• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Donates Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone. Due to our recent loss of our google ads. I have added a PayPal donation button. Since I am a student and can't afford the server myself, I hope you will help me.
At the top of the site on every forum page, I have added a Donate button. You decide yourself how much you want to donate to the server bills.

Thanks,

Ralle

Level 8
now lets see here here a question is Archain going to donate? lol. Otherwise I'll donate if I get some money otherwise I have to use what I have to go threw collage to :(

EDIT: I prefer to not use my credit card so do you mind if I send you just cash via mail?

You can just msg me on msn since you have me on there to or just PM

Last edited:
Level 5
isn't it possible to do it without country?

PayPal is kinda like a free country IMO. I'd say at least 3 $ or something.

it can't be donw without my country. What should i put brasil?
They need the country to transfer money from the bank, and since my counry is not listed theres no way!
fuck those pay pal assholes!

Level 32
-
For the most part, PayPal is fairly safe/reliable. It's really a sad complication for Brazilians and others that they don't do business in your country. That policy need to change so you guys can get closer to the rest of the world.
[highlight]I guess we have to try to "think outside the box."[/code]

Ralle: Could a Personal Check or Money order option be added?

SlickR: Could you somehow get a couple of bucks overseas through friends or relatives?

camel and other youths: Would your folks possibly be willing to help out you if you did extra chores or yard work?

Level 36
Hmmm.... couldn't you get your parents to donate? the case of brazil is unfortunate... but for those underaged, i'm sure your parents have a credit card or paypal account right? Just do what I do with everything I need a credit card for, get them to pay for it and then when the statement comes (or immediately depending on your parents attitude towards this all :p) you pay them back. If your parents are worried about entering their credit card info, let them know that paypal is quite safe, as long as you don't fall for phishing scams.

Level 8
It wasn't answered before, but can we do cash? I'm without a credit-card at the moment, as I lost it when a moose took my letterman jacket. I was out camping, looking for some firewood, and I got charged by this big friggen moose. Tried to put some trees between us, but it tried to bite me and got my jacket, and my wallet and everything. We searched and couldn't find it.

So yea, can we do cash? I'd be glad to donate $20 or $30.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm a poor teenager who can't get a job because he lives in Germany and doesn't speak well enough German.

Level 36
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go around earning money for a website, no matter what site it is:p I have a life you know.

If you had a life then you wouldn't be broke now would you? I, certainly, have a life, and I have enough money to spare to be able to donate a bit to keep this website going. I'm glad you care as much as the wc3sear.ch noobs do, Camel.

Level 12
If you had a life then you wouldn't be broke now would you? I, certainly, have a life, and I have enough money to spare to be able to donate a bit to keep this website going. I'm glad you care as much as the wc3sear.ch noobs do, Camel.

Umm... So you are saying I don't have a life and I don't care about the website? I happen to have both, seeing as I don't spend every spare second I have modding, and I keep my section clean and help watch over this site. If I didn't care about this site I would be lazy and not help out. Instead I help tons of people over at the skinning section if you hadn't noticed. Think about what you say next time, and you are no longer a respected user at the hive since you have lost your priveledges of the title.

Enough of this. Back on topic before another thread has to be closed.

Level 32
Good points 'hump

Everyone has their own interests, skills and talents. Those users who may not be able to contribute a buck or two can always add value in their own best way.

THW has a great many very capable artists, modelers, scripters and map makers among its membership, some with years of WE or texturing experience.

I think it's fine that the Chieftain has added the PayPal [highlight]option[/code] to the site. I don't believe that he will look down on anyone who can't afford to donate.

Level 24
You can donate directly from your credit card.... PS the donate button is gone, I can't donate now :(

Edit: It is only gone on the Dwarven theme... for whatever reason.. i'm using Scarlet Crusade now and it appears fine, I dunno about the other's though. Donated! Have fun with your 10 US dollars :p

thats because whenever Ralle does any of these pay pall of add things he does them in the template that I used to make the banner for it, so I have to go and update it myself.

And yea I would donate but i'm only a bit older then camel so I can't.

Level 36
well Camel, What privlidges of the Title? I still consider myself a respected user, I was only given the title on a whim because Bob felt like it, and all it was was a title. I had no advantage over any other users except the fact that I had a title. Whoopee. I haven't changed my signature yet, because I don't feel like it. I don't spend every second of my life modding either, if you haven't noticed. I don't help out all of the respective sections, because I don't have that kind of knowledge but I do, however, moderate the maps, which is enough for me, and I don't spend every waking moment of my life doing it. So, why don't you get a job you lazy kid? Perhaps make somem money so that way you have some to give?

Level 16
I got a steady day job. Money in the bank. A credit card. Im still not going to donate. Does that make me a bad person?

