• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
here u can post your spell ideas or spell requests for your map

Rules:

1. Everyone may post his spell ideas

2. Eveyone may make the suggested spells

3. Normal forum rules

4. When so. decide to make one of the spells, please post sth. like "ok, i will make spell x", because then no spell will be done twice

Level 7
There is a spell in Final Fantsy Tactics that would be cool to be made.

I forgot the name, but this is what it does:
It picks a random unit in the battlefield, and instantly kills it, no matter who it is, allie or enemy. Make the casting time a bit long and add some cool effects to it and it would make a more-than-decent spell.

One more idea:
Name: Fissure
Make it off shockwave spell, and have it do dmg/per second with a thunder clap effect on it so the units cant move. That would make a killer spell.

Level 4
hey razor, I was wonderin if u could do those spells for me... take ur time.

1st Spell : Galaxian Explosion.
A small aoe spell with high impact damage, needs a model of blowin planets and stuff..

2nd spell : Dimensional Rift.
Teleports a target enemy unit to another dimension makin him useless for 5 seconds.. then come back with 100 less hp... *he doesn't regenerate jp/mana in the other dimension, disappears from the map, returns with the same items/cooldowns... Also make a trigger for noobs who think it's a bug: "Player name has been sent to another dimension and will be back in 5 seconds." with a countdown timer on the screen* and when the target is back..the terrain moves like in earthquake. needs a model of moving planets and dimensions or use black hole(available on the site)...

3rd spell : Mind confusion.
makes a target enemy unit walk like a random critter, use spells on other targets(if possible) to a short period of time.

4th spell : sickness.
targets falls asleep if left alone or got too many fast commands.... (is dispellable) and slows spell cooldowns.

5th : Psychic Heal.
caster is channelin a spell ... has a light around him and starts healin units in an area of effect dependin on a percentage of their initial hp...

thx in advance

Level 3
I might be able to help with making some of the spells... Although i am a newcomer to JASS, i have substatial experience with the normal GUI triggers and making custom spells (although i haven't upladed any of them here yet...)

Level 4
Requesting. This spell is super hard... it's a special feature for 3 distinct heroes.. when they combine in a triangle form(very near) they can cast all their ultimates combined in one, the most powerfull ultimate called "Athena exclamation". while channeling the 3 heroes take 4 times normal damage from spells... the animation should be a huge light goin through the targeted enemy.. it should be like shockwave as well(pass by the targeted unit hitting the ones behind it/in front of it) casters should lose all their mana after the attack and their life is equal to 10% if it ain't already of the initial hp base. Channenling is equal to 4 seconds with banshee possession model. Can u do it ?

Level 8
Want these done in jass.

Wristblade - Hero hits a unit for x damage, and throws the unit in the air, when the unit lands it is stunned for x seconds.

Speargun
- Throws a spear at a targeted enemy dealing damage, and has a x chance to travel through and hit others behind em.

Disc - Throws a disc dealing like a boomerang, the disc flys in a half circle radius and everyone within disc range is hurt by x damage, the disc returns to the hero.

Each spell has 4 levels, spell 1 could maybe be based off of stormbolt at close range, and spell 2 can be used like stormbolt aswell, I dont know wut spell 3 can be, but use spellbreaker missile.

Level 8
New spells forget my last post.

Speargun - Throws a spear at a targeted enemy dealing damage, and has a x chance to travel through and hit others behind em.

Disc - Throws a disc dealing like a boomerang, the disc flys in a half circle radius and everyone within disc range is hurt by x damage, the disc returns to the hero.

Netgun - Hero throws net dealing x damage, and when the unit is hit he gets thrown back x radius and is ensnared for x seconds.

Level 1
leissaK said:

It picks a random unit in the battlefield, and instantly kills it, no matter who it is, allie or enemy. Make the casting time a bit long and add some cool effects to it and it would make a more-than-decent spell.

