :thumbs_up:

Level 26
... I encountered this myself, but I thought I had fixed it. I need to check the triggers...

This is intentional. The spell regenerates their mana (hence the regeneration in the name)

Oops. It was their previous ability, which I will change. The placing issue is probably a default thing I need to adjust as well. Thanks for notifying!

I know, but that is something I will not change gameplay-wise (it would be kind of strange to have the player return after moving to a boss-battle).

That is a major bug! I will see to it.

Same goes for this one.

This one does crash the game yes. Maybe I will try the other one (see if it helps).

The comment in your picture made me laugh at least... But I will see to it as well.

That was a choice for the quality of the game. It would be kind of sad if all trolls had been butchered by the other players before you could move out...

You are welcome :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the rating btw :)
I really liked the quality change in models between the two parts of your campaign. You plan to use the same models in part 1, what you are using in part two? The Troll Chieftain was a nicely welcomed one to me. These modells are very good, hope that you can make the desired WCII Pigfarm work with the game. Ask others for help: they are sure can solve the problem.

Also, the "enemy cutting throug the forest " thing was made after the discovery. I was mad. I thinked you made them spawn near the gold mine, but no. This is more worse than spawning near the gold mine. Oh, and I mentioned before that Elemental Master has the same description as the Shaman has: It's true, but only in Part one. Part two the elemental master has it's own description. I actually find very strange, that Elemental Master comes out without any ability to use as an Initiate.

Plus I also noticed that, when you click on a spellcaster unit, like Bloodmancer, Diabolist, Troll High Priest, etc., there is no "Rank" visible. What I mean?
254866-05156aee7aa67ec00ece4c838da8a000.jpg

(The Picture is from Hive, search for "Forsaken Apothecary", the model is not important in our case, but the Rank is). This kind of thing is can't be found on some spellcaster unit in part two for sure. Not ground breaking, but I noticed. (No problem, just an interesting thing.) I only mentioned this, because during the fights against the Hellwalker clan, I can't figure it out the spellcasters rank. Sometimes is important to know that your enemy is researched a lot of things, or just initiates.

Wyvern can attack ground (Ranged Attack).

After destroying Borug's Base and Kazumaki's side switched, the game was crashed. I destroyed Borug's base again, and Kazumaki is friendly, and doing nothing. LITERALLY.

Last edited:
Level 13
I really liked the quality change in models between the two parts of your campaign. You plan to use the same models in part 1, what you are using in part two? The Troll Chieftain was a nicely welcomed one to me. These modells are very good, hope that you can make the desired WCII Pigfarm work with the game. Ask others for help: they are sure can solve the problem.
Thanks! I am certainly planning on using the same models again. I noticed they make the game a lot more fun to play.

I was mad. I thinked you made them spawn near the gold mine, but no. This is more worse than spawning near the gold mine.
I think that would be too cruel for the player :grin:

I actually find very strange, that Elemental Master comes out without any ability to use as an Initiate.
That is because he needs to learn how to master all elements before using them (and because the elements are equal, there is no one whom he starts with). Besides, it balances the EM a bit. He compensates the lack of an initiate ability later in the game.

Plus I also noticed that, when you click on a spellcaster unit, like Bloodmancer, Diabolist, Troll High Priest, etc., there is no "Rank" visible. What I mean?
It is probably because some units are versions of the Neutral Hostile faction in the editor. I will see if I can add it, because it can be convenient.

Wyvern can attack ground (Ranged Attack).
That is for making them more useful in game (like a Gargoyle). Credits for this game-balancing idea go to @trycex .

After destroying Borug's Base and Kazumaki's side switched, the game was crashed. I destroyed Borug's base again, and Kazumaki is friendly, and doing nothing. LITERALLY.
Hmmm... It did not happen to me while testing this map (the same goes for Trycex, who tested all maps). I hope others report this if this happens as well (to see if it is something in the game or a combination of the game and another factor (like your PC for example).

And Kazumaki is a lazy snitch. The player is supposed to get annoyed by him/hate him, so I did my job well :grin::grin::grin:

Level 26
Thanks! I am certainly planning on using the same models again. I noticed they make the game a lot more fun to play.

I think that would be too cruel for the player :grin:

That is because he needs to learn how to master all elements before using them (and because the elements are equal, there is no one whom he starts with). Besides, it balances the EM a bit. He compensates the lack of an initiate ability later in the game.

It is probably because some units are versions of the Neutral Hostile faction in the editor. I will see if I can add it, because it can be convenient.

That is for making them more useful in game (like a Gargoyle). Credits for this game-balancing idea go to @trycex .

Hmmm... It did not happen to me while testing this map (the same goes for Trycex, who tested all maps). I hope others report this if this happens as well (to see if it is something in the game or a combination of the game and another factor (like your PC for example).

