• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Still in need of sponsors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The Hive is still in need of financial help. Since I am a student and have no job, i can't keep on paying for this server. So I hope we could get a sponsor..
We are willing to put up a banner in return of money if that's what will help.
At the moment the ads are not very active so I am not earning enough to pay the server..
The server costs 145 $ a month and I get like 20$ a month.

I hope we can find a solution..

Ralle

Level 36
A solution I hope we can find indeed.... there is no way that we can go back to a better shared host then? Was bandwidth the trouble or what? Because I think a top-of-the-line shared host wouldn't be THAT far off of a dedicated server, would it? Regardless, we have to find some way....

Level 27
Acctualy its very difficult to do this with donations because most of the hive members are just kids i think,or people that dont care about this site and only host they're maps on it for download .. a sponsor would be a good idea.. but i cant think of anything who could sponsor the hive or would rly care about it =/ ..

Level 7
If so lets get orginized

Because this site is resourcefull and I believe it can become better has time go I would be willing to pay a small amount in extremis.

I do not believe paying money is a great idea. But if the fees were minimal like 0.50 a month for 200 users and you would already have like 100$.

But lets not get crazy. We should aim very small donations but on a large clientele.

My opinion.

Level 9
I guess that would depend upon the fee, what was allowed, and the conditions of such an offer. (Referring to the banner suggestion not the monthly clients fee) I feel the soultion to the situation is simply requiring that the higher up administrators share out the cost and help support the community they thrive in. Its too much to expect from 1 person alone imo.

Granted most people here are too young but i find it suprising if there arnt at leats some older folks. It wouldnt be a lot of money if 5-10 people shared the load on it, £5 a month isnt a fortune to anyone, particulalry if they spend the majority of thier time here.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try emailing small companies asking if they are after advertising space.
Or you could try and sell out unused server space.
Anyway I do not want to see this sight go down . . .

So I hope all goes well with paying the bills and money comes from somewhere :)

Status
Not open for further replies.