• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom summoning spell problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everybody, I was trying to create a custom spell for a hero, he should be like a affinity hunter, a beastmaster.
The idea was this, a summoning spell that would have created around the hunter some animals for a certain period of time, to help him fighting.

I thought about this to realize it:

I took a spell that only needed to be clicked to trigger the effect, like the water elemental summon. Then I set the duration of the elemental to 0.01 seconds, in this way you could maybe see him for an instant, it's not perfect but nothing really bad. Then I set my custom cooldown, mana cost and animation.
But now I want a trigger to spawn specified creatures in random point within 500 of the caster position, and I can't find something to do that in the trigger.

May someone help me?
Thank you!

Ups, my bad, I was forgetting, my wish is to have the spell summoning different creatures, that's why I can't use a simple summon water elemental. The units that spawn have to be one different from the other.

Level 14
I don't think you even need to trigger that spell. Just change the duration to however long you want the summons to stick around, change the Data- Summoned Unit to whatever you want, change the Stats - Area of Effect to 500. You can change the number of units summoned with Data - Summoned Unit Count. If you want to summon more than one type of unit then just Trigger it.

• Summon Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) YourAbility
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Loc[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Temp_Loc[2] = (Temp_Loc[1] offset by 500.00 towards (Random angle) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Loc[2] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 60.00 second Summoned Unit expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc[2])
Just set your ability, and what type of unit you want.

Level 2
The Archimonde Portal works fine, and I don't mind the random spawn, but! The units I summon do not have certain time of life like the water elementals do.
So they will fight forever if healed, and it's not what I was trying to do, so I could try to trigger an expiration timer for all the units that spawns from that portal, but I'm not sure if I can do it.
I'll try and let you know ^^

Level 6
First of all, shift-click the summoned units ammount in Skill Editor and put '0' there, this way you won't see the summoned and instantly killed water elemental and no bugs would occur.

So, are you saying, that you need a spell, which summons random animals around the caster for, like, 60 seconds or so?

You can make it via dummy summons put randomly around the caster and summoning dummy skills based on Water Elemental summon. I can script it, just tell me if I got it correctly.

Level 14
How many different units do you want to spawn?

You can use one of the item spawn abilities like Item Furbolg Summon or Item Felhound Summon or one of the others. Limited to 2 creature types, a specified number of them will spawn at max cast distance in the direction the hero is facing for a set duration.

If you want a phoenix-like effect for the spawned units (by Dark Portal), give them a negative HP regeneration. That'll kill them.

//\\oo//\\

Level 1
Having One Problem With A Summoning Spell.

Hey everybody! I just created this account!!

I guess I'm old school, because I am still playing Warcraft 3. I have been messing, changing, and adding things to the game map, WarChasers, for just personal fun. I decided to change some attributes and abilities for one the heroes and eventually the others.

I am the process of making a summoning spell, and I have figured out how to change everything on the ability except one thing. :confused: And that is changing the name in the timer on the summoned unit. Instead of it saying "water element," I want it to say "Grunt" or "Call of the Warriors."

Would somebody kindly tell me how to change it, please!?

Level 29
Hey everybody! I just created this account!!

I guess I'm old school, because I am still playing Warcraft 3. I have been messing, changing, and adding things to the game map, WarChasers, for just personal fun. I decided to change some attributes and abilities for one the heroes and eventually the others.

I am the process of making a summoning spell, and I have figured out how to change everything on the ability except one thing. :confused: And that is changing the name in the timer on the summoned unit. Instead of it saying "water element," I want it to say "Grunt" or "Call of the Warriors."

Would somebody kindly tell me how to change it, please!?

u should make a new thread to ask the question. i believe u need to change the tooltip / name for the buff that the summon uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.