And Kazumaki is a lazy snitch. The player is supposed to get annoyed by him/hate him, so I did my job well :grin::grin::grin:
There is a problem with that statue...
Two Brothers - Statue is Not a Statue.png

There are problems with unit portraits on the enemy side...
Two Brothers - Fanatic Portrait does not exist.png
Two Brothers - Crusader has some problems.png

I'be back, I just need to process more what was happened in the last chapter.

Level 13
There is a problem with that statue...
The problem with the statue is that it was enlarged (and the unpathable section didn't grow with it. I can take a look if I can fix it...

There are problems with unit portraits on the enemy side...
There are a few models (three if I remember correct) which portrait does not function always. Those are the Fanatic (which will work sometimes), the Crusader (whose face is not visible behind the helmet) and the Boulder Slinger (which portrait turns grey sometimes). For the last one, I already posted a thread for help some time ago, but I got no replies...

Because I a not a model creator myself, I had to keep it this way. Because the problem occurs with only three of the custom models (from probably more then a hundred) I decided to not remove the model (also because there are not that many Scarlet Crusade models around).

But if you know someone who can fix it, please let me know.:wink:

Level 7
I could give them some items in their inventory if that is what you mean? Just to give them more survivability.
Yes sir, that's what I mean, so that their inventory isn't completely empty when we meet
I do not know if I will change their skillset, but I could improve their damage etc. So they become more balanced.
That sounds really good :spell_breaker:
It took some time to create it (it is an adaption of the Metamorphosis of the Demon Hunter). Hope you liked the custom hero.

Thanks for your rating as well :thumbs_up:
I'm very interested in the costume hero, it reminds me of the very big Fulbolg hero, but can the skill be changed like there is a shockwave, Hardered skin and others that symbolize this hero is very hard like a tank? for skill level 6 it is very good for me but the other skills are a bit lacking

Level 26
The problem with the statue is that it was enlarged (and the unpathable section didn't grow with it. I can take a look if I can fix it...

There are a few models (three if I remember correct) which portrait does not function always. Those are the Fanatic (which will work sometimes), the Crusader (whose face is not visible behind the helmet) and the Boulder Slinger (which portrait turns grey sometimes). For the last one, I already posted a thread for help some time ago, but I got no replies...

Because I a not a model creator myself, I had to keep it this way. Because the problem occurs with only three of the custom models (from probably more then a hundred) I decided to not remove the model (also because there are not that many Scarlet Crusade models around).

But if you know someone who can fix it, please let me know.:wink:

The end game fight was a very strange for me. Somehow Gash had an ability to re-heal himself, not just once, but 5 times in a row. Rokaro vs Gash, no elemental was present in the very end of the fight. It was not a pleasure after all to kill Gash, and purge to near extinction the Hellwalker clan.

I still not processed entirely the whole ending of your campaign, and my chapter 13 report about missing portraits, I was discovered several things on the map, after I was finished the campaign. You hide some useful items on the map, but it was hard to belive, that you was expected the player to discover the map(in some precent) in a very defensive situation.

I still figuring out the end.

Level 13
lol but i don t hate kazumaki :) also kazumaki said that he will lay down his weapons he didn t say that he will fight against gash :)
You got it :thumbs_up:

I'm very interested in the costume hero, it reminds me of the very big Fulbolg hero, but can the skill be changed like there is a shockwave, Hardered skin and others that symbolize this hero is very hard like a tank?
You mean the Dragon hero? She is actually meant to be an intelligence hero with an AoE spell and a stun. So she is not a tank at all, but more a damage dealer in the background.

The end game fight was a very strange for me. Somehow Gash had an ability to re-heal himself, not just once, but 5 times in a row
Did this occur before or after the cinematic in the Shimmerzone?

It was not a pleasure after all to kill Gash, and purge to near extinction the Hellwalker clan.
That is the irony of it. You are going to hate Gash through the whole campaign. In the end you finally get the canche to kill him and then it is no fun anymore :)

I still not processed entirely the whole ending of your campaign
Did I create some kind of plothole? Feel free to discuss it...

You hide some useful items on the map, but it was hard to belive, that you was expected the player to discover the map(in some precent) in a very defensive situation
Finding them is a reward for exploring despite the hard situation you are in. Fun fact: the first version was almost boring. @trycex managed to destroy two of the bases in the early version (so I had to scale the attacks up a bit):grin:

Level 26
You got it :thumbs_up:

You mean the Dragon hero? She is actually meant to be an intelligence hero with an AoE spell and a stun. So she is not a tank at all, but more a damage dealer in the background.

Did this occur before or after the cinematic in the Shimmerzone?

That is the irony of it. You are going to hate Gash through the whole campaign. In the end you finally get the canche to kill him and then it is no fun anymore :)

Did I create some kind of plothole? Feel free to discuss it...

