• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Summon Creature question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey people.

Back to the editor after 5months!

First of all. I have looked around the forum for an anwser for this.

My question is.

The "Hero Class" is going to summon a Ghoul.
I have used the "Summon Lava spawn" Spell to do this.

BUT

my problem is when the Ghoul is raised the timer still says "Lava spawn"

and 2nd.

I can't seem to find the unit soundset. since a Ghoul sounding like a lava spawn is kinda lame :<

Hope you can help ! :D

-Jinseru

Level 11
my only answer would be to check game constants. or change the base spell (for example, you used lava spawn for your base spell. use raise skeleton or something else).
for unit set, it should be under "Sound" in the model editor for the summoned unit. just find it, and go to the "Sound" section (they are all labeled with stuff on the right, such as Sound, Attack, Armor, Editor, etc)

Level 3
Hmm actually to change that text check the spells BUFF it uses the should be sumthing in there i will put a screenshot up in a minute
buffs.JPG
buffs2.JPG

Also for the sound set its in the units file here is sum screenshots
Soundset.JPG

Sorry bout the low quality screenshots

Could ya check out my question http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/random-pick-152455/

Last edited:
Level 35
Actually the only thing you have to do is edit the ability in Object Editor..
Change the name to what you want or you can also leave it blank but the problem with summoned units is that this "timer" will always appear.
There you also change the sound set.

Ehh dude - The answer for both questions have already been given... And what your suggesting is not the answer to his question anyway... and it would not work unless you mean he should just look around in the object editor which doesn't really help that much.

As I said the problem with the name comes from a buff (edit buff in object editor) connected to lava spawn and the problem with sound comes from the unit (so that edit the unit in the object editor).

But yea of course he needs to change the name of the ability as well, but I bet he already did that.

(Btw: You can remove the timer as well.. But that requires replacing some textures in the wc3 files)

Status
Not open for further replies.