• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Symphony ORPG Rise Of the Ancients [Return]

Should i make people Suggest their own guilds? and get 3 and post every ver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

We are very sorry that we did not explain that to you hahahaha :goblin_good_job:
So here is the story me and legendary or (ancient) was planning to make a game
named symphony so we made the map of course then after 5 months or 6 we got bored and stopped for about 1 year After that We remembered that we have to finish it SO that's why he made a new account named legendary which is what he is using right now. So that's why In the thread did you notice the name Return in here [ORPG]Symphony ORPG Rise Of the Ancients "[Return]"? So yeah thats the history lololol :goblin_good_job: Hope you understand and we are very sorry :vw_sad:

Last edited:
Level 13
Hi guys i just want to update you that we have a problem we will delay the beta test because of a member quitting the team im so sorry but we will need to do that

Level 13
Me and My Friend talked about spells and we want you to help us suggest a spell for this work we will be pleased if you do that thanks :D

Level 13
But yes we will have to make it to april 8 :) thank you for supporting our project :grin: we will make this project the one you will never forget

Level 13
Thanks for supporting our project :grin: all of our team members are so thankful you voted to us in the project spotlight it is an honor to be one of the famous projects here in hive, yes i know i don't really care for spotlight i just want your satisfaction for this game i wish you will experience a great orpg what we call ROTA

-see you in the beta testing i hope it will turn good :)

Level 13
Anyway here is the alpha version of the game i called it alpha because there aren't any to show off just yet there many bugs i can't find out :) please give me a feedback after playing :D i will post the map after a few minutes and sorry for the mess its a alpha you know :grin:

Level 5
Ok excellent ORPG so far, great gameplay and a very nice friendly user-interface.

I did find some typos within the first few minutes of gameplay.

That would be for the first Quest 'The Report' it says 15 gold will be awarded when completed and it is 25.

Suggestions:

Also I would like to suggest you add some informantion for what quest points do/what they are used for etc. in the quest menu.

Could you add where you need to go to level up for each job class. Like which city/area for each class. Add the informantion just in quest menu under 'Jobs'.

The spawn time for creeps is too fast, when I end up fighting a group I seem to never be able to kill them all and leave the area without any alive. I would suggest increasing the time, or having it where they can't spawn untill you leave the area, then the timer for them to spawn starts.

It's really hard to see when going out from the town you first start at, the trees are so big I can't really tell whats going on in some areas. Maybe decrease the amount of big trees or decrease their scale value.

Common Bugs:

At the beginging when selecting your hero, you can't select the 'Warder' because you can't move the screen down to select him.

For some reason I have -8.4 armor decrease and it hasn't gone away after I noticed it for about 15 min. And I do not have any negative buffs registering on my hero. It might be from a enemey casted a spell and it never went away but I don't know.

Imbalanced Issues:

For the character class 'Wind Shooter' her volley spell has no mana cost and you can constantly spam it. Which is pretty imbalanced if I do say so myself. :D But I do know this is just the alpha stage so no hard feelings! :p

I noticed that items are stackable, I would suggest down the future fixing this. Which I'm sure you have planned!

Bugged Items:

Bandit Bucklet: Required level 10, Warrior Class Only, works with archer. Works at level 7. (possibly lower)

Bugged Spells:

The 'Rangers Call' ability on the 'Wind Shooter' has no effects when leveling the ability the 2nd level. The 3rd level it has 550 health and damage: 18 armor: 2. And its description is wrong.

Quest Bugs:

For the kill 15 bandit quest called 'Scout' from the quest master; I know I've killed over 50 bandits and it never register as completed...

I will be updating this post quite freaknly when I have the time to play!

Last edited:
Level 13
Ok excellent ORPG so far, great gameplay and a very nice friendly user-interface.

I did find some typos within the first few minutes of gameplay.

That would be for the first Quest 'The Report' it says 15 gold will be awarded when completed and it is 25.

Suggestions:

Also I would like to suggest you add some informantion for what quest points do/what they are used for etc. in the quest menu. Same thing for informantion about jobs and how their level system works. Now I do know you have characters in-game explain all this, but I would like to be able to check again incase I forgot something and you could add where you need to go to level up. Like which city/area for example; adding all this in the quest menu section.

Common Bugs:

At the beginging when selecting your hero, you can't select the 'Warder' because you can't move the screen down to select him.

Imbalanced Issues:

For the character class 'Wind Shooter' her volley spell has no mana cost and you can constantly spam it. Which is pretty imbalanced if I do say so myself. :D But I do know this is just the alpha stage so no hard feelings! :p

Bugged Items:

Bandit Bucklet: Required level 10, works at level 7. (possibly lower)

Bugged Spells:

The 'Rangers Call' ability on the 'Wind Shooter' has no effects when leveling the ability the 2nd level. The 3rd level it has 550 health and damage: 18 armor: 2. And its description is wrong.