Finding them is a reward for exploring despite the hard situation you are in. Fun fact: the first version was almost boring. @trycex managed to destroy two of the bases in the early version (so I had to scale the attacks up a bit):grin:
The boss fight thing - 4-5x re-heal by Gash - is happened before cinematic, and I don't know why it occured. After the cinematic, it is straight forward, it going to be end.

You are not created a plothole, I just need to put things to the right place in my mind.

By the way, there is an upgrade which is can't be researched by the player, is "Improved craftsmanship". Is for buildings for the orc faction (Fairsight Clan is sure, and Hellwalker Clan is used this, to improve their buildings defence and armor). It is forgotten in implementaiton for reason, or just a pure accident that players can't get this? (Part two only, part 1 there is no such a research like this.)

Last edited:
Level 7
No, no, no... what I mean is the Fulbolg hero, from the fulbolg faction btw

Level 13
The boss fight thing - 4-5x re-heal by Gash - is happened before cinematic, and I don't know why it occured. After the cinematic, it is straight forward, it going to be end.
That is not a bug but a fail-save. You are not supposed to kill Gash, he is supposed to almost kill you with his bodyguard. After the cinematic, the fail-save is removed.

It is forgotten in implementaiton for reason, or just a pure accident that players can't get this?
Is it not researchable? That could be a mistake from my hand. It was a last-minute add (also an idea of Trycex btw) and I thought I had implemented it correctly, but no... I will make it right in the next update.

No, no, no... what I mean is the Fulbolg hero, from the fulbolg faction btw
Now I see what you meant. I will see if I can change one or two of his abilities (I do not want to change all of his skills, because the AoE is needed as well).

Very good campaign indeed, it seems a lot effort has been made to create her, she is much better than previous part. When i played i first think i will not like her but in total after some hours of gameplay i am change my mind. Very good work, hope your work will be approved and you will continue to release future campaigns as that!🙂
Hi Lord_Of_Outland! Glad you changed your mind and liked it. Small spoiler: I am planning on working to an Human sequel after this (as well as reworking part one). As long as I enjoy making these campaigns I will continue. :)

Level 26
That is not a bug but a fail-save. You are not supposed to kill Gash, he is supposed to almost kill you with his bodyguard. After the cinematic, the fail-save is removed.

Is it not researchable? That could be a mistake from my hand. It was a last-minute add (also an idea of Trycex btw) and I thought I had implemented it correctly, but no... I will make it right in the next update.

Now I see what you meant. I will see if I can change one or two of his abilities (I do not want to change all of his skills, because the AoE is needed as well).

Hi Lord_Of_Outland! Glad you changed your mind and liked it. Small spoiler: I am planning on working to an Human sequel after this (as well as reworking part one). As long as I enjoy making these campaigns I will continue. :)
I mean, the "Improved Craftsmanship" was available for the computer controlled AI for a while(Part 2 only), but even on the last playable chapter of Part two: the Hellwalker clan didn't use it as well - if my memory serves me well -.

The towers -Frostfang clan- are weak, I almost thinked that orcs went broke pretty fast after their near annihilation by the Humans, that they only afford to build towers from paper. The Original WCIII Orc Watch Tower has 500hp. I didn't want to say that towers are should be strong like a Presidential Atom-Bunker, but you can't leave your base behind only with towers, because is nevermind the enemy who comes to your base, your towers fell like domino: Tower Spamming can work a few times, but the material and gold investment are huge, and the towers are weak. It's just not worth it after all.

If the piggies from the fairy tale are building these kind of watch towers against that wolf, I tell you: The wolf gonna be the winner, because he blow the hell out these towers for sure.

Last edited:
Level 13
That's will be very good sequel i hope:ogre_haosis:. Wish good luck and patience)
Thank you!

I mean, the "Improved Craftsmanship" was available for the computer controlled AI for a while(Part 2 only), but even on the last playable chapter of Part two: the Hellwalker clan didn't use it as well - if my memory serves me well -.
The upgrade is supposed to work only for the Fairsight Clan.

The towers -Frostfang clan- are weak
The Ice Tower is not that strong, but the Glaive Tower is not that bad, isn't it? :(

If the piggies from the fairy tale are building these kind of watch towers against that wolf, I tell you: The wolf gonna be the winner, because he blow the hell out these towers for sure.
I suppose the orcs are not used to being the pig... :grin:

i think there a bug when facing gash he just heal himself whenever i drop his health below 30% i try to wait but he ust keeping heal no matter what i do
Hi Snowleopard! Does this happen after you defeated all rounds of units (when Gash joins the fight himself)? Because then you are meant to let yourself being defeated (kind of unusual, I know)

Level 26
The Ice Tower is not that strong, but the Glaive Tower is not that bad, isn't it? :(
Let's talk about the Towers of your campaign. ONLY PART 2 Towers!