One more idea:
Name: Fissure
Make it off shockwave spell, and have it do dmg/per second with a thunder clap effect on it so the units cant move. That would make a killer spell.

for fissure, sry to be mean, if i am, simply use a dummy spell caster to affect the units as they are impacted by the spell, using unit group-units within xxx dist from caster and xxx angle from caster i believe, but not sure.

For the first 1 you should simply use a trigger like this

EVENTS
+A unit starts the effect of an ability
CONDITIONS
+(Ability being cast)is spellx equal to true
ACTIONS
+Unit - kill random unit in unit group- units within xdistance of position of casting unit.

Quite simple really.

Level 7
i'm back from vacation and will start with leissaK's spells if yet necessary

@The_Raven: do u make testament's spells or not? if so, i will leave them out

EDIT: @ BLX i made one time one. the sword of the hero became a firy one, he had a passive chance to stun/curse/make x extra damage. unfortunately, i lost this spell 1/4 year ago when my comp crashed

Level 2
leissaK said:

It's been a while since I've played FFT, but I would think you mean Roulette.

Anwyay, I'm new here, and have just stopped by to say hi; and share a few ideas.

Signal Flare:
The user fires a flare-gun into the air, releasing a red, phosphorous sprite. In 10 seconds, a Goblin Airship appears, dropping 5 Allied Infantry units at the location. You may now use these units as normal.

Bounty Aura:
The Hero's desire for gold and riches has provided them with an innate ability to increase the gold received after slaying a creep.

[Level 1] - Double Gold
[Level 2] - Triple Gold
[Level 3] - Quadruple Gold

Swift Aura:
All Allied units in close proximity to the Hero will benefit from improved movement speed, attack speed and evasion.

[Level 1] - 5% Attack, 10% Movement, 10% Evasion
[Level 2] - 10% Attack, 15% Movement, 10% Evasion
[Level 3] - 15% Attack, 20% Movement, 15% Evasion

Nothing special, just some random thoughts. Hope it sparks somebody's creativity. :)

Level 7
hi, welcome in this forum

i think swift aura is already done by vexorian, the others i could do

Level 12
Pump up

How it works- When spell is activated the user is given x amount of time to click on the unit. Depending on how many times the unit is clicked the unit will gain that much damage over a 30 second period

-note- if possible add in a speed upgrade

Level 1
Time for clicking- 5 sec
Damage per click- 1
Duration- 15
Cooldown- 30

Level 2
Time for clicking- 5 sec
Damage per click- 2
Duration- 15 sec
Cooldown- 30 sec

Level 3
Time for clicking- 10 sec
Damage per click- 3
Duration- 30 sec
Cooldown- 60

This could potentially be a hard spell but good for most brute force warriors

Level 3
Here's a tough one.
Black Hole (or whatever u wanna call it)

Hero Ability - Ward

Basically, a ward gets placed, and sucks units towards it. The catch? The units have their regular animations working. So if an allied unit entered the AoE, (enemy units only) it could still 'fight' with the enemy unit getting sucked back. The enemy could still attack and walk, it would 'do' those actions, only, all the while it would get sucked back towards the ward, getting damaged all the while. Try to do this and make it look nice and smooth. Have fun :)

Level 9
The thing is that if the units could continue to fight, then they could easily move out of the Black Hole's AoE.

If you still wanted to do this, you could use my spell. Give the Black Hole invisibility and decrease frequency of my periodic event trigger.

~The_Raven

Level 12
Does anybody have any suggestions to do this spell?
It would help me alot, plus could be used as a charge for maps like DBZ.

Give me suggestions in this format

Trigger #
Event
Condition
Action

I need all the help i can get so even crappy suggestions would be better then none

Level 12
I sorta got the other spell down, so im going on to the next,

Justice Wave- Heals Allies, Hurts Enemies

Ultimate
Hurts or heals- 500
Number of targets- 10

I just need a little help

Level 7
i finished †es†amen†'s spell suggestion (and leissaK's too). i have to make the creeps respawn, then i will upload it. next spells will be tiki's

Level 2
I would like to request a spell:
called Blades of Blood
it shoots out razor like red blades, in half circles, that spin, and do line damage. i cant find a model for it ><
if you got any ideas that would Grreeat! :lol:

Level 3
Spell Request

I cant relly understand Verxorian's copycat spell... can some one pls do a 1 lv ultimate that copies a hero but u retain your items.