Honestly guys, the atmosphere in here is like that you MUST donate if you just can. Donating should be volunteered, and making a donation shouldnt make you 'any better'. The "Paypal donor" title is a bad idea imo, just look how it already went straight up in brads head. Just a title you are going to say brad? Sure...you care about your titles more than you are willing to admit.
Now lets stop this 'witch hunting', everybody can choose for themselves if they are going to donate or not. I for one will exercise my right to not donate.

Level 36
Can everyone go to hell? Please. Take away every title, I don't care. I had no title before, and I was perfectly happy, and now that I do have them, all they've caused me is anger. Just because some stupid people are making claims with no basis. I believe that you should donate. I encourage people to. Because if you don't, then this website is going to die. I don't know about any of you, but I don't want this website to die. I rather enjoy it, the resource section, and MOST of it's users. The staff are MOSTLY good people, and it's run by a brilliant guy. I would be saddened if I couldn't visit this site anymore, and a lot of new friends that could have been would be gone. You don't have to donate, by all means, don't. But if you want to help to keep this site running, then it'd be really extra super fantastic if you did :p Plus, how would the admins and mods neg rep abuse if there was no site? The horrors!

Level 16
Can everyone go to hell? Please. Take away every title, I don't care. I had no title before, and I was perfectly happy, and now that I do have them, all they've caused me is anger. Just because some stupid people are making claims with no basis. I believe that you should donate. I encourage people to. Because if you don't, then this website is going to die. I don't know about any of you, but I don't want this website to die. I rather enjoy it, the resource section, and MOST of it's users. The staff are MOSTLY good people, and it's run by a brilliant guy. I would be saddened if I couldn't visit this site anymore, and a lot of new friends that could have been would be gone. You don't have to donate, by all means, don't. But if you want to help to keep this site running, then it'd be really extra super fantastic if you did :p Plus, how would the admins and mods neg rep abuse if there was no site? The horrors!

Nice asskissing, shooting for an admin position next?

If the plan is to rely on donations, we might aswell bury the site right now. If ralle doesnt get his funding sorted out, the site will die. Donations are not the long term solution, or atleast shouldnt be. And your "encouraging" is more like haunting. You should stop it and let people decide for themselves.

Level 36
I'll haunt you people all I feel like :p I don't get why you see me as some power hungry maniac.... because i'm not. The deal right now, is that Google f'ed up big time, so we are without a source of primary funding, aside from the bidvertiser ads, which aren't as good as Google's. So right now donations are really needed, because if we can't keep the site running, then we might not be able to sort things out through getting more ads, and then the site will be gone... Like I said, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. You don't have to donate, so if you don't want to, can't, whathaveyou, then don't. But if you can, if you have the money and you have means of donating, then I encourage you to do so, so you can help keep the site running. That's all i'm saying.

Level 15
Although put bluntly, Mini-me has a point. Very few sites survive completely on donations, the only site I've seen that pulls it off is animemusicvideos.org, but they have a strict donation schedule and a pledge system.

So at best, donations are a great way to gain some additional money for site projects, but you almost always need another steady source of income to keep a site running long-term.

Hoping for the best for Hiveworkshop. :smile:

Level 8
Well if you aren't going to donate, then do as was said earlier, and click several of the ad's 12 times a week.

I'm trying to get a new credit card, but they said that it would require "One or two months to process my request."

I'm not gonna say anything to Mini-me, because he'll probably start cussing me out in PM's again.

I think people should donate if they can, although, yes, it is a free choice. It's just a nice thing to do for a website you enjoy.
It's like street musicians, you hear their music, if you enjoy it then out of common courtesy you'll probably put a few dollars in their collection tin.
For this site, you see what it offers, if you enjoy it then out of common courtesy you'll probably push in a few dollars if it's needed.
Of course there's the people that walk by, but most of them have their reasons.

Level 36
I couldn't have said it better, Tonks. That's a great analogy too... that's exactly the idea. There's always a choice to donate, but if you like what you see, and you want to help things, then either click the ads or donate, depending on which option is available for you (or both if you really rock) :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Brad and Camel, I see you had kind of a conflict here. I would say that no matter how your life is, I don't blame you.. Donating is what people do to help contributing. You two contribute with your help and Brad additional donated. And I really understand why not to donate. Donate = less money for you.
Someone thinks it's greedy, I think it is reasonable.

The "I haves no cred cartz" is a very bad excuse for not wanting to donate. Just admit it instead. Because unless you have some very odd parrents then they probably wouldn't mind exchanging 3 dollars for you and use that on their credit card for donating. But whatever, I don't really care...

I must admit that I don't want to spend my money on The Hive as my foundings is going to go on a 3-6 month road trip to America in a year or two and I need all the money I can get (as I have no job and I really hate working).

Level 4
Well that's fair enough, if you are actually conserving your money for something... but yeah, like he said, the no credit card excuse is old and doesn't fly here.

Why would we use this? we have Pay Pal.
Speaking of sponcors...do you have any? sponcors are good for such a wonderful site.

Status
Not open for further replies.