1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Swordmaster

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Never mind Wolfe. He just didn't take the time to look at the terrain thread and is giving his opinion about 1 terrain already. Hate it when people speak before they actually know where they're talking about.

2. Ciebron

Ciebron

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    He dont look very tanky tbh

3. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tanks dont always have to absorb damage.
    This tank is based on parrying attacks and evading attacks.:--)

4. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Updated the screenshot

5. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    He looks very swishy indeed!

6. makai

makai

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    continue this project pls! :)

7. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please stop making the loyal fans like myself cry. As much as I want to see a positive post from him it is not going to happen anytime soon.

8. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wish I could continue the project.
    I would have the time for it now, but I just don't see it happening.
    There are various reasons for that:

- I don't have a good coder.
    - Even if I would find one, it would take him ages to understand how all the current systems cooperate within the map.
    - Some of the systems seemed like a brilliant idea, and they are almost working as intented. The only problem is that they cause fps issues when played with multiple players. So the game is getting less attractive to be played in multiplayer, while that was eventually the goal of the game. Big PvE group challenges and PvP areas.

My thoughts right now:
    - I've documented tons of pages with storyline, class information and already some thoughts about balancing and dungeons as well as geographical ideas and in-depth thoughts about locations and the storyline behind that.
    - I'm hoping VERY STRONGLY that at blizzcon they will announce a warcraft 4 engine. If this would be the case I would swear to release this map in Warcraft 4. As I just think that it became too big to work in Warcraft 3's broken engine.

9. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey Sep! Nice to see you around. Yeah finding a good coder is really hard. That is why I usually just use simple systems that I know I can handle on my rpg.

You're probably leaking a lot of stuffs in your codes.

Do you think you can release this? If not then maybe just the storyline. At least I want to know what will happen on the game. :)

I'm not a fan of modding on this engine atm because of the lack of resources but maybe you can give it a shot on Galaxy Editor? But as I said it lacks resources atm so maybe you won't be able to pull the medieval settings here.

I also heard before that Blizzard is actually gathering a small team that will update the World Editor, its been ages though.

10. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really don't like the galaxy editor because its Sci-fi and all.
    I want it to be a medieval game and there's not enough resources in there.

As for the storyline and all.
    I'm working on a new RPG thing based on the foundations of Oakwood. It will be a world with various zones and some extra races and classes, but alot of things from Oakwood will be implemented to this.
    I've documented alot of that and I'm thinking of releasing some sneak-previews of it some time, but not soon. My initial plan is to document alot and as soon as a chance pops up to create the game itself there's alot of thoughts done already and work can be done immediatelly. This chance would be a warcraft 4 or an update to the Wc3 WE.

I'm also working alot more on a good complot and storyline and want it to have multiple layers and a good structure.
    But this version will have most of Oakwood's classes/functions but just in a bigger world with a different name and new storyline characters to make a more convincing story.

11. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting. Does this mean we can officially say that Oakwood is discontinued?

Have you ever thought of giving Unity a shot? Although you'll have the same problem with galaxy editor about the limited resources that you can use.

I love Oakwood so if you'll make a new game/mod that will still revolve around the core foundation of Oakwood then you can always expect support from me.

Good luck on everything you're planning to do with Oakwood just want to let you know that there are still people who is still loyal to this map.

12. Gwy

Gwy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Sephalo!

"ceterum censeo cartharginem..."
    My old plea: If you finished the development,
    maybe publish the map in his unperfect, uncompleted status?

I think, there are some long-time-interested prole of this project which would like it very much.

But sure... in times of (professional/ commercial) uncompleted publisghed games its a virtue to hold a map back for good reasons... so on the other hand i admire your long time "not-publishing"....