Fairsight Clan
--------------
Has Fortified upgrade option, 450HP, + spikes (Upgradeable), nothing fancy. It can take a little beat, but If Borug & his friends come to visit your base, hope you build 3 row + the first row is made from burrows. Be happy what you have after your towers eliminated the threat. Nice and easy, nothing to worry. Also to note: The reskin/change of model of the tower looks very stylist. The Fairsight Clan likes the black color, even has an "Black armor" upgrade for units. It has:
  • fortified upgrade
  • upgadeable spikes
and:
- no "Improved/Advanced Craftsmanship" upgrade, not even on a single chapter from part 1 and part 2 on the player side.

Ogre-Trolls
-----------
Troll Watch Tower Has upgradeable attack, which is a nice feature, and nothing more. Plain, it can satisfy your needs, but hope you have a worker around plus guard units, in case you go wandering or attack some enemy position. Can be Build by Troll Worker.
  • no fortified upgrade
  • no spikes
Rock Tower - Alternative Boulder Tower, good to have, has Fortified armor (!). It's like a cannon tower from the Humans. Nice. Can be build by Ogre Worker, and strange when the Ogre Builds a plain scout tower, and the only upgrade it has, is this. Do you planned more type of towers used by the ogres? Why the Frostfang Clan actually can build straight forward a Glaive tower, but an ogre worker can't build a Rock Tower instantly? Why the rock tower has two type of attack, both of them doing siege damage?
- no spikes

In my mind, I connected Boulder Towers with the Ogres. Don't ask why. It's a Dreanei Thing, but when I played custom campaigns, I found some maps, where the ogres are using Boulder Towers.

Hellwalker Clan
----------------
Flame Tower - It's like a catapult on stationary form. It has the same upgrade as the Destructor (Renamed and Reskinned Catapult), the Burning Oil upgrade. The Flame Tower only attacks ground units.
  • no fortified armor & upgrade
  • no spikes
  • no "Attack Ground" option
It's good against cluster of troops, and if the enemy come close, it can harm your buildings and troops, especially after the burning oil upgrade was researched. You can't leave behind these towers, because air units can easily pick them one by one.

Frostfang Clan
----------------
Ice Watch Tower - Since the clan has an obsession with Cold, the Tower doing Frost damage too other than the normal piercing damage- Like a Nerubian Ziggurat tower -. 450HP.
  • no fortified upgrade
  • no spikes
Can easily picked by cluster of enemy units. So be in mind, that you can't leave these towers behind without additional guard units, or without peons.

Glaive Tower - It's nice to have,doing piercing damage suprisingly - Glaive Thrower doing siege damage - . It's like a Human Cannon tower, but:
  • no fortified armor & upgrade
  • no siege damage
  • no AoE damage
  • no "Attack Ground" Option
  • no spikes
Good to have, but I think the tower model is weird - for me. If it's possibe, it can get the "Frost Missles" upgrade from the Pulverizer: that would be a nice feature.

Unique Towers
-----------------
Crossbow (Ballistae?) - Giant crossbow, doing Piercing Damage, very slow, only 700 range. Has no upgrades from the orcs, only from the Humans (Magic Sentry). Can't be build by Orcish clans, only Night Elfs & Humans. It can be found in part two, only in certain chapters: like Chapter 15. Also has missing texture on his ammo (It's pink there). Very unique, I liked it.

Bell Tower - The Bell tower is nothing special, it's like a normal Hellwalker Clan Flame Tower, without any attack, only the option to call Kazumaki's Reinforcements, to attack the Night Elf's Capital City. I didn't noticed the tower special ability instantly, but after sometime, I was clicked on it, and realised it's function. I'm blind sometimes: Some members of Hive can approve what I said about myself.

If you want to replace the Bell Tower.: Bell Tower

• I found strange, the Hellwalker Clan's Burrow: it is a pig farm, and can minions go inside to throw spears against the attackers.
  • I send Maulers into the Mutation pit and I making shades during the process, but in result I get Maimers.
    1680127913587.png
  • The Mutation Pit has only one upgrade for the Maimers: Smash. During the research process, I can send Maulers to mutate into Maimers, stopping the research,until the unit was mutated into Maimer.
  • I discovered that Necrolyte "Raise Skeleton" ability is not toggleable, like the "Raise Dead" in the Necromancer.

To answer your question: Ice towers are good, and I'm a bit too maximalist sometimes - this is a serious problem for myselft too. Don't take too harshly my words. You are doing good, and I like it. Sorry for the criticism, sometimes I doing that way too much.

