• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting Circle, Heroes and Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Starting Circle for Heroes and Triggering Things

Hi . Newbie here..!
I tried to make a PudgeWars Map with Dota 2 like textures .but the problem is, I really don't know how to put heroes .. I tried the "start location" and edited it on the "player properties" but when i started the game .. it turned out to be a tavern .. and i tried to put a hero on the "start location" circle, but the hero moves on itself pls help .. heres the ss of the map that i made

Code:
[hidden=""][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EldqnJy.jpg[/IMG][/hidden]

sorry if this is not the right thread for my problem

Last edited:
Level 22
@IcemanBo: I think he want to learn how to trigger the starting conditions for his map. IIRC, pudge wars starts with a hero (dota pudge).

@kukoo
Sorry I can't give you a definite answer, you should check out the tutorials section.

Also, could you put the image inside a hidden tag?

howto:
Code:
[plain][hidden=""][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EldqnJy.jpg[/IMG][/hidden]
[/plain]

looks like this:
EldqnJy.jpg

If it's solo map there is not much difference, but if there are more player slots I would prefer creating units via trigger.

If you create all start units for each player in editor you might need an extra trigger that checks if all player slots are occupied to remove not needed units in case one slot is not used.

@chobibo, I see. ^^

Then just something like this at map start:

Player Group - PickAllPlayers --> If PickedPlayer Is Player --> Create 1 Hero At PickedPlayer's StartLocation?

Level 9
it moves itself because maybe your player is blue but the unit placed on the editor is owned by red?

Player should be able to control units that owned by them..

I still don't quite understand your problem

Try to be more specific.

You can create tavern (buildings) and add custom heroes in it via object editor. Once you added those heroes you can put invisible circle's of power that are hidden and have locust. This will automatically enable you to purchase (select) your hero, once the hero is selected a trigger will remove your circle from the game and will then move your selected (purchased) hero to the chosen region.

Level 1
Hi guys! Thank you for the quick response about my problem .. and sorry if you don't understand it much .. i'm kinda new on this map making field and i only know how to make terrains .. and have no idea on the triggering,etc. .
Now about my problem i've finished my terrain and now i'm stuck on the triggerin things ..
@chobibo: yes, i want to learn about triggering .. and about the hero . i already have a Dota 2 Pudge model for this Map.
@Icemanbo: i have no idea what solo map is , but, yeah like you said, i want to add a player slot(is player slot like..a player from another pc can join?)
@Bloodbath: i really have no idea what i did.. maybe you're right

and I'm kinda new in this community, sorry if this is not the right thread for my problem
maybe I'll try searching it on the Tutorial section.
btw ty guys for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.