• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Wierd. All abilities being casted at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I just ran a test
I turned all of my triggers off for this test
I get all 4 abilities learned
I casted an ability from my hero's abilities
All four of the abilities are cast.
I used summons lava spawn for each new custom ability i made.
1. Why is this happening
2. Can I have lava spawn as the base for each of my custom hero abities and change its data, in the object editor, and run smooth?

Level 11
I used summons lava spawn for each new custom ability i made.
1. Why is this happening
2. Can I have lava spawn as the base for each of my custom hero abities and change its data, in the object editor, and run smooth?

1. You answered this yourself.
2. No. You cannot use the same base ability for 2 abilities on the same unit or the order ID will conflict. You can't change the order ID, only the order string which is unrelated.

You'll have to use triggers to emulate the splitting behavior of lava spawns.

Level 3
how am i supposed to make a bunch of unit spawning abilities then, im only kind of sure that theres only 5 or 6 different type of them.

My game is ruined!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
The easy trick to go around this is to use dummy abilities.
You cast the ability, it spawns a unit. You just add a timed life to that unit and voila.

But honestly there are more than enough simple summons.
You have Feral Spirit and 3 Beastmaster summons, Thats enough for the 4 skills you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.