Alternative for WCII pigfarm: OldSchool Orc Farm

Last edited:
Level 13
Spoiler: So now, we talk about towers!
That was a lot of words for an answer :grin: :grin: :grin:. I do not mind it if you say it to be honest. It gives me the chance to reflect on the campaign, which I can use to improve the sequels. I cannot say I will change all of those towers, but I will consider it (making the Rock Tower buildable right away is a nice suggestion).

The reason why some factions have some weak spots is because I want them to be their own unique strong and weak points.
ou can't leave behind these towers, because air units can easily pick them one by one
This is a good example. The Hellwalker Clan is a pretty OP faction (their regular units, air units and siege units are strong. Besides, their casters aren't weak either). Making their static defense slightly weaker creates some balance in my opinion.

If you want to replace the Bell Tower.: Bell Tower
I actually like the suggestion!

I send Maulers into the Mutation pit and I making shades during the process, but in result I get Maimers.
I did not get it fixed. It is probably a standard setting in the editor for the sacrifice ability (or I am a complete noob:wink:)

The Mutation Pit has only one upgrade for the Maimers: Smash. During the research process, I can send Maulers to mutate into Maimers, stopping the research,until the unit was mutated into Maimer.
I think this is caused by the same problem as the aforementioned one. See above.

• I discovered that Necrolyte "Raise Skeleton" ability is not toggleable, like the "Raise Dead" in the Necromancer.
You need to clarify this for me. It is not autocastable, is it?

Alternative for WCII pigfarm: OldSchool Orc Farm
Thanks! I will try this one if the others do not function.

Level 26
You need to clarify this for me. It is not autocastable, is it?
Yes, it's about autocastable-ing the spell. If you are making autocastable, please make those yellow lines on it, like on the Necromancer spell. I leave this here, for example:
skeletonwarrior.gif
(Picture is copied from classic.battle.net)

Those yellow lines on it means, it's toggleable/Autocastable.

This is a good example. The Hellwalker Clan is a pretty OP faction (their regular units, air units and siege units are strong. Besides, their casters aren't weak either). Making their static defense slightly weaker creates some balance in my opinion.
That was a lot of words for an answer :grin: :grin: :grin:. I do not mind it if you say it to be honest. It gives me the chance to reflect on the campaign, which I can use to improve the sequels. I cannot say I will change all of those towers, but I will consider it (making the Rock Tower buildable right away is a nice suggestion).

The reason why some factions have some weak spots is because I want them to be their own unique strong and weak points.

I writed down the facts about the towers, and some of them are suggestion, but only when you see them as a suggestion. I'm happy if you implement some changes, it probably going to change the quality of your campaign, and the changes are hopefully is welcomed with good intention, not only by me, but other players too. If you want to discover more throughly, you should post a thread, with voting for certain things you like to implement, change, etc.

Hellwalker clan is a very strong clan. I don't think other than "Attack Ground" option is needed on there anything - on my opinion. Attack Ground option is can be found on ranged siege units like: Catapult, Mortar Team, but certain defensive buildings like Cannon Tower has this option, and sometimes is very useful. The icon of this action is this:

attackground.gif
(Picture is copied from classic.battle.net)
This option is missing from your campaign, from some buildings. Like:
  • Glaive Tower
  • Flame Tower

Level 9
Well, this campaign was unexpected. I haven't played the first part, although I must commend you on the very visible difference in quality between the two versions, you have potential as a creator. In my opinion, this campaign did not excel in any specific way, rather it simply did well in all aspects, in some doing slightly better (i.e gameplay and tech-trees) and others slightly worse (i.e cinematics and writing). I notice the amount of effort you've put into the campaign, and I'll try to mimic that effort with my review, as such I'll be detailing each aspect.

Gameplay 3.5/5

The campaign didn't offer anything...special in terms of missions, it was the typical Blizzard missions, either defend until X amount of time, destroy the enemy base, or do X thing without your heroes dying. But just because it wasn't anything special does not mean that it wasn't done well. Whilst I do wish that there were different levels of difficulty, so that I could give myself a bigger challenge on some of the more interesting missions (i.e the Clash of Clans mission, the siege of stardust city, the defense mission with Rokaro and his father). I quite enjoyed the tech-trees and differing clans, their specialties, strengths and weaknesses but I did have some nitpicks. When the Maimers were introduced, I expected for us to unlock a Troll variation eventually as well. Disappointing we never did. The fliers of the Fairsight Clan feel...quite lacking, especially when you have such busted units like the Elemental Master, whom in imo makes you not want to use the Tier 2 and Tier 3 fliers' spells. Regarding the defense mission with Rokaro and his father, one thing I did not like is the fact that the A.I had normal gathering instead of AI gathering, which disappointed me quite a bit because I wanted to destroy one of the enemy bases so that I can gain a second source of income that I can use for the last minutes (since I knew the gold mine wouldn't last) and I managed to destroy the base of the Royal Army. Only to my dismay to find their gold mine had been exhausted. Alongside every other base except the NE's gold mine (whom for some reason didnt even bother mining) and the Sun Elves (whom only used 3 workers for the gold mine and had it...VERY far away from their town center). The defense mission itself wasn't very difficult, but I enjoyed seeing the various tech-trees of the enemy factions and particularly liked the story of the mission (good job on writing characters that actually felt real).