I will be updating this post quite freaknly when I have the time to play!
Okay anyway the bugged items well we haven't make any item restriction :)

Level 13
Hi guys this is the screenshots of me and hell_master when we where killing bosses

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_040813_140414_03.tga
    3 MB · Views: 49
  • WC3ScrnShot_040813_140039_02.tga
    3 MB · Views: 52
Level 10
Okay I just started, so look back at this comment in about a week, and I will give you a proper detail about the game, and bugs stuff like that.

Suggestions:
- One thing that comes out to me straight away is the UI, I don't think it really suits the game, since it seems a bit futuristic in a sence with the red. I think the normal UI would suit it much better.
- Another suggestion is to make the selection at the start not rotate, I found it quite annoying to try select a hero if it moved off the screen. I do like the way you select your character though.

Level 13
Lol I'm wondering how to get inside of the City near the Kalion City? Is it? XD

well its not really allowed but you can destroy the gate if you want

Okay I just started, so look back at this comment in about a week, and I will give you a proper detail about the game, and bugs stuff like that.

Suggestions:
- One thing that comes out to me straight away is the UI, I don't think it really suits the game, since it seems a bit futuristic in a sence with the red. I think the normal UI would suit it much better.
- Another suggestion is to make the selection at the start not rotate, I found it quite annoying to try select a hero if it moved off the screen. I do like the way you select your character though.

okay thanks for the suggestions cromox :) and i am creating my own ui that's why i put that in there its just an example, give me time to make my own ui

Level 30
Well, after we played together, I've played by my own and now I am Level 15 Defender and still playing and grinding. But now, I would like to give a proper review to this:

Story/Gameplay:
I cant see exactly the story in the game. Yes, there is a story but it is not noticeable in-game due to quests being incomplete. But this is an ALPHA test so I rate this... 25/30! Well, some quests are still playable.

Terrain:
The terrain is pretty good and your team has done a great job. But still I noticed some area flat and also somewhat empty. I cant seem to pinpoint it but one of the flat terrain is the Desert. Also, it ruins player's sight of the environent because of the big trees sorrounding you. I suggest making visibilities of trees go down when near on it.... and I hope, you'll find an answer to this! I rate this.... 8/10!

Triggers:
The game has cool and awesome spells and I can only say that your triggerer did make a good job on making the spells for the heroes though they are incomplete. But as I have said when we play together, quests are still incomplete, for example the Bandits, and the Wildkin.... this is what I have found so far because I dont do accept quests that much and I do concentrate on slaying enemies for large amount of XP. I rate this... 6/10!

Overall: 39/50 = 3.9/5 = 4/5

My Comments?
I suggest in ALPHA Test 2 is that you finish most of the quests in-game. Spells for hero can wait! Quest and storyline is what Im looking for in the next ALPHA Test so I can get and insight what is the game. +2 REP for the awesome and Im waiting for ALPHA Test 2!

Level 20
Played this map, here is my review:

First of all I would like to mention that I'm not a professional reviewer, these are roughly my first impressions and I'm mentioning only the bad things that I don't like and that IMO need to be improved.

Backpack System:
Are you using my simple backpack system? because it really looks like the one I uploaded on hive, if so please add me in Credits, thank you!

Also I would like to point out that the system has a bug which unfortunately I couldn't come up with a way to fix, when you acquire an item and you use the backpack ability it saves it into a hashtable and later restores it, if you drop the saved item and use the backpack ability it will give it back to you again.

Selection Screen:
[+] You can read the ability tooltips of heroes before choosing them.
[-] Screen rotates and sometimes some of the classes are off the screen and you have to wait for the camera to rotate more to select those classes.

Equipment System:
  • Limit 1 Weapon/Armor/Shield for each player
  • Class Only Items (this one needs fix, see pic below)
SymphonyORPG1.jpg

Mage Class:
  • Says in tooltip that mana cost is 200 but it actually is 120
  • Says hotkey is Q but it's not
  • Says hotkey is Q but it's in the X1 Y2 position although it should have been in the X0 Y2
SymphonyORPG2.jpg

Does not have a proper description:
  • Mention Damage Done
  • Mention Cooldown
  • Mention Range
  • Mention Hotkey
SymphonyORPG3.jpg

Does not have a proper Learn Ability description:
  • Mention Damage Dealt upgrades per level
  • Mention Mana Cost differences per level
  • Icon should have been on X1 Y0 position
SymphonyORPG4.jpg

• Hotkey is E so it should be X2 Y2 position
  • Frost Bolt at level 2 & 3 deals 0 damage and stuns for 0 seconds
SymphonyORPG5.jpg

• Needs a proper tooltip
  • Needs DISBTN version of the icon.
  • Learn Ability position should change to X2 Y0
SymphonyORPG6.jpg

• Trees sometimes block your vision
  • No fee for revive, just a free revive? you could do smth like lose 10% of your gold
  • Mage seems to be a bit balanced at first but when you evolve\upgrade to Blood Mage the Double Stun + Life Drain is just too good!

Status
Not open for further replies.