• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stolen Identity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello lovely members of the Hive, today I have learned a bad news, someone has stolen my identity..

see by yourself --> http://wc3xtreme.google.com/viewtopic.php?p=12927

This member of the forum Wc3Xtreme should be stop!

I am NOT! that person, and I never subscribed to that forum...

So for the members of this forum, please send the message and give the link to this post.

Apparently a hive member has took my identity and he might be sending and posting fales informations about me.

Please, stop him....

Level 7
As long as he doesn't get you into too much trouble, and people know It's not you, I'd consider that a good thing. It means you're cool and popular enough for someone to try to impersonate you.

Level 13
Reason i think for wc3 Xtreme siting being blocked as i quote some mods "its a site full of non public models"

Also just go talk to darkhorse.

Level 9
I am wc3xtreme's skin mod. The site is kinda inactive. If I am just the admin, I'll take appropriate actions. All I just can do is put the thread to recycle bin and give him a negative karma points.

Apparently, wc3xtreme's global mod is ToM. Darkhorse, I think, can't do something about this. 'Coz he's very, very, VERY INACTIVE. And building wc3x. But I don't see a d@mn progress at all.

well Mr.Goblin is just a user name tittle that everyone can use..

but The member took the same avatar that I have (wich is a coin texture I made for Goblin's Tale) and he's sending my skins and icons..

also, I made some interresting founds there also.

Someone have stolen Hawkwing Avatar
Someone is called Dionessis
Someone is called 67chrome
Someone is called Misha
Someone is called Xs_Archangel

apparently more than 1 personne is stealing someone else identity D:

Level 13
Post a thread there with something like:
"I, the real Mr.Goblin, will not join this forum due a few conditions.
The (fake) user here is trying to be as cool as me, but he fails."

I would never join it too and it's a shame that those Copycats try to be someone else.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Woah.. so serious.. >_>
If someone takes your real ID, then let me know.. nicknames are stolen all the time.

Level 18
Woah.. so serious.. >_>
If someone takes your real ID, then let me know.. nicknames are stolen all the time.

Stole my words, thats what I thought this thread was about

I've had my name Zoom_Zoom_Zoom. stolen about.. 3 times.

One guy was Z3, Zoom_Zoom_Zoom, (with comma) and another guy was Zewm_Zewm_Zewm, all claiming to be me when I was spoofed with the name God and then I said 'let me RJ, gunna take spoof off' then I rejoin, they went 'OSHIT' and left.

It's pretty common.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Haha, yeah it's so disrespectful to point out the obvious. I'd love it if people took my art and my nickname and posted it everywhere. Heck they even use MY nick so it's hardly even stealing it.

They didn't crop it or edit it did they? In that case you should've said so and I'd show a little pity for you. As far as I am aware, all they (or he/she) has done is make an account somewhere using your nickname (which is by no means copyrighted) and submitted your art, used your signature and avatar.

Level 15
Maybe Mr.Goblin doesn't want to be associated with a shit-hole?

Sorry, we don't all have terrible standards like you, shiiK. Some of us like to be popular among peers, not people who are subordinate to us (or, I guess in your case, those people would be your peers).

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Maybe another Mr.Goblin wouldn't like being associated with the Mr.Goblin on the Hive. I've done no research, but the Mr.Goblin here is hardly the first.

As for the art, well it's of course a matter of opinion. I've always rather enjoyed having my art spread everywhere, credits is just a bonus (which in this case is present).

Your other statement makes little sense when you consider the context of this matter.

You don't seems to understand Shiik..

I'm not the first Mr.Goblin and I respect that, Mr.Goblin is a user name that can be use by anyone..

but this Mr. Goblin is subscribed at an other warcraft3 mod related forum (coincidence you might say? perhaps)

but this Mr. Goblin in question, is using the same avatar I am using, (wich is a texture I made for my project called Goblin's Tale, so I own the rights to use it)

also, this Mr. Goblin is posting my working on the same forum, so he's stealing my art and he takes all the credit. Of course after all, i'm the one respected after all. But the problem is, all the comments/arts/thinkings this same Mr. Goblin have, are not mine..