One thing I remembered whilst writing this, I had started the first mission twice, the first time, I had only advanced a little bit because I had to log off and forgot to save, but I remembered having the Healing Rain(?) spell I think in Fairsight's spellbook, if its not called that then i'll just call it the vanilla tranquility spell. However, in the second run, the tranquility spell was nowhere in his spellbook. Idk if that was a bug or you somehow managed to code it so that the spells are random each run. But basically, there was the Devour Magic spell, which was always there and the Tranquility spell in the first run, and in the second run there was only the Devour Magic and Lightning Bolt spells.

On the siege of Stardust mission, I encountered two specific problems. One, after a specific amount of time (after Cromash joins the fight), the game simply just crashed. I don't know what caused it, as I couldn't just open the campaign in the editor and see for myself as it appears that the campaign is protected, or if this is a campaign issue or a me issue. Regardless it resulted into me having to rush the mission with cheats which was a bugger cause I liked it. Another problem I encountered, which relates to two of your design choices, one is Rokaro's spell and the large amounts of HP you gave to trees. There were plenty of times where I saw the AI get their Rokaro stuck in-between trees because they used his first ability and it caused him to somehow fit him in between trees. I don't mind the immortal trees, but on the Clash of Clans mission it felt weird having the Ashenvale trees be immortal and the Lordaeron Fall trees have regular tree HP.

The arch-druid fight felt too easy due to the heroes being somewhat over-tuned, mostly Gash. 80% cleave with life-steal is...too strong imo. Especially when you add high chaos damage on top of that. Thankfully you don't feel Gash's OP-ness in the second-to-last and last missions because Rokaro has a 5 second bash as his ultimate, so ig OP cancels the other OP.

Overall, gameplay was quite good.

Cinematics, Story & Terrain 3/5

For the love of god use panning cameras. The camera-work was quite boring as it would just fixate on one location for over 20 seconds with one character talking, which felt quite boring to watch when you've shown you can do decent terrain to show off. Just a small pan to the camera can make your cinematics much better, just have it like slightly move around the character, yk? I think that's my only issue with the cinematics themselves and how they're portrayed.

The story was quite well done, I enjoyed your characters and the fact that they actually felt real, however, your grammar definitely needs a re-touch, as there were many instances throughout the campaign where you either forgot words to add, or the sentence was incorrectly formed, or some words were wrong. Regardless, your point got across despite the errors in writing. I enjoyed the campaign's message and overall liked the characters.

The terrain was rather random. With that I mean that sometimes it was good and sometimes it was somewhat boring to look at, the Epilogue being the main crime of that, as the terrain felt a bit, rushed? Idk but it didn't feel like it had the same level of detail as other missions did. But overall, it was decent, nothing too extravagant.

Final rating, 4 stars for the effort and improvement you've done compared to the first part.

Level 13
Yes, it's about autocastable-ing the spell. If you are making autocastable, please make those yellow lines on it, like on the Necromancer spell. I leave this here, for example:
It is good you pointed this out for me, because I was not aware it was autocastable at all. It is added to the list.

I writed down the facts about the towers, and some of them are suggestion, but only when you see them as a suggestion.
I do not think I will add the ground attack option, but I do think I can change some armor etc. Just to make some towers have more survivability.

I haven't played the first part, although I must commend you on the very visible difference in quality between the two versions, you have potential as a creator.
Hi Rennathrim! Thanks for the feedback and rating. Glad to hear I have some potential :)

Due to the amount of feedback, I will react on the most important/eye-catching things in your feedback.

particularly liked the story of the mission (good job on writing characters that actually felt real)
Thanks! Making the characters was actually the hardest part of making the campaign, so I am glad you liked them.

The campaign didn't offer anything...special in terms of missions
I agree with you on that. My skill level is not that high, so I decided to first finish this campaign (considering the amount of improvement between part one and two). Bu tthe mission are pretty straight forward, both for the player and the creator.

