• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Stasis Trap that Ensares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So guys I have this problem with an activated item that I created. Basically what it does is that when it is used, the unit will be able to drop a Snare Trap(based off Stasis Trap default unit) at a location. I have done up to that part but I have a problem with the trap because it does not ensnare when an enemy unit comes near it.

These are the abilities that I put in the Snare Trap unit's "Abilities - Normal":
- Mine-exploding (Gobline Land Mine)
- Ensnare
- Ensnare
- Ensnare (Neutral Hostile)
- Ghost (Visible)

This is the trigger that I made for it.

Event - A unit Dies
Conditions - (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Snare Trap
Action -

1.)

Set st_grp = (Units within 200.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
and
Matching unit is alive = True
and
Matching unit is a structure = False

2.)

Unit - Pick every unit st_grp and do (Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Matching unit))

^ Not working D: Please help.

Level 2
The unit u use already died in the first place, you must use dummy
Use action:
Unit - create unit at rect facing angle bla bla
A died unit can't use any ability
The statis trap is died when triggered to stunning an enemy

Ahh! Woops! Thank you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.