• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Tavern selection hero - wisp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Tavern selection hero - wisp (solved)

Hey guys, I was tying to make a maP where u use a wisp to buy a character from the tavern which then creates the selected hero at a region on the map, but I want the wisp of the owning player to be destroyed.

I was wondering if someone could show me how to do it, it's similar to dota selection just with a wisp that later dies, when character is picked.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Level 2
Heres the basic of how to do it.

• Archmage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters region1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Entering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 yourhero for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Random point in RandomSpawnHero <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
If you want to move the camera to your hero after creation, use this

• Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to (Center of RandomSpawnHero <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

Level 10
@HellBreed and mihaiul - I know how to do that kind of selection where you walk into a circle of power and it creates, but i was hoping to do something like you use it to buy them from a tavern, and then the wisp dies, instead of going into a region, and creating something, and removing the wisp

Level 10
@Vladadamm - well it doesn't really matter what I use tbh, but invisible dummy sounds like a better way to go at it. The only problem is I was hoping for some triggering, because I was trying to start the scripting but i couldn't work out how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.