• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoning Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, i'm working on a new class for my map and there is summoning problems. Its a Super Enginer class and it summons custom robots nvm that.

He have 2 summoning spells but when i start one it activates both spells at same time (when you want to activate just one)

I tried google it had no idea what im searching for, it showed me some Parrots Talking to each other and similar videos

http://i.epvpimg.com/db9Pf.jpg

Level 19
if you triggered them check for your conditions if they are both returning true for either of the triggers then it would execute them both.

But you should tell us or ask yourself what is happening when you cast spell A and spell B separately. Then you should have a clearer knowledge of what's wrong or right.

Level 21
Did you base the two spells on the same skill? For example, you may have created both spells based on Serpent Ward. Since they have the same order ID, they'll activate in the same moment. You must base them on different spells like Summon Water Elemental and Serpent Ward.

Level 4
Did you base the two spells on the same skill? For example, you may have created both spells based on Serpent Ward. Since they have the same order ID, they'll activate in the same moment. You must base them on different spells like Summon Water Elemental and Serpent Ward.

Yeah, i copy paste the previous one i was working on to create this one and i didn't use triggers

Level 25
When you create a spell, you don't create a new unique spell per se - you just create a copy of an existing spell and modify it. Each base spell has its own unique identification number (ID), which is used by the game to know which spell you actually used.
When you create a copy of said spell (for your own triggered spells), the copy has the same ID as the original spell.

Now when one unit has spells with same ID and you use one, the game does not know which spell was used, because more spells on that unit have same ID. That is the problem you had here and why Shadow Fury wrote that you should use different spell as a base.

So to your question:
Hey while you're here do you know what spells should i add to the sniper class?
The answer is to give it any spells you want as long as they have different ID from one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.