• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Symphony ORPG Rise Of the Ancients [Return]

Should i make people Suggest their own guilds? and get 3 and post every ver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Played this map, here is my review:

First of all I would like to mention that I'm not a professional reviewer, these are roughly my first impressions and I'm mentioning only the bad things that I don't like and that IMO need to be improved.

Backpack System:
Are you using my simple backpack system? because it really looks like the one I uploaded on hive, if so please add me in Credits, thank you!

Also I would like to point out that the system has a bug which unfortunately I couldn't come up with a way to fix, when you acquire an item and you use the backpack ability it saves it into a hashtable and later restores it, if you drop the saved item and use the backpack ability it will give it back to you again.

Selection Screen:
[+] You can read the ability tooltips of heroes before choosing them.
[-] Screen rotates and sometimes some of the classes are off the screen and you have to wait for the camera to rotate more to select those classes.

Equipment System:
  • Limit 1 Weapon/Armor/Shield for each player
  • Class Only Items (this one needs fix, see pic below)
SymphonyORPG1.jpg

Mage Class:
  • Says in tooltip that mana cost is 200 but it actually is 120
  • Says hotkey is Q but it's not
  • Says hotkey is Q but it's in the X1 Y2 position although it should have been in the X0 Y2
SymphonyORPG2.jpg

Does not have a proper description:
  • Mention Damage Done
  • Mention Cooldown
  • Mention Range
  • Mention Hotkey
SymphonyORPG3.jpg

Does not have a proper Learn Ability description:
  • Mention Damage Dealt upgrades per level
  • Mention Mana Cost differences per level
  • Icon should have been on X1 Y0 position
SymphonyORPG4.jpg

• Hotkey is E so it should be X2 Y2 position
  • Frost Bolt at level 2 & 3 deals 0 damage and stuns for 0 seconds
SymphonyORPG5.jpg

• Needs a proper tooltip
  • Needs DISBTN version of the icon.
  • Learn Ability position should change to X2 Y0
SymphonyORPG6.jpg

• Trees sometimes block your vision
  • No fee for revive, just a free revive? you could do smth like lose 10% of your gold
  • Mage seems to be a bit balanced at first but when you evolve\upgrade to Blood Mage the Double Stun + Life Drain is just too good!

Backpack system
I think i did and i forgot to put your name on the credits list

Selection screen
I am look for a good selection system so please be patient

Equipment system
Yes i already am aware of that because i forgot to tell you that the item restriction of Doomlord will be used for Alpha test 2

Skyfall Ability
Hmm yes yes thank you, and i seriously duno how to put it to x0 y2

Firebolt
Haha, i will fix it right now

Learn firebolt
Hmm okay thank you i need to do that to

Frost Bolt
Well yes but its only the placement i can fix that thank you

Learn Frost Bolt
Lawl same but thanks for noticing :)

And lastly i would like to know if you know how to put a system that if i come near a tree the visibility of the tree comes down

Revives should i really do that?

THank you :)

Level 6
Putting an Ability in a desired position is easy... the X0 and Y0 you mean?

It is in the object editor

Art - Button Position - Normal - for X

Art - Button Position - Normal - for Y

x,y

(0,0) (1,0) (2,0) (3,0)
(0,1) (1,1) (2,1) (3,1)
(0,2) (1,2) (2,2) (3,2)

For Example Attack is in 3,0

Your starfall just like xor says it must be in the (0,2)

Last edited:
Level 13

x,y

(0,0) (1,0) (2,0) (3,0)
(0,1) (1,1) (2,1) (3,1)
(0,2) (1,2) (2,2) (3,1)

Haha tahnks neo ! :grin:

Level 20
And lastly i would like to know if you know how to put a system that if i come near a tree the visibility of the tree comes down

Revives should i really do that?
Well I'm not sure if you can do that with trees =/

Free revive sounds too good to me lol :D

x,y

(0,0) (1,0) (2,0) (3,0)
(0,1) (1,1) (2,1) (3,1)
(0,2) (1,2) (2,2) (3,2)

Exactly! IMO you should save the
(0,0) (1,0) (2,0) (3,0)
(0,1) (1,1) (2,1) (3,1)
(0,2) (1,2) (2,2) (3,2)
It always comes in handy;)

Level 4
I've played your map and I hve some suggestion.
First, I think you should help us locate the place where to kill some target units. (I'm annoyed that I can't locate them and killed by some high level creeps.)
Second, I think you should tell us when (may I say which level?) to do some quest, or turn off the quest before the hero reach the requied level.
Sorry for spelling mistake and wrong gramma.^^

Level 13
I've played your map and I hve some suggestion.
First, I think you should help us locate the place where to kill some target units. (I'm annoyed that I can't locate them and killed by some high level creeps.)
Second, I think you should tell us when (may I say which level?) to do some quest, or turn off the quest before the hero reach the requied level.
Sorry for spelling mistake and wrong gramma.^^

Ow hahah thank you, i will update it right now :) :grin:

Level 10
@legendary if you don't already, you should get garena and make a group on it for your ORPG, because then everyone can get the full experience with multiplayer, because some people (like myself) will have to play by themself or only have one friend, and that isn't as fun as say 4 and up.

