• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking Spell Requests- made quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi eveyone :). I am accepting spell requests right now if anyone needs anything. Heres a couple things you should know before you request a spell:

1. You should know at least some triggering to put the spell into your map

2. My spells dont have much 'eye-candy'. You can add the visual effects you want, but my spell will do what you want.

3. PLEEEEEEASE dont request valcano or another extremely common spell unless your idea is relatively different to current ones

4. Specify if you need to make your spells have multi-instance (this means more than one can be used at the same time)

5. I DO use some Jass in my spells although not often. I will try to use only gui if its possible so that everyone can change it as they need.

6. I will finish spells as quickly as possible, but some spells may take a little while

Level 4
I was going to make this spell, but don't seem to be brave enough to start the work:
Take a try:
Twisted Lightning: a lightning bolt that twists to the target (looks like a spring), dealing dmg to all units in a line.

Requirement: multi instanceable, prefer lag free, small imported stuff accepted, 5 levels.

Will be greatly credited.

Level 3
hmmm... I can do what you want except for the animation of the lightning twisting. This is do to the fact that the lightning is not actually a model. It is simply a movement of particle emitters hard-coded into the game. I know how to make my own lightnings, but they are always straight.

Because this is so simple, it would probably be deleted if i posted it in the spells section, so Ill just tell you how to do it. Basically all you need to do is edit the impale effect to have the same animation as finger of death. Then, just edit the number of levels field to be 5. This will make it COMPLETELY multi-instanceable and also lag free.

Hope this helps. If I didn't explain it clearly enough, I could post it in the spells section, but youll need to get it quickly before the mods delete it.

Level 4
It wouldnt be too to hard, but multiinstancability might be a problem. Just change the height and offset and angle in a mathematical formula.

Level 4
There needn't any model, the basic way to do is to use the normal lightning effects and create dummy units so these lightning bolts form a twisted lightning.

That's the hard part, cause you need to form a few formulas to create that effect.

Otherwise I wouldn't request such a spell.

If you feel making a model instead of making formulas and creating dummy stuff is a better way, welcomed to.

Level 3
i see what you mean. just make a bunch of lightning effects. The problem with this, is lightning uses a lot of memory. Making that many lightnings would likely cause major lag on slower machines.

Level 4
If you decide to make this spell,make it out of a lightning modles and not actualy lightning. Make it a looping function and do the following for height:
if interger A is less then or equal to 25, then do set height of last created unit to interger A x 10

if interger A is greater then 25, then do set height of last created unit to interger A x -10 + 250

And keep doing that.

Level 11
ArcanisteR said:
A lot of lightnings don't cause much lag, as a spell I made called Convergent Lightning which is simpler than the one I request here also uses a lot of lightning effects.

Heh, I have ot contradict you ArcanisteR. Keep in mind that the map you make and for which you need the spell, might be used on slower computers as well. And to tell you, my Holy Word spell was lagging even with 20 lightning effects (without putting the circle of orbs...) and when I added those... sheesh. But I liked the effect so I left it available.

And as for formulas... This is a problem of trigonometry. All such effects need knowledge of trigonometry and I have no idea about it right now. I'm doing it in the second semester. Sorry, I personally can't come with an idea.

Level 5
spell request

could u make me a spell like impale that damages units in a line but the blasts are right next to each other and it doesnt stun? ty

Status
Not open for further replies.