• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Syncing the portrait with the unit responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I've made some custom animations for the chimera portait with it talking so that it could fit with our custom unit responses for it. The problem is that I can't make it that when this specific voice is played, portrait talk 1 is played and when the other specific voice is played, portrait talk 2 is played. (just like for the ogres.)

Is there something I should do to sync the portrait animations with the unit responses?

BTW, the unit responses I replaced are the unit responses of the ogres and I just extracted the chimera portrait to make the talking animations.

Level 22
You could try to use animation tags.

Instead of "Portrait Talk - 1" and "Portrait Talk - 2", rename sequences as "Portrait Talk One" and "Portrait Talk Two".

Then use trigger "add/remove animation tag to unit" to select the animation you want ("One" or "Two").

I'm not sure it will work for portrait though.

Level 23
The Ogre portrait animations don't actually synch, as far as I'm aware. The variations just play randomly and hope for the best.

Theoretically, if you only had one talk sequence and all the sound samples changed voice at the same time as that single talk sequence changed head... (Or single-voice clips ended early enough...)

Potrait animation are actualy synch with the speech.
There's a file in mpq called Portraitanim.slk
You can see that Ogre and MortarTeam have different AnimIndice setting than other units.I think it's the anim indice required to match the sound playing.

Attachments

• screenportraitslk.jpg
    screenportraitslk.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 128
I think it's the animation sequence index.And you'll need to edit the UnitAcksound.slk file as well.
Ogre Stand portrait (not talking) being 0, Talk left being 1 and talk right being 2.

The anim indices of "Ogre yes" is 2,1,2,1
It match the order files name in Unitacksound.slk "OgreYes1.wav,OgreYes2.wav,OgreYes3.wav,OgreYes4.wav"
2 being assigned to Yes1 and Yes3 where the right head talk.
1 being assigned to Yes2 and Yes4 where the left head talk.

It cannot switch animation during a single speech sound.That's why the animation doesn't match when both heads are talking in a single sound file, mostly OgrePissed.

Also if you're gonna edit these file and import your custom slk be sure to edit the ones from War3Patch.mpq or else sound from patch will be missing like Tinker,Flamelord sound file.

Attachments

• UnitAckslfscreen.jpg
    UnitAckslfscreen.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.