• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Tavern Crash (upon player click)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I couldn't find this in the search menu, so I figured I would put it here. Here's my problem: In a current arena game I'm working on, I am using the Hero Tavern Method for selecting Heroes. However, as soon as the game start, if any player clicks the Tavern, the game crashes. The only heroes in this Tavern are the ones I custom made. Could anyone possibly explain why does this crash occurs? Thank you in advance.

Edit: Just tested again, and apparently it affects normal wc3 heroes as well.

Level 5
A Little while ago their was someone with a similar problem. When ever a Building was selected the game crashed this was caused by a model try disabling all customs. If it works after disabling delete and re-import your models that might help.

Level 4
A Little while ago their was someone with a similar problem. When ever a Building was selected the game crashed this was caused by a model try disabling all customs. If it works after disabling delete and re-import your models that might help.

Just tried it, and oddly enough I tried putting one hero that didnt have any custom model in a tavern by himself. And the game would still crash if you clicked on a tavern.

Level 3
I'm fairly clueless as to what would cause this, however if something like this happened I would try just recreating the tavern, you could even try disabling all the triggers related to the tavern and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Level 4
I'm fairly clueless as to what would cause this, however if something like this happened I would try just recreating the tavern, you could even try disabling all the triggers related to the tavern and see if that helps.

Good luck.

I've tried recreating that tavern several times, I even checked the Gameplay Constants to see if I have every custom hero in Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero, and I do, but thats not the problem. I dunno if this is a factor, but is it possible its crashing because I based most of the heroes off the same hero, I.E I made like a lot of heroes based off the blood mage.

Level 5
Oh shi, oh shi, oh shi...

I just got the same problem he just got. I'm using a bunch of custom stuff for a future-set altered melee, and suddenly, my map is doing the same thing! Oh noes!

Status
Not open for further replies.