• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Sverkerman Presents - SvD (Satyr Vs Draenei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Another testing done.
Following balance and bug fixes will be worked on this week:

Sound effects for communication
Add companion for the satyr!
Buildings to be able to upgrade other buildings. (These buildings contains upgrades)
Apply Upgrades messages exactly timed instead of auto timed.

Spells for upgrades in the new buildings:
Scout
Blink

Satyr building upgrades:

Add gold for the Satyr when a draenei dies!
Satyr needs visibility in the middle.
Build more farms = You have built the maximum amount of towers.
Destroy Building needs to be upper right
Tome which increases damage temporarily for satyr
Temporary item which can disable towers for X seconds.
Upgrades for the wall's armor.
You hit mushrooms to get fertelizers. They increase time which plants are built at.
Income is TWICE as slow!
Sickle is named Molten Blade
More upgrades for the wall
Timer window which shows Game Time
Tips and Commands and Credits at Quests.
Reset resources when dead.
Towers only goes to level 16
Satyr Elexirs
Variation for the plants! Higher fail chance, faster growing time, etc.
Loading Screen
Starting dialoge has (30) in it

Level 9
This project looks indeed well executed. I remember you from clan Ravenholdt or something. I was friend with Balloon and some other guys from there, when I was roleplaying.

Level 14
How is the ballancing comming along adrian ^.^?
By the way, are you okay with me calling you adrian on the forums or should I stay with Sverkerman instead :p?
You can call me Hylke too if you want to, I don't really care.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Mads
Omg Balloon! Best Witch EU I remember ^.^'
Can't seem to remember you tho!
Anyhow, good old times back in the days of Clan RavH and Bosses of Warcraft!
If you have contact with any of the guys back in that time please let me know! I have contact with Hagge5, helekiller and Abedab but that's about it sadly ;/
I might actually consider adding a ingame aura for all of you awesome RavH fanatics who keept me inspired enough to improve my WC3 skills to make better versions of BoW for your you to play!

@Hashjie
Hah, I prefer Adrian to be honest with you.
I decided to fully remake the whole terrain of SvD (video of me working my ass off coming out shortly)

So far I've fixed all the bugs (except Ice Wall, that one is urs to fix ;P)
What I got left to implement before another beta testing session is what follows:

Add companion for the satyr!
Buildings to be able to upgrade other buildings. (These buildings contains upgrades)
Apply Upgrades messages exactly timed instead of auto timed.

Spells for upgrades in the new buildings:
Scout
Blink

Add gold for the Satyr when a draenei dies!
Tome which increases damage temporarily for satyr
Temporary item which can disable towers for X seconds.
Upgrades for the wall's armor.
You hit mushrooms to get fertelizers. They increase time which plants are built at.
More upgrades for the wall
Timer window which shows Game Time
Tips and Commands and Credits at Quests.
Reset resources when dead.
Towers only goes to level 16
Satyr Elexirs
Loading Screen
Custom attack and defense icons
New game feature: Spirit Trees

Sverkerman

Level 17
@-Kobas-
I had planned for you to be the one to give SvD rating looking at what a great job you did with reviewing Dualism.

Unfortunately I wouldn't let anyone besides my beta testers to look at it until I feel that i've accomplished what I aimed for starting this project ;P

I'll give you a unprotected version to look at as soon as SvD is being released to the public to play.

Oh and about Dualism, new version with updates to the beta with things you suggested coming out after SvD is finished, however I am not going to apply for the Director's Cut before Dualism is 100% done, that will say, when I've added about 20, maybe 30% more content.

Nice to see you visiting my thread anyways, -Kobas- ;)

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Orcnet
To be honest, it is nothing as stunning as Dualism. It is just a regular Vamp Fire/Troll vs Elves map with some cool features and replayability.

My aim with this project is to have something fun with high replayability.
I am also supporting SvD players by hosting a TeamSpeak3 server & soon enough a forum.

So basically, a ton of players and a huge interest creates a community which is supported by the creator.
If you want to have a look at how I've set up the TeamSpeak the IP is fr01.gameservers.com:9277

Level 14
@-Kobas-:
Please don't be too critical on some of the things I made in vJass, I know they are slow and could be coded way better.
I wouldn't have used hashtables at all if I where to decide ;). But at least the map is playable and runs fast enough...

@Adrian:
Sverkerman said:
(except Ice Wall, that one is urs to fix ;P)
Give me the map once you are done and I'll fix it real quick. I'm not sure why it's not working anymore, might have to do with instance counts?
Eithor ways, it did seem to work before so that's kinda odd. I didn't change anything.

Last edited:
Level 6
Re-terraining SvD Done.
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtb4ywTSpKk
[/youtube]

OMG you listen to these Emotional/Epic/Battle OSTs too!:goblin_jawdrop:

HIGH FIVE!:goblin_good_job:

I love the After terrain! It's... much brighter... happier.
Very good. Dark hellish terrain to happy sunny terrain.
That epic cheery/jumpy music must have put you in a good mood!
:goblin_yeah:

A Sverker quality map should be able to replace that Trolls vs Elves map!
The main issue is spreading the popularity of this map first :goblin_yeah: Must.. help do that when it's out!

Click on object then "Ctrl + Shift + ` " = Select all same type objects on the map.
Press P to see pathing ground, sometimes you can replace 2,3,4 smaller pathing blockers with bigger one, or like 10 with huge one if you create custom pathing blocker using pathing from for example Lumber Mil.

Also I don't like it, expect rock Z=0 thing, that's cool.
The thing that still look poor is how "cliff meld into tile" or dunno how to call it, you see your cliffs are "dirt" based and all tiles around are "rock" based, you have 2 options, change tiles into rocks, or just randomly replace rock with dirt around cliffs.

Oh red hellish spikes and rocks are still there around map and in map center :)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Here is a update with the new Talent Trees, Terrain and some artwork made by VTZ

33onuv6.png

rsbgvl.png

a2pykh.png

le%20Tree.jpg

Level 14
Dude, awesome progress on the tree, plus I love the new art! ;D

One thing though: I don't see any talent point dots that can be spend inside the draenei tree?
Did you break it? Should I fix it?

EDIT: oh lol, I see what you did there... Nevermind about the dots thingie ^.^

Do you still want me to make the light blue dots for talent points that are available though?

By the way, do the hero's in the talent tree symbolize anything or are they there just for the feel and looks? :)

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Hylke
Nah it isn't borken, I'm just lazy when it comes to taking pictures XD
The blue thing would be nice. Perhaps you can fix it at the same time as you fix the Ice Wall. I still have a lot to implement tho and I am making progress everyday!

@Orcnet
Thank you sir.

Level 14
@Radamantus
I took a lot of inspiration from SOPT.
Multible map selection is out of the question unfortunately.

You sure? It's simple to make a trigger that changes the tilesets and destructables with different types ^.^...
But changing the actual terrain will be a bit harder I suppose.

Level 14
Yeah, but that means re-terraining the map into multiple maps.
Or am I not getting something here?
My intention was to not have to re-terrain while being capable of having different "maps" or so to say "environments" at least.

Level 14
Indeed very true and would be pretty cool, but that all depends on how much adrian wants to work on this map until it's done ;P

Sverkerman

Level 17
I have huge problems with it. I've experienced it in TvE already. It's not that I don't want to put the effort of re-terraining, changing map bounds, re-balancing everything, adding "choose map" stage of the map and add specific characteristics for each map.

It is rather that it wont make SvD any better. If anything worse. Of course this is just my own personal opinion but keep in mind that this whole map is based on what I think about things.

It is a very good suggestion tho!

Level 25
Multiple maps has the added disadvantage of ruining the minimap.

My suggestion:

Start by making the map bigger. Like envision how big it would need to be for, say, 24 players. Then separate the map into 8 areas by using natural boundaries, like rivers or mountains, each with chokepoint-like connections to each other.

At map initialization, the map randomises using these zones. For 12 players, 4 connected zones become the chosen map, and the rest of the zones are "disabled" by removing bridges/closing gates/etc. For 6 players, use only 2 zones.

And so on.

Level 25
@rulerofiron99
Once again, it is a nice suggestion but I wont change my mind. The map stays the way it is now. I will not modify it.

Okay :'(

Some more suggestions I'm going to through at you anyway (for the purpose of replayability!)
  • At map start, randomly close off 1-2 bases with destructible rocks. This forces players to sometimes find different bases instead of always the same spot.
  • Give some bases two entrances. At map start, permanently close one of the entrances.
  • Out-of-base item resource spawners. Basically like the runes in DotA, every minute or so a gold coin (only Draenai can acquire) is spawned at a random spawn point. Encourages them to leave their bases, risk for reward.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@rulerofiron99
rulerofiron99 said:
At map start, randomly close off 1-2 bases with destructible rocks. This forces players to sometimes find different bases instead of always the same spot.
Awesome idea! Will defenitly be added. Thanks!

rulerofiron99 said:
Out-of-base item resource spawners. Basically like the runes in DotA, every minute or so a gold coin (only Draenai can acquire) is spawned at a random spawn point. Encourages them to leave their bases, risk for reward.
Another great idea! This will also be added! Please note that the whole spirit tree system is based on the idea of having the draenei leave his base, so is also the harvest tree system. I wont explain them in detail as of right now but when I do keep this message in mind ;)

Here, have these 2 purple pieces of sweet reputation

Level 14
I have a little suggestion: disable black mask and fog of war on the outside of the map so that the alpha tile doesn't look so buggy when walking along the edges of the map.
Not sure if you've fixed that already. But I guess it's worth mentioning...

Last edited:
Level 14
Hmm then what if you used line of sight blockers on top of the pathing blockers and dummy units with shared vision?
This way you'd only need 4 regions to cover up the rest.

Not that it's mandatory of course, I think you can decide best if anyone will be bothered by it.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@RiotZ
Describing it like that would be like describing Age of Mythology as "Age of Empires 2 with god powers"

SvD will be it's own game. Sure it will be similar to Vamp Fire & Island Defense and have the same kind of game type but at the same time SvD will be very different from those maps.

Anyhow, map progress is paused due to my current job occupation.

Status
Not open for further replies.