Just a suggestion, can help with better balancing of the game too, with groups

Level 13
@legendary if you don't already, you should get garena and make a group on it for your ORPG, because then everyone can get the full experience with multiplayer, because some people (like myself) will have to play by themself or only have one friend, and that isn't as fun as say 4 and up.

Just a suggestion, can help with better balancing of the game too, with groups

Thank you CromoX :) there is an exisiting one add me glan456

Level 13
Is it updated now? XD
I hope it can be a wonderful map as I love your map.^^
Well, the 121st REP is added to you~

Yes but like i said i dunno what date should the post the v0.02 Alpha

[TD]
Updates
Some Features to add in the game
Buying Abilites
Modified Quests
Locker Rooms
Dungeons
Item Drops
Boss Systems
More Items
Cool Spells
[ New Village ] Hymdor - For hundreds of years, this quarry was abandoned by miners, for spiders swarmed into it day and night.Just recently, a group of adventurers entered it and never came to see the light of day.

[/TD]

Last edited:
Level 6
Progress?

P.s i've downloaded a version of this map, which is not available atm.. Is it playable?
[haven't fully tested it yet] !

Level 13
Progress?

P.s i've downloaded a version of this map, which is not available atm.. Is it playable?
[haven't fully tested it yet] !

Yes it is playable hmmmm i can't really tell you when will the alpha test 2 will be release hmmmm i will do the best i can but can you tell me what are you expecting on the 2nd alpha test? what features do you want me to enable? not all ofcourse haha

Level 13
New Screenshots sorry for the late updates lawl im seriously sorry im quite busy making the spell buying abilities and it didn't work out so well
[TD]
Update Screenshots:
206543-albums5871-picture68399.png

206543-albums5871-picture68400.png
[/TD]

Level 3
Was waiting for the map, finally released. Trying to downland and *BAM* page not found, the link is broken...

Level 12
I've got to say, I'm pretty impressed with the screenshots, and the concept. Btw, do you still need suggestions for the skills of your characters? If yes, here are some possible things you could use:

Berserker -> Ravage, Clown -> Ace of Spades, Rogue -> Poison Kiss, Collector -> Pay Day

Btw, subscribed. Good luck, and I'll see to it if I can help in any way I can.

Level 13
For the Alpha .002 what do you want? what should i do with it should i enable the skills for 2nd class? well its pretty hard if i will :) i need more skills anyway i am having a hard time with my ability buying system if you want to help me please just send me a message

Edit
what do you mean it doesn't and they can like toggle normal camera mode :)

Level 13
I've got to say, I'm pretty impressed with the screenshots, and the concept. Btw, do you still need suggestions for the skills of your characters? If yes, here are some possible things you could use:

Berserker -> Ravage, Clown -> Ace of Spades, Rogue -> Poison Kiss, Collector -> Pay Day

Btw, subscribed. Good luck, and I'll see to it if I can help in any way I can.

Level 2
Regarding classes

the 3 jobs lvl 10,30,40 you stated means that if I am for example a thief i would turn into a rogue in level 10 then assasin in 30 then a collector at 40 or you get to choose the 4 classes in level 10 specifically rogue,assasin,collector and swindler?:vw_wtf:

Level 13
Yeah ow and sorry for the long wait hehe im having my vacation or short break or long one but yeah everytime you rank up your level will go back to 1 and ow ofc being a hunter is one of the best :)

Level 13
does this map is available? I can't download it.

Page not found - 404

The requested page was not found.
Back to THW

Well its deleted already im sorry but we will be back by months i think i can't handle this big project my self :D im going to try to update it so i can give you the latest one im sorry :thumbs_up:

Level 13
Yo Guys this is a weird version and a weird update because i haven't checked ow and don't try to load it will ruin your character nor save it :D so anyway this is for the first job thanks :D ow some bosses have skills and some are pretty imbalanced :thumbs_up: so anyway here it the update that you will not even consider good im kidding :grin: Tell me what you think and what are my mistakes maybe i can update and put more skills to the 2nd job :D Bye bye
[TD]
[/TD]

Status
Not open for further replies.