Would you like someone to steal your creations, and also happends to be a racist, and a flammer? I don't think so..

For me, Stealing someone Identity is like raping someone, you enter in the privacy of someone and you sue it, it goes agains't morality..

Level 26
Now listen here shiit. not everyone likes having their resources stolen. Which is what this thread is all about. Mr.goblin does not care about the username, he cares about someone else taking credit for his resources. In fact, most people have a problem with that. This is why there is an entire section in the rules about resource distribution and usage. And why it is reiterated so many times in the Hive rules and on the website overall. It is extremely rude. Now shiik, it is ok if you dont care if someone uses or takes credit for "YOUR" resources, but your comments are unnecessary and now bordering on flaming. AND you happen to be flaming a very well respected resource creator here on the hive workshop. Something that is never wise.... just a word of advice, humility is truly a rare and beautiful quality to have.

Level 9
In the whole of the matter it is all revolving around respect and basic etiquette. In real life you don't go around calling yourself by a false name, say Bill Gates for matter of a known person, and say that you are the head of Microsoft.

If you suddenly started distributing the Microsoft products under your false name not only would you be committing a crime but you would be doing someone very disrespectful by "stealing" the work and taking credit for it which you had no relation to in the first place.

On the internet there are many basic rules of etiquette which people are expected to follow to not be considered Royal Douches. A very very VERY basic rule is to not, under false name be distributing another's work and claiming the right to it. Not only do you have the ability to give false information on said product or recourse in this case but you can also damage the real makers good name by making rude and crude comments towards users through this false account.

No this is not a matter of life or death nor is it as bad as a real life case but it is still a matter of disrespect and immaturity. If you truly like someones work, yes redistribute it on other sites that you use but give full credit to the maker and maybe even the site which he currently resides. That way not only are you able to help out someone in the process but you are able to not seem like an immature 10 year old trying to smear someone you do not knows good name.

That is all.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You don't seems to understand Shiik..

I'm not the first Mr.Goblin and I respect that, Mr.Goblin is a user name that can be use by anyone..

but this Mr. Goblin is subscribed at an other warcraft3 mod related forum (coincidence you might say? perhaps)

but this Mr. Goblin in question, is using the same avatar I am using, (wich is a texture I made for my project called Goblin's Tale, so I own the rights to use it)

also, this Mr. Goblin is posting my working on the same forum, so he's stealing my art and he takes all the credit. Of course after all, i'm the one respected after all. But the problem is, all the comments/arts/thinkings this same Mr. Goblin have, are not mine..

Would you like someone to steal your creations, and also happends to be a racist, and a flammer? I don't think so..

For me, Stealing someone Identity is like raping someone, you enter in the privacy of someone and you sue it, it goes agains't morality..

Haven't said anything about coincidence. Aye, you made the texture, but you posted it on the internet. It is going to be used by a lot of people (most of them will not call themselves Mr. Goblin in your honour). He does not take any credit for your art, because he's using your nickname. If a random guy with a different nickname posted your art, it would be taking the credit.

To be honest, I wouldn't care at all if someone took my nickname, and my art (which btw is signed if it's of any importance to me) to a different forum and also happened to be a racist. Because I know that it is not me. Sure he's placing a rumour about me, but I don't give a damn about rumours. Rumours are often not true. If any of them meet the real you then they'll realize you're different.

There's no such thing as privacy on the internet.

Raping is a serious matter which is far beyond the levels of this petty crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
Il sito che cercavi potrebbe essere momentaneamente non disponibile o non più esistente.
=
^^ your link is broken, or was removed

anyways, does this person claim to be you? because maybe its just someone who saw your name and liked it.

edit: nvm...

Level 26
congrats shiit... you have the best signature ever.

