• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to set an illusion to a variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have a spell, in which I need to set an illusion to a unit variable. I tried using the event "unit spawns a summoned unit" but it seems like illusions aren't considered summoned units. How can I detect when an illusion is spawned and set it to a variable?

Level 37
What kind of a trigger did you try? These both seem to work for me.

• Untitled Trigger 019
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: spawns a summoned u...
      • Set u = (Summoned unit)
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: (String((Unit-type of u)))
  • Untitled Trigger 019 Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is an illusion) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: illusion enters
      • Set u = (Triggering unit)
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: (String((Unit-type of u)))

Level 10
Thanks for you help, the problem was in my condition, because triggering unit != summoning unit. Also, I had a condition "unit is summoned" to detect illusions, I changed it to "unit is an illusion" and now everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.