• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Select User From Taverns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I am having a small problem with taverns.
Ok, first of all, I have 12 heroes that you can pick from, all the heroes are in 1tavern. That tavern has 12 slots but one of the slots is taken by that damned select user thing. I need to remove it from there so all my heroes can be picked from. This has been done in popular games like dota. I am currently using invisible circles of power under the tavern to pick heroes.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try adding the select user ability in a hidden spell book. maybe that will keep its affect but stop it from being an icon. A hidden spell book is a spell book object editor spell that containst pasive abilities / spells to hide their icons by disabling the spell book while it is on the unit so the spell book icon also goes away but the abilities of the contence still remain active.

Level 11
All that does (as far as I know) is make that unit eligable to sell the randomly selected items. These items change automatically as far as I believe. Go with the hidden spell book suggestion, perhaps that will work!

Level 15
Just remove the ability from the building... -_-;;

Attachments

• Just doing my job.jpg
    Just doing my job.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 187
Level 11
Doesn't removing the ability stop buying items from working correctly?

Offtopic -
I kind of am aware of that.

I was pointing out that it did in fact exist and that I wasn't telling blatant lies.
I'd like to imagine that no one would accuse anyone of telling lies. (I can see people accusing a person of being under-informed) Either way, no, I don't want to hear the horror stories. (Stories of people not being truthful)

Level 15
Doesn't removing the ability stop buying items from working correctly?

Offtopic - I'd like to imagine that no one would accuse anyone of telling lies. (I can see people accusing a person of being under-informed) Either way, no, I don't want to hear the horror stories. (Stories of people not being truthful)

Does it have to sell items? I thought it was just a tavern.

Level 13
No, they are the things that allow you to purchase things.

Edit: I figured out how to do it, thanks for your help.

I have another question, how do i make it so I can put the units being sold in any order?

Example: I want my militia to be in the top left slot of the tavern but when I make 2 units, the grunt always takes the top left slot.

I think I have to do it with the button positions x and y, but I do not know how to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.