• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stop spells from using same cooldown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a way to stop the spells from using the same cooldown?

For example, if you have 2 spells based of the same ability, and want to cast one without the other one going on cooldown. Is it possible?

Level 22
Could you explain what you are doing exactly, I don't understand exactly with the vague description you provided.

Level 21
How? You can't assign arrows to abilities...
There is a trigger event for when an arrow is pressed.
Okay: 2 ability (Same Rawcode), the first one, you add it on the hero you want to use that ability, and the other one, you put it on the spell book, then you add this spell book to that hero

I've tried this approach, it doesn't work.
Although a similar approach with items instead of spellbooks would work.

Level 21
actually, I discovered a way to avoid spell collision [which makes both spell go to cooling down but only one takes effect] but there's another issue : it will causes both spell to take effect and got into cooling down state.

Setting the casting point and backswing to 0 will do.
This is because when you order the unit to cast an ability, then the game goes through a list of all abilities that match the criteria(order ID) and tries to cast them.
This is what the collisions are about and so far I've not seen a way to fix it. Items don't have those collisions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.