1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Defense / Survival] Sverkerman Presents - SvD (Satyr Vs Draenei)

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sverkerman, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  2. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. kevlamin

kevlamin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Subscribing, Good luck man!

4. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beta testing has been re-scheduled due to desync errors with the talent tree. I still have some systems to implement as well.

I apologize for the delay, it was not intended to be like this but appearently there is no possible way to create floating texts locally with GUI.

Anyhow, the problems will be fixed for Saturday! All of you are welcome to join us in the beta testing session, all you have to do is to add me to skype (Sverk3rcraft).

The more people that attends the more fun ;)
    Here is a countdown timer for when the next beta testing session will be held.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...=80c2da&fg2=99dbd4&msg=SvD+Beta+Testing&csz=1

5. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    This doesn't mean it's impossible in Jass, but we are having some issues with that due to lots of systems for the talent tree being created in GUI.
    (It's got to do with bj_lastCreatedFloatingText and changing floating text in GUI)

Anyhow, we are now going to use unit dots with local vertex coloring instead of text (Looks neater anyways) :)
    This is already implemented and seems to work so far...

Ah yes! Finally some time to test for multiplayer gameplay beforehand :)
    (There are still some local issues that we are currently having problems with. No desynchs now though...)

Note to adrian:
    we might want to set the unit z-height for some dummy units in the talent tree (crowform bug).
    For example, it would be nice to have the arrows (not the arrowhead) underneath the icons and the dots above the arrows etc.
    For the arrows, this can be done in the editor instead of code I suppose ;)?

Another thing is: I'm thinking about not only using red and green dots but also the default color for those talents in which you can currently spend a point in.
    It'll look much better IMO. I'll work on it when I get home.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have not made a update in quite some time so I feel like this could be a good time to do one.

First beta test session is over. We were not able to actually test the gameplay itself as we experienced heavy bugs preventing us from getting even 2 minutes into the game.

These bugs are currently being worked on and will probably be solved by friday where we will be hosting another beta testing session.

7. jonardkid

jonardkid

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks great, looking forward to try out this Map :D

8. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Adrian the screenshots in the first post are kind of outdated, do you want to release a new update with new screenshots or are some things still a secret ;)?

9. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Hashjie
    That's very true. I'll make a huge update to this thread while we beta test this weekend.

10. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another Beta Testins session over! These are the things that will be applied for tomorrows testing:

No wood is aquired from the give wood items.
    Floating texts are fucked up for income.
    Boots of speed for the Satyr Shop.
    2 Towers max can be built for the Draenei without the talents.
    Give Power doesn't increase Power.
    Mana shield buff name.
    Lightning Effects
    Music
    Sound effects for communication
    Local Floating Texts inside GUI systems.
    Reduce Movement Speed for Draenei.
    Buildings to be able to upgrade other buildings. (These buildings contains upgrades)
    Reduce building time for buildings!
    When a building is destroyed while being built the system which keeps track of how many buildings you have of that type bugs.

Every beta testing session is recorded, so if you are unable to make it to our beta testing sessions don't you worry! There will be a massive progress video up once I feel comfertable with releasing SvD!
    I believe that the next beta test will have quite a lot of gameplay to cover. Today was a blast testing SvD with 9 people! Thanks to everyone who attended!
    Also, as I mentioned, tomorrow there will be yet another beta testing session: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20121124T20&p0=239&msg=SvD+Beta+Testing+Session+3

If you like to test Warcraft 3 maps in a friendly and relaxing environment I highly recommend that you attend! Just add me on skype and tell me that you wish to join!
    As always, my skype name is Sverk3rcraft.

Goodnight and cya at beta tomorrow! ;D

11. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another testing done.
    Following balance and bug fixes will be worked on this week:

Sound effects for communication
    Add companion for the satyr!
    Buildings to be able to upgrade other buildings. (These buildings contains upgrades)
    Apply Upgrades messages exactly timed instead of auto timed.

