1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell workshop

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by RaZoR, Jul 30, 2004.

1. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
    here u can post your spell ideas or spell requests for your map

Rules:

1. Everyone may post his spell ideas

2. Eveyone may make the suggested spells

3. Normal forum rules

4. When so. decide to make one of the spells, please post sth. like "ok, i will make spell x", because then no spell will be done twice

2. leissaK

leissaK

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a spell in Final Fantsy Tactics that would be cool to be made.

I forgot the name, but this is what it does:
    It picks a random unit in the battlefield, and instantly kills it, no matter who it is, allie or enemy. Make the casting time a bit long and add some cool effects to it and it would make a more-than-decent spell.

One more idea:
    Name: Fissure
    Make it off shockwave spell, and have it do dmg/per second with a thunder clap effect on it so the units cant move. That would make a killer spell.

3. †es†amen†

†es†amen†

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey razor, I was wonderin if u could do those spells for me... take ur time.

1st Spell : Galaxian Explosion.
    A small aoe spell with high impact damage, needs a model of blowin planets and stuff..

2nd spell : Dimensional Rift.
    Teleports a target enemy unit to another dimension makin him useless for 5 seconds.. then come back with 100 less hp... *he doesn't regenerate jp/mana in the other dimension, disappears from the map, returns with the same items/cooldowns... Also make a trigger for noobs who think it's a bug: "Player name has been sent to another dimension and will be back in 5 seconds." with a countdown timer on the screen* and when the target is back..the terrain moves like in earthquake. needs a model of moving planets and dimensions or use black hole(available on the site)...

3rd spell : Mind confusion.
    makes a target enemy unit walk like a random critter, use spells on other targets(if possible) to a short period of time.

4th spell : sickness.
    targets falls asleep if left alone or got too many fast commands.... (is dispellable) and slows spell cooldowns.

5th : Psychic Heal.
    caster is channelin a spell ... has a light around him and starts healin units in an area of effect dependin on a percentage of their initial hp...

thx in advance

4. TTFTCUTS

TTFTCUTS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I might be able to help with making some of the spells... Although i am a newcomer to JASS, i have substatial experience with the normal GUI triggers and making custom spells (although i haven't upladed any of them here yet...)

5. †es†amen†

†es†amen†

Resources:
    Resources:
    Requesting. This spell is super hard... it's a special feature for 3 distinct heroes.. when they combine in a triangle form(very near) they can cast all their ultimates combined in one, the most powerfull ultimate called "Athena exclamation". while channeling the 3 heroes take 4 times normal damage from spells... the animation should be a huge light goin through the targeted enemy.. it should be like shockwave as well(pass by the targeted unit hitting the ones behind it/in front of it) casters should lose all their mana after the attack and their life is equal to 10% if it ain't already of the initial hp base. Channenling is equal to 4 seconds with banshee possession model. Can u do it ?

6. Tiki

Tiki

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Want these done in jass.

Wristblade - Hero hits a unit for x damage, and throws the unit in the air, when the unit lands it is stunned for x seconds.

Speargun
    - Throws a spear at a targeted enemy dealing damage, and has a x chance to travel through and hit others behind em.

Disc - Throws a disc dealing like a boomerang, the disc flys in a half circle radius and everyone within disc range is hurt by x damage, the disc returns to the hero.

Each spell has 4 levels, spell 1 could maybe be based off of stormbolt at close range, and spell 2 can be used like stormbolt aswell, I dont know wut spell 3 can be, but use spellbreaker missile.

7. The_Raven

The_Raven

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Tiki

Already commented on these in your original post.

@†es†amen†

I can do your spell, but it will take a while. I am already working on several spells.

~The_Raven

8. Tiki

Tiki

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    New spells forget my last post.

Speargun - Throws a spear at a targeted enemy dealing damage, and has a x chance to travel through and hit others behind em.

Disc - Throws a disc dealing like a boomerang, the disc flys in a half circle radius and everyone within disc range is hurt by x damage, the disc returns to the hero.

