• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stasis Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I am trying to make a skill using stasis trap. It works the same but I just want an ensnare effect on the units stunned. I made the buff for my new stasis trap have the ensnare effect, but it won't show up, I have tried everything I can't get it to work, The only thing left is to use a dummy unit, but I am not even sure how to do it that way. (Make a group of units get the ensnare on them)

Level 34
I checked everything for the 3rd time, still nothing wrong. I even tried changing the buff from Stasis Trap to stun pause like you said, (what buff you choose doesn't make a difference does it?) Nothing works. I've tried all the different Art spots (Target, Effect, ect.)

Level 3
I can tell you from experience that the Stun buff is annoying. I could never seem to remove the stun effect or even change the effect to something else.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Level 6
some blizzard spells and units have hardcoded behaviour. just go the trigger way: have a ward (if it is ward you want), but change its main ability so it affects nobody. detect the ward ability (ward detonation, not unit summoning the ward) in a trigger, pick all enemy units in X range and for each: create a dummy unit, give it a 2 sec expiration timer, give it ensnare ability (neutral hostile version) and order it to cast ensnare on picked unit. done.

Level 34
My bad Eleandor, you're right it is. I can do that, which I probably will, it just stinks that Blizzard makes things so uncustomizable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.