• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion: Add 'Reforged' to list of games / required game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
On the maps page, the resource filter includes a 'Game' dropdown (for some reason hidden when I enable javascript), which lists 'All', 'The Frozen Throne', and 'Reign of Chaos'. Additionally, the map info section has a field 'Required game', just above 'Recommended version', which shows 'The Frozen Throne' 99.999% of the time.

My suggestion is to add 'Reforged' in these two places, where a map could be considered 'Reforged' if:
- The map is made for patch 1.32 or later;
- The map is locked to HD graphics (so it's only playable if you bought Reforged).

Level 18
requiredgame.png

What I meant to say is, since patch 1.32, the war3map.w3i file format includes a 'Supported Modes' value, which has SD=1 and HD=2 flags. So if this value is 3, the map can be played with both SD and HD graphics. But if this value is 2, the map can only be played with HD graphics, so you need to buy Reforged to play the map (I haven't actually tested what happens when you try to play a HD-only map when you haven't purchased Reforged, but I can't imagine it'll just let you play. I do know that if you have purchased Reforged and you're playing on SD graphics, the game will load the map in HD as expected).

Another option would be to display if the map can be played on SD, HD, or both, where it defaults to both if the map is from before 1.32. This solution might actually be better since it gives more information.

Either way, the 'Required game' field in its current state seems kind of useless to me, since it always shows 'The Frozen Throne'.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
ut if this value is 2, the map can only be played with HD graphics, so you need to buy Reforged to play the map (I haven't actually tested what happens when you try to play a HD-only map when you haven't purchased Reforged, but I can't imagine it'll just let you play.
That's the key information I needed. This allows me to programmatically filter by RoC, TFT and Reforged.

Status
Not open for further replies.