• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-cast Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi! I'm having a problem with auto-cast abilities. When a unit with an auto-cast ability (let's say, Searing Arrow ability with cooldown of 4 seconds) is ordered to attack another unit, the cooldown of the ability works properly. But, when the unit is attacking without an ordered attack, the ability has no cooldown.

Is there anyway to fix this? Appreciate all the help!

P.S. : I tried to replace the ability with Frost Arrows, Black Arrows and Orb of Annihilation but none of them seem to work

Level 20
"when the unit is attacking without an ordered attack, the ability has no cooldown." -> Neither adds the fire effect.

Auto detected targets doesn't activate these kinds of attacks (As far as I know). You could "Unit is attacked" "If Attacking Unit has *ability*" then "Order *Attacking Unit* -Fire Arrow- *Attacked Unit*". That would be a really simple but not -behaviour intuitive- solution.

Level 33
So, let's say, you are in a position where no enemy units around you (with auto-cast on for the Searing Arrows)

Then, an enemy comes into your vision and your unit will auto-attack it (without you order it, but the auto-cast mode is turned on), but the spell does not goes on cooldown neither does it fires the fire projectile, right ?

It's a common hard-coded mechanic in Warcraft III, and it can't be changed (perhaps you can with advanced triggering but I suggest you leave it as it is now)

Status
Not open for further replies.