• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portrait Model Vanishes when not talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I have recently bumped into a problem so large it has its own parking and valet.

During the re-animation of a model, I felt that not making a talk animation on this model would be rather silly-pocks, HOWEVER when I added both the new "portrait" and "portrait talk" this happened...

As I was testing the model in the editor and in-game, I discovered that the "Portrait" animation either doesn't play, or makes the model vanish, or does something else entirely. The only time the model shows in the portrait window is when its talking.

What could be the root problem of this?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=8pb4fl

Extra Credit: What do you use to reduce the file-size of your BLPs?

Level 21
So apparently there's a problem with the model's extents. In Magos, Edit > Calculate Extents should do the trick.

And to reduce the size of BLPs, BLP Lab has the capability to reduce JPEG quality of BLP files (slightly lowering quality while drastically reducing file size).

Status
Not open for further replies.