• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Auto-casting Cooldowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im trying to make a "Power Strike" spell and i set it on 3 Seconds cooldown, but when i auto-cast it, the cooldown wont trigger

and there is this other "Ninja Strike" spell, with the same problem and with another one since it has a 10% chance to make the enemy bleed for x damage over y seconds, but this wont trigger on auto-cast

please help if possible

Edit : I've fixed the Ninja Strike spells trigger on auto-cast, now its only the cooldown problem left

Edit 2 : I've fixed the Ninja Strike cooldown, the problem was that i didnt order the Ninja to Attack

Last edited:
Level 10
When you right click an abilty to autocast does it have a global cooldown (like wow) or does the cooldown set in WE override the global cooldown (if there is on)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When a move is autocast using the WC3 autocast system, the cooldown applies only to that move and it will not cast again untill cooldown is complete.

I believe he is refering to automaticly casting (using triggers to cast non autocastable spells) spells. In which case the function that gets the unit to cast the spell does not take cooldown into count.

Level 12
for the "Power Strike" im not using any triggers, i just used Orb of Annhilation(or whatever), copied it, changed tooltips and all that, included cooldown, but it still ignores the cooldown

if i turn off auto-cast and use the "Power Strike" click-wise, it has a cooldown, but not in the auto-cast state

this is what im trying to fix, to get a cooldown in both the click-wise state and the autocast state

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.