• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Start Campagin maps now or wait for Reforged

Start making campaign now or wait for reforged?

• Start now

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • wait for Reforged

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
What's your thoughts on the compatibility of the current maps with the reforged map editor?

i have some maps i want to start building up, but i'm not sure if moving to the reforged editor with old maps/campaigns will work flawlessly.

Any recommendations?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The prudent thing is to wait however, maybe you won't have that much time then so the risk would be worth it.

The important thing is to know if you're only going to use standard/game default material because most current custom imports might break Reforged or just look ugly in it.

Level 20
Pretend Reforged doesn't exist and do what you would have normally done.

Unless you feel like you absolutely have to use the art assets (frankly you don't; there's a reason why Kirby games famously used a happy face as a placeholder character) there's no point in waiting for anything.

Level 3
I've put all my projects on hold until Reforged. No idea if and how they'll break, and how much I'll have to fix or revisit. I'll probably end up redoing terrain at the least.

Level 2
I started a campaign map a few days ago just to compare the difference between the two when it comes to porting it over. It will be nice to see how much the (creepy) atmosphere of the map changes with the new assets, fog, and weather (if they are different at all).

Level 8
There are people on the bnet forums talking about the new reforged world editor beta being released today. I would dive right into it if I had a copy. Even if it is buggy at first, getting that initial experience in and tinkering in would be totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.