Nightmare
A spell that only damages the sleep.
lv1: 250dmg wakes the unit
lv2: 350dmg wakes the unit
lv3: 450dmg wakes the unit

Lag
lv1 taks dmg from attack after 60sec
lv2 taks dmg from attack after 70sec
lv3 taks dmg from attack after 80sec

Lastly, I am abit noob in thw World Editor.
And i dont understand the recipe trigger. Can someone make a map on it with all these spells pls?? Thanx.

Level 7
v.1.1 is uploaded. i added tiki's ideas and athena's (different to The_Raven's one). next spells will be the flaming sword spell and DracoLord's. sry that it took that long, but i had to make 3 versions of athena's exclamation :wink:

Level 4
Here's a hard one, it's one I requested earlier, but Raven never got working on it, because he never got an appropiate model for it.

Bounds Of Life
Launches Strings around the caster linking all units to him. It slowly saps away 5 hp every 2 secs, any unit under the effect can't move, and all ranged units under the effects can only attack at melee range. If a hero is struck by a string, it can still move and attack at any range, but it still sapped of hp. The caster can move around and do what ever, but if he dies, all the units and heroes stuck by strings die with him.

Level 1
I'm looking to create an intense spell called Wrath Of Nature.

Basically it effects a 1000 Area, first the caster uses roar which targets 1000 Area (Buffs to enemies only to make them selectable). Then it slides everyone back across the ground while doing special effects (whatever works best), then it finishes off with Doom special effect on the target.

Something along those lines, maybe changed a little if it could be made cooler.

Level 11
I think you are wrong Dr.Nitro. This guy was looking for help and he found this thread which sounded like the place where he would receive it. It was a request thread after all... Wasn't it? So... This Revival is an skipped in some exception cases you know.

Mortiegama... First, welcome to wc3sear.ch. I see this is your first post and I hope Dr.Nitro's reply didn't make you feel like leaving the place? He is sometimes a little harsh... You can find many nice people helping you, including him when you don't catch him like he was now. :D Anyway, for your spell, I am afraid I no longer take requests. I am very very busy with school... BUT, if you can detail this spell, I might be able to give you some hints about doing it through triggers. I hope you know how to work with Object Editor and Trigger Editor. These are the basic things you need for spells.

~Daelin

Level 2
Hi, I need help on a certain spell I've been working on... Ok, I made a custom hero with custom spells... I've gotten all of the spells besides the ultimate to work. Ok, my custom hero is an arachnatid clone but it's a hero... Ok sorry for being so obvious... The ultimate is basically spawning less powerful arachnatids (It sounds easy but it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to...) I've got all the art and stuff down... Basically, what I want it to do is that it spawn 6 arachnathids when it dies (I used spawn spiderlings as the base) I got the amount and type of unit spawned thing to work properly but it's just that once the ability is researched, there's no icon where the icon for the ultimate should be... I have the icon for after it's research down but it still doesn't show... I know that spawn spells are "Hard-Wired" to not show an icon when it is researched... I'm just wondering if there is a certain way to get around this using minimal triggers (It would help if there weren't any triggers involved as I'm horrible with them...) Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if any of this doesn't make sense... Also, I kinda wanted the spell to have a reincarnation effect where after my arachnatid hero is killed, there is a delay before the less powerful arachnathids spawn (The delay time equal to that of Reincarnation...) I tried altering the casting delay time but that doesn't seem to work. Oh right, if you want to know why I want an icon after the spell is researched well it's because I want the spell to have a 120 second cooldown and it does work properly but the problem is that the icon doesn't show so whoever is playing with my custom hero won't know how long it is before the ultimate will happen again after the hero dies. I think that's about it... I pretty much have everything else down from the art to the effect to the buff and expiration time of the spawned units... It's just those things I mentioned that seem to rebel against working properly... Thanks a lot in advance and if there are somethings that I mentioned that cannot be done without massive trigger working or just plain can't be done at all, please tell me cause I do have a back-up spell in mind which I think could be done by myself (Heh, a spell that's easy enough for me to do alone is one easy spell since I'm not that good at working with spells let alone triggers...) I don't have a preference if this skill needs to be worked entirely by triggers or JASS, but if it does then I think I'll need a step by step tutorial on how to do it with triggers or JASS... Thanks again, sorry if any of this doesn't make sense (If it doesn't please tell me and I'll clarify), and umm... Keep up the good work... Sorry to be such a burden...