One thing I remembered whilst writing this, I had started the first mission twice, the first time, I had only advanced a little bit because I had to log off and forgot to save, but I remembered having the Healing Rain(?) spell I think in Fairsight's spellbook, if its not called that then i'll just call it the vanilla tranquility spell. However, in the second run, the tranquility spell was nowhere in his spellbook. Idk if that was a bug or you somehow managed to code it so that the spells are random each run. But basically, there was the Devour Magic spell, which was always there and the Tranquility spell in the first run, and in the second run there was only the Devour Magic and Lightning Bolt spells.
This is a known bug which I couldn't fix. I posted it under 'known bugs' in the promotion of the campaign. Thanks for notifying anyway.

the game simply just crashed
That map has a long history of crashing (which I thought I had fixed). I have played the map several times in many different ways until I did not encounter them anymore. To be short, I do not know what causes it. But if more people encounter crashes too, please let me know.

it felt weird having the Ashenvale trees be immortal and the Lordaeron Fall trees have regular tree HP.
I will fix that.

80% cleave with life-steal is...too strong imo
I know he is OP, but he is meant to be it. Feel free to think otherwise, it is a difference in what you like about gameplay.:smile:

owever, your grammar definitely needs a re-touch, as there were many instances throughout the campaign where you either forgot words to add, or the sentence was incorrectly formed, or some words were wrong.
That is something I need help for. English is not my native language (as you might have guessed). Any idea where I could post a thread for help? (To avoid posting in the wrong place)

Final rating, 4 stars for the effort and improvement you've done compared to the first part.
Thanks!

Level 9
That is something I need help for. English is not my native language (as you might have guessed). Any idea where I could post a thread for help? (To avoid posting in the wrong place)

I myself do not use Hive a lot, or know its ins and outs, that other people probably would know. I'm only here to download campaigns, play them and give the creators my thoughts. But regarding grammar, what I usually do (since English is not my native language either), is just type what I want to write for something into google documents and it typically has pretty good grammar correction and will definitely fix your little mistakes that are sprawled throughout the dialogue.

Level 26
I do not think I will add the ground attack option, but I do think I can change some armor etc. Just to make some towers have more survivability.
My suggestions from my perspective, and opinion, after many facts I said:
  • Glaive Tower damage change: From Piercing to Siege damage, giving the Area of Effect for the damage they do, no more armor & armor type change needed, maybe Frost Missle upgrade is a good idea. Attack Ground option is not important, but if you do so, please make it "Researchable". The original Glaive Thrower was capable of doing "Attack Ground", but only if you researched it. (Vorpal Blades)
  • Ice Watch Tower need no change
  • Flame Tower needs nothing, other of "Attack Ground" option, which can solve the problems in few situations.

Attack Ground - 1 from 2.png
Picture one: Cannon tower has no chance to eliminate a threat in this case.
Attack Ground - 2 from 2.png
Picture two: Now the threat can be eliminated, because of AoE damage. When you go out with many of your soldiers are attacking enemy positions, and you do not want to take forces back from the attack, this ability can be useful, because it can eliminate some threats with little possibility, if the target unit is outside of it's range.

In some custom campaigns I had this problem actually. The tower spam was able to deal with most of the attackers, but catapults/meatwagons are picked my towers one by one from the distance, because the towers - without AoE damage, not cannon towers, no "Attack Ground" option - cannot deal with the threat. So, cannon towers directly can't damage the mentioned threats, but with the help of the "Ground Attack" option, and AoE damage, they can solve the problem, slower than it suppose to be, but they are after did solve the help, with little intervention by me.

I swear, this is my last words about towers, and I'm done with it. Sorry if I annoyed you.

Last edited:
Level 9
I forgot to mention this, but due to the notifications I remembered.
That map has a long history of crashing (which I thought I had fixed). I have played the map several times in many different ways until I did not encounter them anymore. To be short, I do not know what causes it. But if more people encounter crashes too, please let me know.

I'll replay that mission to try and find what causes the crash, or at the very least, tell you exactly what I did until it crashed.

(After playing it again)

Okay so, I replayed the fading starlight mission. Thankfully and also weirdly, I managed to do it in one run, without any issues whatsoever. I don't know why it didn't cause any issues now, as I played it in the same exact way as I played it originally, which was helping the Ogre-Troll clans in destroying the royal army and night elven base to the south-east corner of the map (although this time I didn't touch the sun elven base in the south-western corner of the map as the Fairsight Clan managed to kill them before I even touched them). Then I simply besieged the city, rushed for the elite side quest and then destroyed the first druid base at the bottom of the city, then ran to the furbolgs (which I noticed that they have some form of unit that is invisible, as in its model doesnt work. That unit I think is a flier judging by the projectile's height that they were shooting, if its helps, they were shooting the Troll Batrider projectile). Then I went for the church's base, did the secrets around the map, went for the gray base, then the last sun elven base and finally went for Cynrus' base (why the hell does Cynrus have 100+ attack damage?!).

I'm glad I managed to get a full run of the mission without any issues because as I thought initially, I would enjoy the heck out of it. I'm surprised at how useful the allied A.I was, as they even managed to destroy two entire bases without my help at all, and I like how it encourages you to attack with the AI in the early game to get some good expansions.