Netgun - Hero throws net dealing x damage, and when the unit is hit he gets thrown back x radius and is ensnared for x seconds.

9. Appocalypse_shadows

Appocalypse_shadows

Resources:
    Resources:
    for fissure, sry to be mean, if i am, simply use a dummy spell caster to affect the units as they are impacted by the spell, using unit group-units within xxx dist from caster and xxx angle from caster i believe, but not sure.

For the first 1 you should simply use a trigger like this

EVENTS
    +A unit starts the effect of an ability
    CONDITIONS
    +(Ability being cast)is spellx equal to true
    ACTIONS
    +Unit - kill random unit in unit group- units within xdistance of position of casting unit.

Quite simple really.

10. leissaK

leissaK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your help bro.

11. BLX

BLX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if anyone has tried to make a flaming sword spell?

12. The_Raven

The_Raven

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Describe the spell. Do you just mean a spell that increases damage and deals fire damage over time?

~The_Raven

13. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm back from vacation and will start with leissaK's spells if yet necessary

@The_Raven: do u make testament's spells or not? if so, i will leave them out

EDIT: @ BLX i made one time one. the sword of the hero became a firy one, he had a passive chance to stun/curse/make x extra damage. unfortunately, i lost this spell 1/4 year ago when my comp crashed

14. The_Raven

The_Raven

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Made Athena's Exclamation, but that's it.

~The_Raven

15. DracoLord

DracoLord

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's been a while since I've played FFT, but I would think you mean Roulette.

Anwyay, I'm new here, and have just stopped by to say hi; and share a few ideas.

Signal Flare:
    The user fires a flare-gun into the air, releasing a red, phosphorous sprite. In 10 seconds, a Goblin Airship appears, dropping 5 Allied Infantry units at the location. You may now use these units as normal.

Bounty Aura:
    The Hero's desire for gold and riches has provided them with an innate ability to increase the gold received after slaying a creep.

[Level 1] - Double Gold
    [Level 2] - Triple Gold
    [Level 3] - Quadruple Gold

Swift Aura:
    All Allied units in close proximity to the Hero will benefit from improved movement speed, attack speed and evasion.

[Level 1] - 5% Attack, 10% Movement, 10% Evasion
    [Level 2] - 10% Attack, 15% Movement, 10% Evasion
    [Level 3] - 15% Attack, 20% Movement, 15% Evasion

Nothing special, just some random thoughts. Hope it sparks somebody's creativity. :)

16. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi, welcome in this forum

i think swift aura is already done by vexorian, the others i could do

17. Formula1

Formula1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pump up

How it works- When spell is activated the user is given x amount of time to click on the unit. Depending on how many times the unit is clicked the unit will gain that much damage over a 30 second period

-note- if possible add in a speed upgrade

Level 1
    Time for clicking- 5 sec
    Damage per click- 1
    Duration- 15
    Cooldown- 30

Level 2
    Time for clicking- 5 sec
    Damage per click- 2
    Duration- 15 sec
    Cooldown- 30 sec

Level 3
    Time for clicking- 10 sec
    Damage per click- 3
    Duration- 30 sec
    Cooldown- 60

This could potentially be a hard spell but good for most brute force warriors

18. Cronanius

Cronanius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Here's a tough one.
    Black Hole (or whatever u wanna call it)

Hero Ability - Ward

Basically, a ward gets placed, and sucks units towards it. The catch? The units have their regular animations working. So if an allied unit entered the AoE, (enemy units only) it could still 'fight' with the enemy unit getting sucked back. The enemy could still attack and walk, it would 'do' those actions, only, all the while it would get sucked back towards the ward, getting damaged all the while. Try to do this and make it look nice and smooth. Have fun :)

19. The_Raven

The_Raven

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I made a Black Hole spell. However, the units don't have their regular animation. I focused more on moving the units in a spiral than on hiding the hole.

~The_Raven

20. Cronanius

Cronanius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The animation and normalities is the part that makes it fun. Even I could make a simple black hole spell with a little patience.