Spells for upgrades in the new buildings:
    Scout
    Blink

Satyr building upgrades:

Add gold for the Satyr when a draenei dies!
    Satyr needs visibility in the middle.
    Build more farms = You have built the maximum amount of towers.
    Destroy Building needs to be upper right
    Tome which increases damage temporarily for satyr
    Temporary item which can disable towers for X seconds.
    Upgrades for the wall's armor.
    You hit mushrooms to get fertelizers. They increase time which plants are built at.
    Income is TWICE as slow!
    Sickle is named Molten Blade
    More upgrades for the wall
    Timer window which shows Game Time
    Tips and Commands and Credits at Quests.
    Reset resources when dead.
    Towers only goes to level 16
    Satyr Elexirs
    Variation for the plants! Higher fail chance, faster growing time, etc.
    Loading Screen
    Starting dialoge has (30) in it

12. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy as usual Sverker. :)

13. Illidan_Hunter

Illidan_Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    This project looks indeed well executed. I remember you from clan Ravenholdt or something. I was friend with Balloon and some other guys from there, when I was roleplaying.

14. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is the ballancing comming along adrian ^.^?
    By the way, are you okay with me calling you adrian on the forums or should I stay with Sverkerman instead :p?
    You can call me Hylke too if you want to, I don't really care.

15. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Mads
    Omg Balloon! Best Witch EU I remember ^.^'
    Can't seem to remember you tho!
    Anyhow, good old times back in the days of Clan RavH and Bosses of Warcraft!
    If you have contact with any of the guys back in that time please let me know! I have contact with Hagge5, helekiller and Abedab but that's about it sadly ;/
    I might actually consider adding a ingame aura for all of you awesome RavH fanatics who keept me inspired enough to improve my WC3 skills to make better versions of BoW for your you to play!

@Hashjie
    Hah, I prefer Adrian to be honest with you.
    I decided to fully remake the whole terrain of SvD (video of me working my ass off coming out shortly)

So far I've fixed all the bugs (except Ice Wall, that one is urs to fix ;P)
    What I got left to implement before another beta testing session is what follows:

Add companion for the satyr!
    Apply Upgrades messages exactly timed instead of auto timed.

Spells for upgrades in the new buildings:
    Scout
    Blink

Add gold for the Satyr when a draenei dies!
    Tome which increases damage temporarily for satyr
    Temporary item which can disable towers for X seconds.
    Upgrades for the wall's armor.
    You hit mushrooms to get fertelizers. They increase time which plants are built at.
    More upgrades for the wall
    Timer window which shows Game Time
    Tips and Commands and Credits at Quests.
    Reset resources when dead.
    Towers only goes to level 16
    Satyr Elexirs
    Loading Screen
    Custom attack and defense icons
    New game feature: Spirit Trees

16. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is there any kind of demo or something, I would like to see map and script as well :)

17. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @-Kobas-
    I had planned for you to be the one to give SvD rating looking at what a great job you did with reviewing Dualism.

Unfortunately I wouldn't let anyone besides my beta testers to look at it until I feel that i've accomplished what I aimed for starting this project ;P

I'll give you a unprotected version to look at as soon as SvD is being released to the public to play.

Oh and about Dualism, new version with updates to the beta with things you suggested coming out after SvD is finished, however I am not going to apply for the Director's Cut before Dualism is 100% done, that will say, when I've added about 20, maybe 30% more content.

Nice to see you visiting my thread anyways, -Kobas- ;)

18. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I too will be waiting for the demo map, everything seems so majestic in place :)

19. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Orcnet
    To be honest, it is nothing as stunning as Dualism. It is just a regular Vamp Fire/Troll vs Elves map with some cool features and replayability.

My aim with this project is to have something fun with high replayability.
    I am also supporting SvD players by hosting a TeamSpeak3 server & soon enough a forum.

So basically, a ton of players and a huge interest creates a community which is supported by the creator.
    If you want to have a look at how I've set up the TeamSpeak the IP is fr01.gameservers.com:9277

20. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    @-Kobas-:
    Please don't be too critical on some of the things I made in vJass, I know they are slow and could be coded way better.
    I wouldn't have used hashtables at all if I where to decide ;). But at least the map is playable and runs fast enough...

@Adrian:
    Give me the map once you are done and I'll fix it real quick. I'm not sure why it's not working anymore, might have to do with instance counts?
    Eithor ways, it did seem to work before so that's kinda odd. I didn't change anything.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012