Oh, now that I remember, I did run into one other issue and that was with the Arch Druid's bossfight. Because I already had knowledge from my previous run, when the portals opened up, I immediately rushed the two right portals so that I can stop the unit summoning, however, it didn't work. The units were constantly being summoned until the last phase of the boss, but only the units from those specific portals, the last two portals I had destroyed a few seconds after they had finished their animations. And note; it was only the human/sun-elven units. Also, you should add some kind of hint like Gorfax saying that they need to destroy those portals, because in my first run of the boss fight, I thought that the portals were a timed event, not a "destroy the portals to proceed".

P.S The Blood Orc Iron Mill, whilst the tooltip is just fine, the actual unit's name is not visible, or just doesn't exist.

Overall, good mission, just needs those tweaks as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
Level 26
Okay so, I replayed the fading starlight mission. Thankfully and also weirdly, I managed to do it in one run, without any issues whatsoever. I don't know why it didn't cause any issues now, as I played it in the same exact way as I played it originally, which was helping the Ogre-Troll clans in destroying the royal army and night elven base to the south-east corner of the map (although this time I didn't touch the sun elven base in the south-western corner of the map as the Fairsight Clan managed to kill them before I even touched them). Then I simply besieged the city, rushed for the elite side quest and then destroyed the first druid base at the bottom of the city, then ran to the furbolgs (which I noticed that they have some form of unit that is invisible, as in its model doesnt work. That unit I think is a flier judging by the projectile's height that they were shooting, if its helps, they were shooting the Troll Batrider projectile). Then I went for the church's base, did the secrets around the map, went for the gray base, then the last sun elven base and finally went for Cynrus' base (why the hell does Cynrus have 100+ attack damage?!).

I'm glad I managed to get a full run of the mission without any issues because as I thought initially, I would enjoy the heck out of it. I'm surprised at how useful the allied A.I was, as they even managed to destroy two entire bases without my help at all, and I like how it encourages you to attack with the AI in the early game to get some good expansions.

Oh, now that I remember, I did run into one other issue and that was with the Arch Druid's bossfight. Because I already had knowledge from my previous run, when the portals opened up, I immediately rushed the two right portals so that I can stop the unit summoning, however, it didn't work. The units were constantly being summoned until the last phase of the boss, but only the units from those specific portals, the last two portals I had destroyed a few seconds after they had finished their animations. And note; it was only the human/sun-elven units. Also, you should add some kind of hint like Gorfax saying that they need to destroy those portals, because in my first run of the boss fight, I thought that the portals were a timed event, not a "destroy the portals to proceed".

P.S The Blood Orc Iron Mill, whilst the tooltip is just fine, the actual unit's name is not visible, or just doesn't exist.

Overall, good mission, just needs those tweaks as far as I'm aware.
Please merge your post by editing your previous one, adding this. Double posting is something that I don't want to joke.

Level 13
I swear, this is my last words about towers, and I'm done with it. Sorry if I annoyed you.
It did not annoy me. Thanks for clearing it out for me. I did not know it was possible to discuss this many about towers :)

I don't know why it didn't cause any issues now
I am afraid it could become one of the in-game mysteries of Part Two.

which I noticed that they have some form of unit that is invisible
You could not see the Owl Riders? That did not happen when I played it, and I did play the map (too) many times.

Also, you should add some kind of hint like Gorfax saying that they need to destroy those portals, because in my first run of the boss fight, I thought that the portals were a timed event, not a "destroy the portals to proceed".
Good idea!

The units were constantly being summoned until the last phase of the boss, but only the units from those specific portals
@HuanJuan already told me this. Thanks anyway :smile:

It does exist, it only doesn't show up. Another known bug which I spent a lot of time on without fixing it.

Level 9
You could not see the Owl Riders? That did not happen when I played it, and I did play the map (too) many times.
No, I could not and neither were they targetable, had to attack move to get rid of them, so it was the typical "missing model" problem. Maybe my version of the game has something to do with it, which is 1.31.

Level 26
It did not annoy me. Thanks for clearing it out for me. I did not know it was possible to discuss this many about towers :)

I am afraid it could become one of the in-game mysteries of Part Two.

Good idea!

@HuanJuan already told me this. Thanks anyway :smile:

It does exist, it only doesn't show up. Another known bug which I spent a lot of time on without fixing it.
I found that the Blood Orc Crossbowman (Brute) has a problematic portrait: His head is not moving, and even when you hear it speaking when you order to do something, his mouth does not moving. So, in this map: Fel Orc Adventure It has a functional portrait. So, check it out, if you want to import that into your campaign.

Thanks to @General Frank I found some models to suggest. It's from a Russian website.

Links:

/

Last edited: