• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stargate - Planets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stargate
Planets

Version: 0.00 (not alpha yet)
Progress:
Terrain: |||||||||| 0.01%
Triggers: |||||||||| 70%
Units: |||||||||| 0.01%
Abilities: |||||||||| 0.01%
Story: |||||||||| 0%
Stargate Engine: |||||||||| 100%
Overall: |||||||||| 28%

This is an old project i started 1 year ago. Then i didn't had the skills to make what i wanted but now i do. This map is based on the Stargate film series:

And now the engine is done! You can dial from any stargate to any other. At the beginning each address is randomized.

1. There are 12 human players and 12 races(may increase, but unlikely). You can choose one of them and races can't repeat. Then it spawns you to a random planet.
  2. I'm trying to make each race unique. Each race will have different workers, heroes, at least one unique unit and a super weapon.
  3. There will be space, so if you want you can use spaceships to travel, instead of using the Stargate.
  4. Goaulds and Humans will be playable of course.
  5. With type commands you will be able to save addresses to planets you found in the quest log.
  6. 12 planets with 12 Stargates

1. When you have a unit next to a DHD(the dialing device), type:
    "-Dial X-N"
    Where X is the address of the gate you are at and N is the address of the gate you want to connect to. Examples:
    -Dial 1 -12 -> will connect gate 1 to gate 12
    -Dial 10-11 -> will connect gate 10 to gate 11
    -Dial 5 -7 -> will connect gate 5 to gate 7
  2. When a gate opens, something that i call Plasma(i forgot how it was called in the movie) will come out and kill everything in its path, but it disappears after that.
  3. Each gate lasts open for 60 seconds. You can monitor the time, by hovering on the gate and look at the HP bar.
  4. In the film, when something enters the gate, it takes it 3 seconds to transport. Its like that in the map too. In these 3 seconds the unit is moved to the "void". If the stargate closes before the unit is transported, it dies.

In development

stargate1qt4.jpg

stargate2cq8.jpg

stargate3kj7.jpg

stargate4mx4.jpg

TEAM:
*43berries - Terrainer
*Gasido - Tester and balance helper
*Blaxor - Tester and balance helper
*someone who can help me with balancing and the making of custom units
*I can use more then one person for those tasks

Last edited:
Level 3
Stargate
Planets

Version: 0.00 (not alpha yet)
Progress:
Terrain: |||||||||| 0.01%
Triggers: |||||||||| 70%
Units: |||||||||| 0.01%
Abilities: |||||||||| 0.01%
Story: |||||||||| 0%
Stargate Engine: |||||||||| 100%
Overall: |||||||||| 20%

This is an old project i started 1 year ago. Then i didn't had the skills to make what i wanted but now i do. This map is based on the Stargate film series:

And now the engine is done! You can dial from any stargate to any other. At the beginning each address is randomized.

1. There are 12 human players and 12 races(may increase, but unlikely). You can choose one of them and races can't repeat. Then it spawns you to a random planet.
  2. I'm trying to make each race unique. Each race will have different workers, heroes, at least one unique unit and a super weapon.
  3. There will be space, so if you want you can use spaceships to travel, instead of using the Stargate.
  4. Goaulds and Humans will be playable of course.
  5. With type commands you will be able to save addresses to planets you found in the quest log.
  6. 12 planets with 12 Stargates

1. When you have a unit next to a DHD(the dialing device), type:
    "-Dial X-N"
    Where X is the address of the gate you are at and N is the address of the gate you want to connect to. Examples:
    -Dial 1 -12 -> will connect gate 1 to gate 12
    -Dial 10-11 -> will connect gate 10 to gate 11
    -Dial 5 -7 -> will connect gate 5 to gate 7
  2. When a gate opens, something that i call Plasma(i forgot how it was called in the movie) will come out and kill everything in its path, but it disappears after that.
  3. Each gate lasts open for 60 seconds. You can monitor the time, by hovering on the gate and look at the HP bar.
  4. In the film, when something enters the gate, it takes it 3 seconds to transport. Its like that in the map too. In these 3 seconds the unit is moved to the "void". If the stargate closes before the unit is transported, it dies.

In development

stargate1qt4.jpg

TEAM:
*43berries - Terrainer
*Gasido - Tester and balance helper
*someone who can help me with balancing and the making of custom units
*I can use more then one person for those tasks
*1 more Tester!

ill be ur terrainer i suck wit triggers but iam good at terraining just send me ur map n make a copy of it incase u dont like wut ill do it n tell me wut type of terrain weather n stuff u want me to use
just message me k

2 more screens:
stargate2cq8.jpg

stargate3kj7.jpg

Note: this is not the final terrain. I just made it for the screens.

ill be ur terrainer i suck wit triggers but iam good at terraining just send me ur map n make a copy of it incase u dont like wut ill do it n tell me wut type of terrain weather n stuff u want me to use
just message me k

Ok i PMed you.

Level 8
The "Plasma" that comes out from the Gates is called a "wirm hole".
Olso this Project is looking good ^^. But i think ppl expect more then its gonna be. well still good and epic ^^

Level 10
The "Plasma" that comes out from the Gates is called a "wirm hole".
Olso this Project is looking good ^^. But i think ppl expect more then its gonna be. well still good and epic ^^

The "wirm hole" you are talking about is a "worm hole" and that's not what come out from the gate, it's the Event Horizon that is expanding when opening the worm hole (the "tunnel" you travel through when going through the gate) so I would call the "plasma" "Expanding Event Horizon" or just "Event Horizon" since it's what it is called in the series. (the event horizon is also the blue plasmalike thingy that is within the gate)
I could be a tester/balancer and/or idea factory, I have seen most episodes from SG1 series and all from the SGA series.

EDIT: when I say idea factory I'm talking about coming up with possible spells and such.

The "wirm hole" you are talking about is a "worm hole" and that's not what come out from the gate, it's the Event Horizon that is expanding when opening the worm hole (the "tunnel" you travel through when going through the gate) so I would call the "plasma" "Expanding Event Horizon" or just "Event Horizon" since it's what it is called in the series. (the event horizon is also the blue plasmalike thingy that is within the gate)
I could be a tester/balancer and/or idea factory, I have seen most episodes from SG1 series and all from the SGA series.

EDIT: when I say idea factory I'm talking about coming up with possible spells and such.

I PMed you!
After cheking you are right it is a "Event Horizon".

Level 10
I found out a (maybe) critical thing concidering the gate closing before unit is through to the other side, if the unit is trapped his/her energy signature is stored in the gate until the next time it opens a worm hole to another gate, to rescue the trapped unit you can remove the main control crystal in the DHD making the gate create a event horizon without an actual worm hole making what ever being trapped rematerialize, but if this is done the DHD explodes (in the series it does) so you could make a system that if this is done you can't dial from that location in like 5 mins. This happens in episode 14 season 5 (also called 48 hours) when teal'c is trapped inside the gate :grin:

Level 11
Great idea of project, also i would prefer making most of terrain in desert theme. and i think that stargate model should be light brown (desert sand color) and wormhole inside silver color.. :) Anyway just a suggestions coz i really like idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.