• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StryderZero's Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
StryderZero's 2012 Terrain Gallery

StryderZero's 2012 Terrain Gallery

screenshotszc.png

T1_1.png

T2_1.png

23w5x5l.png

mrd6dw.png

5zr15d.jpg

Giveaway Terrain
Untitled.png

changelogj.png

Nowhere Part 1
>Added Grass
>Closer Fog
>Fixed the Background

Nowhere Part 2
>Added Fences
>Added Zombie
>Added Barn and a dead cow
>Added Candle and Torchwoods

creditsp.png

All images and terrains are made by StryderZero

Attachments

• credites-stryderzero.png
    credites-stryderzero.png
    420 bytes · Views: 148
  • gallery-stryderzero.png
    gallery-stryderzero.png
    2 KB · Views: 109
  • screenshots-stryderzero.png
    screenshots-stryderzero.png
    579 bytes · Views: 154
  • TheDroppedProject Terrain 1.w3x
    766.2 KB · Views: 91
  • TheDroppedProject Terrain 2.w3m
    3.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 14
The problem with those high buildings is they block the vision behind them. So random item generation can make unfindable items, enemies cannot be seen unless using health bars enabled and even that can be disabled and player movement on locked camera is hell. From my experience such playable terrain is very hard to be played on.

Level 34
The graveyard terrain needs a fog. Are shadows enabled? Some good use of lighting and shadows would touch it up real nice.

@Giles - Obviously it has a fog , that why the background mountains became black as you can see :)
@LordKoon - So your talking about that new terrain? Well my answer is , i dont set dropped items from them and , i think its more better if enemies are hidden behind the building and in the fog , locked camera is set to surprise players and to let players not to see hidden quests in the map.

Level 14
What about when the players have to move behind the building? you can't see your hero or the enemies that are behind (possibly). There are several systems that make a structure look transparent when a unit is behind it. Alas they are rather complicated for multiplayer maps.

To make a better fog on the first screenshot - the graveyard - use the hero glow model, extend it and change its color to fit your theme. Results are spectacular.

Level 6
it looks like there is something wrong with the downloadpack.

(0 KB, 5 Downloads)

mhhh might u check it again

Level 14
I agree, the trees are sparse and awfully small. If you want it to look more realistic you might want to size them up a bit. I like the model of the person though. Looks pretty high quality, also the textures are quite nice imo.

Level 16
Doesn't look like the Fog & Rain combine well with the sky.
Possible Improvements:
If you want the Rain - the fog is good, but you might want a more Pale sky.

If you want the Sky - It looks like around sunset, so you could try making the fog a little yellow(or any other color, as long as it goes well with the sky) as well as reduce it a bit(extend Start Z or End Z) and no Rain.

THE WATER is GOOD - In real life, there are bodies of water even blue-er than this.
THE TREES are ALRIGHT - There are regions here on Earth where there are scenes like this, where sometimes the trees are still not that adapted to grabbing on to rocky terrain thus, they are less abundant in mountainous areas.

MY Favourite part of this terrain: COWS

Overall 4/5! Don't judge(negatively) how I judge if you don't want me to judge you as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.