• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Longing for home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
A lone Bloodmage stranded on a glacier longs for home as the sun rises.

Edit: I moved the bloodmage closer, changed the size of his igloo and added a ship in the distance. (thus his longing)

Edit 2: I have made the ship larger and moved the sun back as requested. I tried to get the shadows to be going back but they chose not to, so I left the shadows out. tell me what you think. Thanks!

Edit 3: I sank the sun (pun not intended) and replaced the spiky ice with rocks. Shifted his supplies over to the left and moved the ship further away.

Final Edit: I have moved it to my terrain gallery. Varsaigen's Terrain Gallery

Attachments

• longing for home.jpg
    longing for home.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Level 14
Nice, although I think you should move the sun a bit more back(if it's possible) and move the ship away from the sun because you can't really see it(I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it). Looks good!

Level 23
Ok. I will do that. but the reason i placed the ship there was because it hardly shows up anywhere else. And I wanted it in the distance. And for the sun, its on the border of the map :p but I can move the terrain back. Thx for the critique guys.

Edit: I have updated the pic. My changes are explained in Edit 2:

Check first post for Edit 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.