• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions on how to improve TKoK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay...I play this RPG alot and i have some suggestions.
1.You need to make that not only equipped items are saveable! I got a epic twins bracer and i havent got enough Agility,and it would take awhile for me to get from 40 to 80 agi so i quitted.....And its rlly annoying ...!
2.Do something with loot.I see noobs and ninja looters looting everything they see.
3.Make so that you can reset your substats and pick others.It is nececary...
That should be everything I can remember now :p

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I agree with all your 3 suggestions +rep! if i can -_-. But i have some more =D

4)Maybe Deathward should be Cheaper
5)Choatic Mage needs a skin
6)Ranger Proberly needs a skin
7)Maybe some items that you cant buy,ex.Epics,Rares,Lengendaries, that can like drop from bosses or elites =D.

Level 4
Thx , but +rep can only be given with users that have +10 rep ;) But thx anyway... ;P
I dont think Chaotic Mage nor Ranger needs a skin......Its important to keep map size good ;P
Y..Death Ward srsly need to be cheaper.....
And bosses do drop Epics and Set items.......

Level 3
Ok here what I think:
1) No! That will only make second problem worse... Now ppl will be garbing items like 10 or 20 lvl above
2) "Do something" is not good enough! Make a good suggestion or don't say anything! So far I havent seen any good loot options in wc3... Ofc you can use system from Ragos, but this will kill the "random drop" factor... Or a master loot, but that will take some triggers and extra map space to spawn items there and also a way to give them directly to the player... So I don't think that anything will be changed. Any a good party will help
3) As I remember that already was discussed, and maybe will be implemented. also so far your stats will be auto reseted if they are bugged, sometimes it happens when u really need it. And also I think that this option will cost a lot, so u couldn't respec every new game.
4) Not really, coes that ppl will use it always, and it is only 4 'oh shit' times
5) Ya, this one is right! I really h8 that when ever its a unholy mage of some sort, its the same old necro...
6) Don't see why you say that... Ofc everyone uses this skin 4 archer, but why not? its good! And if u say it must be changed, than also pally, cleric, etc..
7) That's right, epic items and set items drop from bosses... but some uncommon items from mini bosses will be good.

Level 3
Okay...I play this RPG alot and i have some suggestions.
1.You need to make that not only equipped items are saveable! I got a epic twins bracer and i havent got enough Agility,and it would take awhile for me to get from 40 to 80 agi so i quitted.....And its rlly annoying ...!
2.Do something with loot.I see noobs and ninja looters looting everything they see.
3.Make so that you can reset your substats and pick others.It is nececary...
That should be everything I can remember now :p

1. Every hero got his own Epic items. Maybe you got the wrong Epic Bracer from twins for your class or your skilled somehow weird!
2. Do not play with idiots there is a -vkick command when you only play with ninjas.
3. Yeah reset substats is a nice idea. But I dont know if its necessary :p

I agree with all your 3 suggestions +rep! if i can -_-. But i have some more =D

4)Maybe Deathward should be Cheaper
5)Choatic Mage needs a skin
6)Ranger Proberly needs a skin
7)Maybe some items that you cant buy,ex.Epics,Rares,Lengendaries, that can like drop from bosses or elites =D.

4. Yeah Deathward is really expensive. But I think its okay because you can use it only once every hour.
5. & 6. VeXeN got no time to change skins he got other major problems to fix first. And the map nearly reached max size of 4MB. (there won't be a new skin I think).
7. I don't rly understand what u mean. But the bosses drop all Rings/Amus after you kill them. ;)

Level 3
There won't be PvP coz the map is not based on PvP
Just look a Arcanist got 1k hp and dealing with 1 spell more then 1k dmg .... >_< its not possible to PvP because 1 spell fights awesome ^^ (maybe it get changed when he add spell resistance or what ever)

Level 4
a pvp arena just for fun would be nice.

also another suggestion would be a DPS multibord that would keep track of everyones dmg/healing (could also have a threat system with that)

Level 4
-well, the character should appear with his eqquipement (sword, armor etc) and not to appear as a standard model which does not change...
-and i think that terrain must be more detailed, especially buildings. my opinion is that new human and orc buildings must be created or imported
-pvp (plz!)

Level 2
-well, the character should appear with his eqquipement (sword, armor etc) and not to appear as a standard model which does not change...
-and i think that terrain must be more detailed, especially buildings. my opinion is that new human and orc buildings must be created or imported
-pvp (plz!)

Gief 20Mb limit then.

Level 10
Ok, some suggestions here are fair stupid.

