• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ensnare Trap Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
well... exactly thats what i need...

i've tried a lot when i started with the WE, and i got nothing
so if someone would be so kind to make for me this spell, i would really appreciate it, and will appear on the credits of my current (unnamed) project :)

i'll leave some info:
exactly what i need is: the skill is 5 seconds casting time, when it finishes, it should create a unit (the ensnare trap, i suppose the ward type) with a generic timer of 20 MINUTES. when any unit comes by a range of 100 from the trap, it should be ensnared inmediately for 10 MINUTES (yeah i need a lot of time) and the minimap should ping for the owner of the unit at the position of the trap for 2 seconds using a flashy ping of color white. (obviously, a Camera - Set a spacebar-point for (Owner of TRAP) at (Position of TRAP) should be added too)
also, the trap could be disarmed by just attacking it, but has the invisible skill, so in order to see them, you would need TRUE SIGHT.

OPTIONAL: due to the long generic timer the unit should have, if is it possible, cause i dont think so, there could be a max number of traps armed, so you cant put more than 10?
OPTIONAL2: ping the minimap same as when the trap is triggered, but with color red, and when the trap timer is gone (the trap dies)

if anyone needs a proof of my map, i could give some screenies, (im at the beggining , but made some nice systems for my map though) or even since its not even 20% finished i could (only to those with more than 20 rep) give the map to check it out.

EDIT: i've been able to finish something like what i need... the hunter summons a trap just in front of him (edited water elemental, no movement, no attacks enabled) and gave the trap the ability "web" from the undead crypt fiends (just edited the missile and effect on the target). the problem is that the auto-cast doesnt works properly and the trap sometimes doesnt trigger at all.

thanks in advance, i really appreciate it

Level 6
humm thanks, but i would recommend you to wait. hve-busterkomo just made the spell for me but not yet sent it to me

Level 12
Meh done it already :(

Ill post here anyway.

Make a summon water elemental named create trap.Make a unit with no movement,1 damage and change it to a trap model.Change the range to whatever you want the trap activation range to be.Make the duration 2400 seconds.Then make a bash ability with 100% stun chance.Change the bash buff animation to ensnare instead of the classic stun whirl above the unit,and set it to last 1200 seconds.Add the modified bash to your trap unit.

Then just do this.

A unit is attacked

Unit type of attacking unit equal to Trap

Wait 1 second.
Remove attacking unit from the game.
Set position of attacking unit to TrapPositionVariable
Ping minimap for owner of attacking unit at TrapPositionVariable
Custom Script:Call_remove_location(udg_TrapPositionVariable)

I can send you the map with the spell,but seeing as you dont need it,thatd just be a waste of time :)

Edit:if you want the unit to be stuck in place,but not completely disabled,then make a dummy unit with ensnare(change ensnare duration to 1200 secs),remove the bash and do this:

A unit is attacked

Unit type of attacking unit equal to Trap

Wait 1 second.
Remove attacking unit from the game.
Create 1 Dummy for owner of attacking unit.
Order Dummy to Ensnare attacked unit.
Set position of attacking unit to TrapPositionVariable
Ping minimap for owner of attacking unit at TrapPositionVariable
Custom Script:Call_remove_location(udg_TrapPositionVariable)

Level 6
thanks, but hvo-busterkomo's spell is a lot better... he found the way by just using a goblin land mine, and when the goblin land mine "explodes" (technically, dies), a dummy casts ensnare on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.