• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swordmaster

Level 19
Swordmaster

Introduction:
The Darkblood Swordmasters are the favored warriors of the Witch Queen Sylia Silverwind, and are given the sacred task of not only serving as her personal bodyguard, but as her heartless enforcers on the field of battle. Those who would become a Swordmaster are taken from birth from their mothers. A Swordmaster has no family ties to distract them, they are children of hatred and war and are raised from infancy steeped in battle and blood. Each Swordmaster has personally sworn an oath of undying devotion at the feet of the Witch Queen, it is this oath that lights the fires of hatred and scorn deep in their hearts, for no warrior can be greater then the one chosen by Sylia herself.

Living a life of constant battle the Swordmasters are psychologically incapable of believing anyone can defeat them, and they take a personal grievance against any foe who stands under their brutal assault. These elite warriors do not let this hatred consume them, instead they embrace and focus their rage, allowing them to lash out with even greater force against their foes. A Swordmaster is resolute in their duty unyielding to any force be it physical or arcane. It is for this reason that even the most powerful of assaults will always break against the glaives of hatred that each Swordmaster wields.

159948904c432c0694c295d79a71d8c33538c375.jpg

Hatred
Following the path of Hatred means mastering ones rage and molding it into a powerful weapon. The Swordmasters who embrace this are capable of unleashing powerful attacks fueled by their Hatred. Attacks done by Swordmasters embracing this power will generate additional Hatred that can be used for various magical attacks but will also passively increase the Swordmaster's attack speed and chance to parry by up to a maximum of 15% of both.

Playing as a Swordmaster:
A Swordmaster generally considers the best defense to be a good offense and will always be found on the front line leading the charge. A Swordmaster will relentlessly assault his or her desired opponent, and will slowly become enraged should that opponent have the audacity not to die with the first swing of their glaive. Properly harnessing the hatred that flows from their scorn of others is the key to winning any battle, allowing them to wear down their opponents under an unyielding and unending assault that grows stronger with every passing second.

Playing against a Swordmaster:
The only way to truly defeat a Swordmaster is to utterly and completely crush them as fast as possible. For the longer a Swordmaster survives the more enraged they will become. This hatred is their greatest advantage for the burning hate not only strengthens their assault but allows them to brush off even powerful arcane magics. Unlike many heavy fighters the Swordmaster is very capable of holding their own against the Arcane forces of a mage in a prolonged fight.

Preview:
<Comming Soon>

Abilities:

Deflect
btndeflect.jpg

Cooldown: 8.00 seconds
Cast: instant
Range: -
Cost: 25 Energy
Description: Increases the Swordmaster's chance to parry by 65% for 4 seconds. Every parried attack will generate 15 additional hatred as long as the Swordmaster is under the effect of Deflect. (2 charges)
Black Horror
btnblackhorror.jpg

Cooldown: 15.00 seconds
Range: 400 Range
Cost: 35 Energy and 25 Hatred
Description: Summons a Black Horror that comes out of the Swordmaster and enters the target's body; dealing Agi*3.3 shadow damage over 9 seconds. Whenever the target takes a hit of atleast 15% of it's maximum hit points the Black Horror will get destroyed; dealing Agi*1.4 shadow damage to the target and nearby enemies but removing the damage over time effect.
Counterswing
btncounterswing.jpg

Cooldown: 2.00 seconds
Range: 250 Radius
Cost: 30 Energy and 10 Hatred
Description: Deals Agi*1.8 damage to every nearby unit and reduces their attackspeed by 35% for 4 seconds. This ability is only useable within 2 seconds after a succesful parry. This attack causes double the amount of threat.
The abilities above are just a part of the hero's abilities and might change as well.

Last edited:
Level 8
And wairglaves are what? If i'm correct they can be classified as w/e we want and classifying them as swords makes sense too.

Level 19
Why not Stop-trying-to-rename-everything-like-you-tried-with-the-summoner...master? or is that too long?:p

Level 19
That's an option!

I like the idea about using hatred :) I'm thinking "Strike of the Fanatic" could have a silence effect for some seconds instead of int based damage? Just a suggestion, imho it suits his characteristics.

Yours,
Chizume

Yes well. I got to say that his abilities are outdated. Aspects of them are still used, but. you know what. I update 3 of them right away.

EDIT: Updated.

Level 19
Maybe I will completely change the name.
Anyways about the model. Trying to find a good skin for it. I really like the demon hunter model though. Just a lowsize skin would be a good solution.

Level 19

Thanks but no thanks.
That's a blood elf. The Dark elves in Oakwood don't look like blood elves. They're dark and that's why they use mostly night elf skins. But the Swordmaster already got an other skin, I forgot to update this picture.

At the start of this movie you will see one of the Swordmasters:

Link of the skin:
http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=34667&d=1212774264

Level 19
can't see his face... btw, the terrain so horror... +zombie... and there's WoW doodad?

You can see the face on the link I posted.
The terrain is so horror + zombie? What are you trying to say? If you took atleast a few minutes to look through the screenshots threads you should know it's not only like this.
And no I don't use any WoW imports. The doodads are just from normal warcraft III. Except for the Moria Doodads from, if I remember right, Olofmoleman.

