1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Suggestion] Decrease the levelling speed

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Jumbo, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now I know who dowloads Hentai...

2. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    psh who downloads when you can stream

3. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    (smigol's voice): Stream? Woot's dat Traesure?

4. zapper19

zapper19

Resources:
    Resources:
    how long exactly?

5. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    so we are now the 3 quiters?

6. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    sluk I didn't quit.

7. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok lol jk so why are you inactive?

8. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have other things to do. Anyway, I am helping Zwieb making dialogue as we speak.

9. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    So guy who dont play gaia for long time, and guy who quited gaia, argue about useless change to the game... How Awesome...

10. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this about me or jumbo?

11. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I agree with the premise here, but I don't think I agree with the actual suggestion.

If I understand correctly, I think Jumbo is asking that players actually take some extra time to do ALL of the content thats available as we level up. Considering how powerful higher level white gear is compared to lower level blue gear, we're always better off just advancing our levels as fast as possible rather than taking the time to gear up at certain points. Dungeons end up getting skipped and players miss out on stuff that we used to spend hours having fun playing. I don't think its ideal, but at the same time, I don't think a system that forces players to do certain content at certain points is really any better. Since most of the playerbase is end game ready anyway, forcing lower level players to spend extra time until they can play with the player base isn't good. Most big name MMO's rush you through the lower level content for this exact reason. Isolating newbies isn't going to attract them to the game, its going to do the opposite.

Honestly I think the biggest gripe I'd currently have with Gaias is how easy the current end game content is. While I understand world bosses aren't meant to be hard, they've still come across as a bit too easy to truly feel like an end game adventure. If I were to ask for any change (Not that it'll do any good at this point now anyway) it would be for the current end game world bosses to feel like dungeon level difficult, and then nerf them down to proper world boss difficulty when the fourth dungeon is finally actually released. That way we'd get that end game feel from current end game content, and even if the newer players get rushed to 50, they still have a long road ahead of them from getting to base level 50, to max gear level 50. With how easy the current bosses are, there really isn't much of a road.

12. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think upscaling all of the whitepine bosses and then later downscaling is a good idea. It feels inconsistent to me. From what I've seen, many lvl 50 groups actually fail miserably against Zharo and Overseer even now. I could, however, agree to make one of the bosses permanently stronger - Zharo seems like a good choice. It makes sense since he is actually skippable and thus could work as sort of a new 'gargoyle-boss'. That said, I think that D4 is where literally everyone should finally get a consistent challenge. That is, even best gear people have to follow tactics carefully even if they can do the fight quicker than lower geared players. Of course the content after D4 will surely be the real end-endgame (say in Wow terms; D4 = MC/Ony, post-D4 = BWL-Naxx).

Finally, with the endless dungeon already in the game (and soon with rewards), I think there is enough content to satisfy the needs of the community until D4.

13. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't think that the current endgame balancing needs adjustment. Yeti is meant to be rather easy, yet I do see groups occasionally fail at him. Overseer was intended to be hard, but he can be outgeared pretty well, so with a party that is fully equipped, this fight tends to get much easier.
    Zharo is super hard in its current incarnation and I rarely see groups that manage to kill him consistently without any wipes.

So far, the randomized dungeon poses the biggest challenge and that is intended. I don't see many players actually having a normal keystone, let alone a greater keystone, so there is your challenge if you seek one. It will certainly make your life easier to get keystones now, as I am currently working on all kinds of neat rewards for Blackfire Deep, including:
    - new legendaries
    - ethereal items (items that level with your hero and can be used inside Blackfire Deep on subsequent runs)
    - special mounts
    - vault collectables (this is the new replacement for the former tome idea, which I found boring and inconsistent in design)

... the collectables are just that. Small treasures, things or statues that you can collect in a new small extra area of your vault. They are specific to the hero classes and will have static stats and come in the usual item quality types. These collectables can only be found in Blackfire. However, the bonuses granted by these collectables are FAR smaller than those granted by souls. Think of them as tiny extra tidbits for those who really want to max out everything. For example, one such collectable could grant +1% evasion. Another could grant +3 armor. You get the idea.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  14. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds very nice Zwieb. In my opinion it would be nice with a little staticness in the random dungeon like a special mob type or whatever.