Saving all items is dumb, it creates fucking huge codes.
PvP would not work properly work in such a map.
Showing all items on the models is dumb, unnecessary, size inefficient, etc.

Here are a few suggestions which I reckon could improve gameplay:
-Instead of level requirements for items, only attribute reqs. (make more sense)
-Be able to change attributes for gold cost
-Make multiple ways to solve quests and less farming based quests

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would like to see epic bosses reduce in difficulty to adapt to player number. With 6 decent players, they are too easy, but with 2 high levels they are hard. Most notable is the 2 guys in the temple, they are hard as hell unless you bug them due to the spells. The rate at which they case should be player based, with them not casting at all at 1-2 players. The bandit lord should also spawn fewer units at lower player number, as it is near impossiable for 2 players to handle all the spawns + the boss.

I would like to see a stat reallocation system, whereby you can reallocate your stat points, even if it is once per game. This would overall allow more fine tuning of good builds, especially if you invested stat points poorly.

The chaos mage needs some minor ballence adjustments, especially as far as damage spells go. The 2 initial damage spells cost 20 mana each, and life drain 25 mana. Life drain however deals a ton of damage compaired to the other 2 and so overall achieves a higher damage per mana ration. I would recommend reducing the cost of the initial 2 moves, or else increasing the cost of drain life. I would also recommend increasing the cost of the summon skelton spells, as they are mostly used out of battle anyway and during battle they cost only as much as 1 life drain. Ofcourse, I would not recommend changing any mana cost values by more than 5 points, as otherwise it would be easy to ruin the ballence of a class.

Appon saving, just for convienence, the gold stored in your code should include the gold gained if all carried items were sold (not equiped but carried) if it does not do so already. This would save time as I would not have to sell them before saving.

It would also be nice if the chaos mage's summons could teleport to him if they become to far away or atleast get removed. It is possiable to get your skeltons stuch, and the only cure is to use a teleporter. This can be annoying, especially before you can use the teleporters.

Moves like the statue gaurd's stomp causes a lot of lag when used. This should be fixed, as it is probably a bug.

Quests need to be made clearer, sometimes they can be confusing or lack vital information like who to bring an item to. Overall it would be nice to have some system to encourage people to stay, as it is annoying when people just leave.

Level 3
Is it just my imagination/poor powers of observation or does TKOK lack a set of professions for the heroes? I've only played it single player, and it looked decent, but I didn't find any crafting professions, which kinda sucked : (

Level 3
Granted, not all maps need them to be good, but imho it just makes them better as it adds another aspect to the game that - if done correctly - enhances the map and gives the player another avenue to level up apart from just the hero level.

Level 6
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I was playing the other day (had not played since 1.06 or something so I downloaded the new one) and to my horror, the save/load code was huge! I messed up like 3 times and it booted me. That I think is a dump idea. Get rid of the boot, the chances of anyone getting a random code right is slim. That and the game takes a while to load, I didn't want to do another game because I wasted like 20 minutes just getting in and trying to load my code.

Sorry for being a little, um jerk...ish, but I thought 1.06 (or whatever it was) was a lot better than this new one. the inventory was more unique and less combersome. Theres my 2 cents.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
On average I get my code right 90% of the time. When I do get it wrong, eithor it loads with errors or else I correct the incorrect single diget. The codes are short, play FF epic or FF forever if you want to see long codes.

The game takes under 1 minutes to load on any decent moden PC. About 15 seconds ingame and 45 seconds or less loading screen. My PC is slightly slower but then again it is 6 years old. If yours takes 20 minutes, then you should get a PC that reaches the recommended WC3 requirements atleast, as 2.2 GHZ P4s probably would not take that long.

If you are one of those people who types the code each time, I can reccomend print screening the code then typing it into a text document. This not only reduces chance of error, but means you can enter your code within 2 seconds via copy and paste and then easilly correct any errors made.

Only problem I have with this map is it lags on my PC at a horriable 20-30 FPS. However this is just my PC being usless and something memory related as it clearly is not my graphic card as AA and AF makes no difference. Also my brothers quadcore + 8800GT runs the map fine with almost constant 60 FPS and barely noticable delays during the initial map loading.

Level 6
I did play FF epic RPG, and I love that game. But I don't remember that long of codes, maybe I should play it some more. As for the "20 minutes" I was just exagerating seeing as most games load in a good 5-6 seconds, it feels a lot longer. But that doesnt change the fact that the whole booting if you enter your code wrong 3 times. I still think that is dumb. I do print screen but sometimes you just can't find the wrong thing. I don't think it should boot for a wrong code.

Sorry if that feels like ranting or dissing on the map, its not. I really like this game and have played a lot with my brother in law, just trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.