• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death animation playing in portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
So, let me say this before anything else.

I don't use actual portraits, I just slap a camera on a model and try to obscure the face/mouth.

Now, this has worked for quite a few models now, but for some reason the with the most recent ones the death animation plays in the little portrait window when the unit talks, or just at random.

Doesn't happen for the in-game unit though, which is good.

Any idea why this is happening?

Level 60
So, let me say this before anything else.

I don't use actual portraits, I just slap a camera on a model and try to obscure the face/mouth.

Now, this has worked for quite a few models now, but for some reason the with the most recent ones the death animation plays in the little portrait window when the unit talks, or just at random.

Doesn't happen for the in-game unit though, which is good.

Any idea why this is happening?

What is the voice sound set that the your unit uses? Is it the Mortar Team or the Two Head Ogre sound set?

Level 65
Yep, didn't change it unfortunately.

However, I did end up finding a work-around.

Specifically by making another animation identical to the 'stand - 1' animation but titling it 'portrait - talk'

After a few weeks of polishing up my animating skills I might be able to make him move his mouth in a vaguely human way, rather than a bleak dead-eyed stare.

Thanks for the advice though, good sir! +rep

Level 60
Yep, didn't change it unfortunately.

However, I did end up finding a work-around.

Specifically by making another animation identical to the 'stand - 1' animation but titling it 'portrait - talk'

After a few weeks of polishing up my animating skills I might be able to make him move his mouth in a vaguely human way, rather than a bleak dead-eyed stare.

Thanks for the advice though, good sir! +rep

If people are wondering why asked about the soundset, some like the Mortar Team's and Two-Headed Ogre's have some "complications". For example, the old Dwarf portrait talk animation will always play when the old voice is played while the big Dwarf portrait talk animation will always play when the big voice is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.