• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Sverkerman Presents - SvD (Satyr Vs Draenei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Greetings followers of SvD.
Im glad to announce that I've picked up the project again and intend to finish it. As you may know I work for Recordinate now as their camera man so my time is limited but lately I've had more time.

So this is what needs to be done:

For Hylke to fix:
Ice Wall
Reset Talents
Hook checks if destructible is dead

For me to fix:
Buildings to be able to upgrade other buildings. (These buildings contains upgrades)

Spells for upgrades in the new buildings:
Scout
Blink

Add gold for the Satyr when a draenei dies!
Tome which increases damage temporarily for satyr
Temporary item which can disable towers for X seconds.
Upgrades for the wall's armor.
Timer window which shows Game Time
Tips and Commands and Credits at Quests.
Reset resources when dead.
Satyr Elexirs
Loading Screen
Custom attack and defense icons
Upgrade for the Draenei. Enables the use of the spell "Sprint"
Sentinel spell for Draenei (That flying bird)

Please note that I am yet to speak to Hylke about this. His time and motivation may be limited and in which case I'll have to come up with a solution.

Work starts... now!

Level 14
My motivation is limitless bro ;P
Only my time is.
However, I intend to fix it ASAP.
My contributions shall soon be done.

Level 14
Remade the IceWall spell since I wasn't as good with vJass as I am now.
Spell looked rather ugly in code. Now it looks neat :)

All problems I had to work on are now solved, now adding functions to show/hide talent tree next to create/destroy.
Also adding gametime window for the heck of it.
Removing some of the red clouds around the outer rocks of the map. You forgot to remove some of em ;)

Hold up untill I add these small things so you can continue your work.

Level 24
Well it was a while since we saw any updates maybe you should tell the nice people of hiveworkshop of your latest experiments because I know well enough that you got some good stuff planed. But one question if you will include a third race would not that make it into Satyr vs Draenais vs Whisps?

Sverkerman

Level 17
Just wanted to make a small post here to state that the project nearly is finished. We're hosting a few more beta testing sessions with our own beta testing team before making SvD a open beta.

If you want to come and join our testing sessions (LOADS OF FUN! :D) add me on skype. Sverk3rcraft is my ID.

@Lowe1994ba
No, even tho implementing a third race it is not a race which you can choose initially, you have to die in order to access it. Therefor we do not intend to make SvD SvDvW :)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Last private beta test is airing this Saturday! SvD goes public here in the map section of Hiveworkshop at Sunday!

Thanks everyone for the enormous support you've shown me during this huge 1 year and 4 month long development of SvD!

Level 24
WoW I was almost starting too believe this thread did not exist any more. :D Well it has been a good run I can't wait too see what the community thinks of this map.

Sverkerman

Level 17
The map is under a slight delay once again! After the beta test yesterday I have a lot to implement and fix so we're going to re-test the map tomorrow. If everything works out in a nice manner we'll have SvD up in the map section here on THW by tomorrow!

Level 14
It's been a long run man, with lots and lots of testing for bugs.
Hopefully it'll get the recognition it deserves.

Personally I find it very fun to play right now.

Level 24
Satyr Vs Draenei is now done! I will upload it as soon as the 2 introduction videos are done :)

Finally I'll get a chance to play against random people on the internet and I'll be the host and simply choose myself as the satyr, democracy be damned, this is video games. :)

Level 1
Amazing job! It's like a better version of Trolls and Elves. One thing tho, the game seems to disconnect everybody when you try to remake without leaving the lobby and creating another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.