Your conceited comments have now far exceeded the qualifications of "flame" you are not only flaming Mr.Goblin, but now it appears as though you are veering drastically off topic. We are not talking about you, your artwork, or your artwork's accreditation. We are discussing Mr.Goblin, and the idiot who stole his pseudonym. I don’t see any of your skins, icons or even a gallery here on the hive. It would appear that you have no background in art to speak of, nor past work that you can base your incoherent bitching upon. In so many words "you are all talk". You are not making a point, you are blabbering. Just because you are “different” in that you do not care about artwork accreditation, does not mean you can write off the millions of other people who do care about it. If you don’t like what Mr.Goblin is saying, then guess what, YOU DON’T HAVE TO POST A COMMENT! In fact, you SHOULDN’T post a comment if all you are going to do is bitch about how apathetic you are about life.

Level 13
Above post

Oh, there he goez! But he'z so right, I don't shouldn't like it if my nickname would be stolen.
It's a 'lil piece of you're own creativity. If you steal someone's Nickname 'n avatar, you're not even close to have any creativity. This means you cannot even make an approvable art resource.
Here'z an example:

You have just made somethin' new, original and cool. Like LoaP was in the beginning. You proudly host your map and can say, "Yeah I made this map!" The people would respond very friendly, ask your help etc. But bam! Someone broke into your map and made copy of it and added something new in it. He put his name on it... There you go, ko'd. You can't do anything about it. It's not your map anymore, it's nothing of you. And hundreds of edits would follow. But one thing you know, You have made an excellent map.

If people want to be like you, or make a map like yours, it means that it's good! People wouldn't create a copy of a bugg'd map, they won't.

And yeah, don't reply if it doesn't cares you.

Level 26
fucking engrish..... and squiddle, your example doesnt quite apply here because the user in question did not "slightly edit" his resources, he posted the exact same resources mr.goblin made, under mr.goblin's name on another website, and although that initially is not an extreme evil act. It will lead to problems later on, when people wish to contact the real mr.goblin (which on is the real one?); or if that (fake)Mr.Goblin slips up and says something out of character of the real Mr.Goblin ( like something racist or rude) I am sure (for example) the real HIVEWORKSHOP's Mr.Goblin would not want the fake mr.goblin to flame someone as bad as say... shiik has.

Level 13
Yeah, I just wanted to make it clear on a noob-friendly way (I'm not flaming someone, It's just very easy to understand).

I know it wasn't that kind of, but I tried to "Sketch" the idea.
And yeah, about the contacts, it would be hard to contact the real Mr.Goblin with all those false accounts. And if the (fake) Gobby would flame to me, I woudn't take contact with him anymore. o_o"

Level 10
I think there's a difference in severity between some the examples I heard, and this.
Having your identity stolen = like rape IF it's your REAL identity.... if...you ask me.
Not if it's just a user account identity on some website, or several sites for that sake.
No seriously, maybe you should chill about shiiK's comments. I believe he explained his way of seeing things, and obviously not a lot of people share that point of view, resulting in people becoming really, really harsh and calling him a noob.

What's it anyway with that? If I have a very relaxed relation to my work and reputation in the community, I'm a NOOB? Not just a relaxed guy, but a noob, a stupid person who hasn't understood "the indiscussable rules". How insulting... and "misspelling" his name as shiit all the time. Be more rude, if you can. Maybe someone will report it.
I release plenty of my creative work around on the internet, knowing that it might get ripped by ppl. I'm cool with that. I don't give too many shiiKs about it, 'cause I'll make something new and original anytime. And the work I can't reproduce or overgo, I never release on the internet. It's a world of innovation and copying. That's how civilization got to this point.

But don't get me wrong. I can understand that some people are more touchy about their safety/respect/reputation/the safety of their web-published work - than I am. I know it's not a common opinion, but it's hard for me to take it serious. We humans have a hard time taking people who are very different from ourselves serious, and I am a human.
I understand how you feel. I just can't take it that serious, but I know it's stupid to make fun of too. So I'll choose to BE serious, because it's serious to you.
I can't see this style makes shiiK or me noobs. So we're different. And shiiK made a little mistake by that. Every conflict builds on contrasts and misunderstandings. Leave it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

congrats shiit... you have the best signature ever.