Edit: Oh sorry but I forgot to include this but if there was a spell similar to this requested or helped on, please tell me because I don't want to be a burden and I really didn't mean on posting a spell that had been helped on or request just recently... Thanks...

Level 11
Eusira... I think Extreme meant that he wants a spell which increases the damage not by 50% but instead by +50. Use my Light Aura to notice how I did and instead of using the Vision increase skill, use Orb of Fire. JASS is usually a pain in the ass for those who don't understand this so this is made in triggers so there should be no problem for you.

Esperman... I for one never saw other requests close to this one so here it goes my solution. You base the spell off whatever... Let's say... Evasion. Make it ultimate, one level, give it 0% chance to evade and all these stuff. Once you are done do the following stuff:

Trigger
Event - An unit Dies
Conditions - Dying unit has level of ability YourAbility greater than 0
Actions - Set p = Position of (Dying Unit)
- Wait 5.00 seconds
- Create 6 Your_Scorpion_Minions for owner of (Triggering Unit) at p facing 0.00

So you basically use no spawning junk or stuff like that. Hopefully this works. I work rarely with triggers now and that is why I am addicted to variables. If you want, I can make this in JASS too. Just tell me if it works first...

~Daelin

Level 5
spell request

ive got this spell ive requested but no ones been able to help me make it and it is suppose to be ALL TRIGGERED.

wave tide (does damage in a line. targetable like shockwave) the special effect is the naga building death,

1 does 75 damage max range 800
2 does 125 damage max range 800
3 does 225 damage max range 800

Level 2
Thanks... Oh BTW, it might be a while before I can check if my ability works because the cpu that has TFT on it is at my college and I'm at home at the moment and I don't go back for a while so sorry about that and I also want to mention that my custom hero and the ability that I mentioned earlier are on an altered melee map but the only thing altered is that I just added my custom hero to it which only makes it available to be bought at a tavern... Just want to mention that if that might affect any trigger usage or anything and if JASS is really complicated then please don't go through the burden of showing me my ability through JASS... I just wanted to see the easiest way that I could work my ability and I don't know much about JASS so I just brought it up to see if that might have been easier to use than triggers (Well I just found out that it isn't so please don't go through the trouble of putting any more burdensome work on your back...) Thanks a lot again and once I get on my cpu with TFT, I'll be sure to see if I can get the ability to work using your suggestions. Thanks again and sorry for any inconveniences...

Level 3
Geomancer spell

Could anyone tell me how to or make me these spells : Gravity Reverse - Lift up target for X dmg and stun for X seconds... And how to do the Epicenter spell from DotA that the Sand King uses... (multiple quakes that do X dmg each pulse, # of pulses raises with lvl, slows ppl in it, but i want it to be an area target) Thanks.

Level 11
For the first one base the spell off Storm BOlt (or something similar) and make a trigger which increase the unit's flying height and a slow rate and then back down at a high rate. When it is down cast storm bolt for good with a dummy unit.

For the second one... I didn't play so... Be more specific.

Level 3
What i mean by the second one is a targeted area spell that causes the earthquake animation, each one counting as 1 'pulse' of the epicenter of a quake. Each pulse deals X dmg, and each pulse takes lets say 1 second? While in the 'epicenter', units are slowed.

Also, I know how to make a dummy unit gain the abiity storm bolt (Add Ability...) How can I make a non-flying unit fly? And how do I raise/lower the fliying height?

Status
Not open for further replies.