• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lava Spawn Split, Which Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
so when the Summon Lava Spawn Ability has the summoned units splitting up, how do you get that event? I'm having trouble figuring it out. since the lava spawn is actually the hero summoning the firelord, i need to be able to make the firelord have an actual animation for when he starts splitting. otherwise he's standing there looking like he's doing nothing.

plus i need to find out how to color the units afterwards. a unit spawns a summoned unit isn't working for the splitting in two of the spawns/firelords.

Level 13
well, that solved part of my problem, thanks...actually this only gets me as far as coloring the new spawn. the old spawn goes back to 100 percent green and blue.

i don't know how to color the old spawn back to red and i don't know how to give him an animation because i can't figure out what he's doing...only thing i can think of is he's getting the order to stand alternate and then another order to morph...but i think that's kindof farfetched but i'll give it a try.

ok, figured it out...i tried all 3 unit is issued an order things...it turned out only one was used, and it was targeting a point...so i just set conditions to be not any order like patrol to, move to, attack, etc... i could color the unit after summoning the old one(with wait was the only way i could do it) and the animation now looks great(worked just fine)...but now i might decide to let the old spawn go back to plain colors or maybe change it to something else and make generation count be 1, so that you can see he cannot spawn anymore after that. although...what i'd prefer to do is let the generation count be a little higher and discolor him later, but for now that might be too complicated, at least until later on down the road. i might lower the split attack count to compensate. yeah down to 5 hits would probably be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.