Your conceited comments have now far exceeded the qualifications of "flame" you are not only flaming Mr.Goblin, but now it appears as though you are veering drastically off topic. We are not talking about you, your artwork, or your artwork's accreditation. We are discussing Mr.Goblin, and the idiot who stole his pseudonym. I don’t see any of your skins, icons or even a gallery here on the hive. It would appear that you have no background in art to speak of, nor past work that you can base your incoherent bitching upon. In so many words "you are all talk". You are not making a point, you are blabbering. Just because you are “different” in that you do not care about artwork accreditation, does not mean you can write off the millions of other people who do care about it. If you don’t like what Mr.Goblin is saying, then guess what, YOU DON’T HAVE TO POST A COMMENT! In fact, you SHOULDN’T post a comment if all you are going to do is bitch about how apathetic you are about life.

Exceeded the boundaries of a flame? I have merely touched the border. The only thing remotely resembling a flame is the way I expressed my disgust for comparing nickname-theft with rape.

I was not off-topic until this post (now it is impossible to reply to your off topic post without going off topic myself -- probably would be a better idea to PM you, but those always turn out nasty. Communicating for people here, well not all of course, seem impossible, anything serious and you're all the way down in your shell firing your gun at everything that doesn't giggle), and with that statement I fended off your whole strike.

Neither I, nor anyone else, has been talking explicitly about my art. I related the situation Mr.Goblin (was/is in) to me, because I don't know Mr.Goblin in person.

| far off topic part ahead |
There's a reason my serious art is not on the Hive, neither is it on any portfolio online, because it is confidential. For any sketches and crap like that feel free to check the Concept/Fan Art board, there's at least two posts there. For any previous "skins" you could try user 'Goliath the God' which was my account 2-4 years ago, when I was still modding WC3.
theus-smythe.deviantart.com
For recent sketching in Painter.

In other words, I have enough background to talk about art, and I am definitely not 'just talk' ..
| end |

I posted here stating my own opinion and discussing it, I have not even tried to say anyone here is wrong (except for the rape part).

Dear Hugget Sukker YOU'RE A NOOB!

Nahhhh jocking, seriously, I understand your point of view and I respect it, but I have to say, the way Shiik told his idea about the situation was not respectfull, not structured and mostly harsh and rude. (Now I will stop now, because I don't want to flame.)

also anarchiandelam, next time = leave it, cause you were flamming too D:

In this thread, I think we said every thing possible about the subject, so now, gentilment, please leave this flamming to the moderator, and you can has well, report someone post. (Ralle added that option not for nothing.)

have a good day.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Calling it publicity isn't exactly rude, though perhaps for some it would seem disrespectful.
Didn't quite understand what you tried to say in the third paragraph, but it's probably not important to me. Have a nice evening.

Jesus god, guys, let's stop posting please...

Also, this topic, was not to argue, it was simply to tell people, this guys wasn't me so you should not be confused...

so please, let's stop..

go and see the other thread! D:
This one should be close..

Level 27
If I had to pick the post where this started to aim downhill, it is this one:
They didn't crop it or edit it did they? In that case you should've said so and I'd show a little pity for you.
There are lots of words to describe this post. "Friendly," is not one of them.

It seems to me that the purpose of your argument is to downplay the situation, which has the effect of making Mr.Goblin's complaint nothing more than whining; a non-positive purpose. While you or I may not care what others posing as us do, it is a legitimate concern to have.

Of course, this could all be the result of a minor diction error. Pity has negative connotations to the target of the pity, while sympathy does not.

Inciting as this post may be, the responses generated from it are by no means justified.

I will leave this thread as a very good example of how things as minor as preference can escalate into situations that cause no less than hate. Please study this thread in order to see how things can go wrong, in order to avoid them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.