Level 17
I believe he means "the terrain is for zombies". Makai, this is not WarCraft III. The undead don't always have to be the ones inhabiting blighted areas. However, the undead do inhabit this sort of environment with their allies (or puppets, I'd imagine) the dark elves.

Level 19
I believe he means "the terrain is for zombies". Makai, this is not WarCraft III. The undead don't always have to be the ones inhabiting blighted areas. However, the undead do inhabit this sort of environment with their allies (or puppets, I'd imagine) the dark elves.

Never mind Wolfe. He just didn't take the time to look at the terrain thread and is giving his opinion about 1 terrain already. Hate it when people speak before they actually know where they're talking about.

Level 19
Tanks dont always have to absorb damage.
This tank is based on parrying attacks and evading attacks.:--)

Level 19
Wish I could continue the project.
I would have the time for it now, but I just don't see it happening.
There are various reasons for that:

- I don't have a good coder.
- Even if I would find one, it would take him ages to understand how all the current systems cooperate within the map.
- Some of the systems seemed like a brilliant idea, and they are almost working as intented. The only problem is that they cause fps issues when played with multiple players. So the game is getting less attractive to be played in multiplayer, while that was eventually the goal of the game. Big PvE group challenges and PvP areas.

My thoughts right now:
- I've documented tons of pages with storyline, class information and already some thoughts about balancing and dungeons as well as geographical ideas and in-depth thoughts about locations and the storyline behind that.
- I'm hoping VERY STRONGLY that at blizzcon they will announce a warcraft 4 engine. If this would be the case I would swear to release this map in Warcraft 4. As I just think that it became too big to work in Warcraft 3's broken engine.

Level 28
Hey Sep! Nice to see you around. Yeah finding a good coder is really hard. That is why I usually just use simple systems that I know I can handle on my rpg.

- Some of the systems seemed like a brilliant idea, and they are almost working as intented. The only problem is that they cause fps issues when played with multiple players. So the game is getting less attractive to be played in multiplayer, while that was eventually the goal of the game. Big PvE group challenges and PvP areas.

You're probably leaking a lot of stuffs in your codes.

- I've documented tons of pages with storyline, class information and already some thoughts about balancing and dungeons as well as geographical ideas and in-depth thoughts about locations and the storyline behind that.

Do you think you can release this? If not then maybe just the storyline. At least I want to know what will happen on the game. :)

- I'm hoping VERY STRONGLY that at blizzcon they will announce a warcraft 4 engine. If this would be the case I would swear to release this map in Warcraft 4. As I just think that it became too big to work in Warcraft 3's broken engine.

I'm not a fan of modding on this engine atm because of the lack of resources but maybe you can give it a shot on Galaxy Editor? But as I said it lacks resources atm so maybe you won't be able to pull the medieval settings here.

I also heard before that Blizzard is actually gathering a small team that will update the World Editor, its been ages though.

Level 19
I really don't like the galaxy editor because its Sci-fi and all.
I want it to be a medieval game and there's not enough resources in there.

As for the storyline and all.
I'm working on a new RPG thing based on the foundations of Oakwood. It will be a world with various zones and some extra races and classes, but alot of things from Oakwood will be implemented to this.
I've documented alot of that and I'm thinking of releasing some sneak-previews of it some time, but not soon. My initial plan is to document alot and as soon as a chance pops up to create the game itself there's alot of thoughts done already and work can be done immediatelly. This chance would be a warcraft 4 or an update to the Wc3 WE.

I'm also working alot more on a good complot and storyline and want it to have multiple layers and a good structure.
But this version will have most of Oakwood's classes/functions but just in a bigger world with a different name and new storyline characters to make a more convincing story.

Level 28
As for the storyline and all.
I'm working on a new RPG thing based on the foundations of Oakwood. It will be a world with various zones and some extra races and classes, but alot of things from Oakwood will be implemented to this.

Interesting. Does this mean we can officially say that Oakwood is discontinued?

This chance would be a warcraft 4 or an update to the Wc3 WE.

Have you ever thought of giving Unity a shot? Although you'll have the same problem with galaxy editor about the limited resources that you can use.

I'm also working alot more on a good complot and storyline and want it to have multiple layers and a good structure.
But this version will have most of Oakwood's classes/functions but just in a bigger world with a different name and new storyline characters to make a more convincing story.

I love Oakwood so if you'll make a new game/mod that will still revolve around the core foundation of Oakwood then you can always expect support from me.

Good luck on everything you're planning to do with Oakwood just want to let you know that there are still people who is still loyal to this map.

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Dear Sephalo!

"ceterum censeo cartharginem..."
My old plea: If you finished the development,
maybe publish the map in his unperfect, uncompleted status?

I think, there are some long-time-interested prole of this project which would like it very much.

But sure... in times of (professional/ commercial) uncompleted publisghed games its a virtue to hold a map back for good reasons... so on the other hand i admire your long time "not-publishing"....