• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarGate Universe

Random planets or already made planets. (ie, Earth)

• Random planets !! ftw

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Already made planets !! ftw

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Undecided/Lazy

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The opening cinematic could use some more work :S

as a cinematic maker, i see a lot of potential in the cinematic.

Scoring :
+3 = Fantastic, gives a great cinematic feeling in it
0 = Optional Changes
-1 = could be improved
-2 = really needs a rework

i like that big space ship scene, +3

camera movement is too fast, and angles are bad, -1

should be smoother following the middle of the two chasing planes when the plane comes. 0

there are stops in camera after cam change, which looks bad in this case. -1

the special effects are bad. (Those explosions looks really lazy :S) -2

I rather do both ship height with triggers, to make it more dramatic, and make some turning movement (wc3 turning movement looks really good on flying units). 0

when coming in the gate, both ships throttle their heights, a total turn off to the cinematic. -2

when both ships dies, it stays up there o.o, could remove unit and replace it with a better ship, and give them a triggered death effect. (like firey engine, and gliding downwards like infernal meteors followed by a great explosion.) 0

the rest are fine :D concept 10/10.

Level 11
Thanks for typing that up for me, your probably the first person to say that :grin:. But i do agree from everything you have said, but i don't know if i'll be working on this map anymore. I could be just working on [http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-arena-coming-production-211234/#post2094276]] and it doesn't look that popular :(.

But thanks for your feedback, i my self like to create cinematics. If you go to this link (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/hero-2-wars-rotg-207639/) and check the youtube link you'll see another one of my cinematic work.

Level 3
Thanks for typing that up for me, your probably the first person to say that :grin:. But i do agree from everything you have said, but i don't know if i'll be working on this map anymore. I could be just working on [http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-arena-coming-production-211234/#post2094276]] and it doesn't look that popular :(.

But thanks for your feedback, i my self like to create cinematics. If you go to this link (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/hero-2-wars-rotg-207639/) and check the youtube link you'll see another one of my cinematic work.

Bro, PLEASE, put all you work to the stargate, i'm a great fan of stargate and i not have almost none experience in World Edit and i dream it one Warcraft 3 Stargate Rpg *-*

Level 2
dude ill hunt u down if u stop working on this map :p As i see it this map has potential. And the more versions/adds/improvment its get i think it could be one of the (not best) most funniest map done

Level 3
dude ill hunt u down if u stop working on this map :p As i see it this map has potential. And the more versions/adds/improvment its get i think it could be one of the (not best) most funniest map done

Me too
Dude, Death Gliders cannot pass through the stargate

Last edited:
Level 3
yeah, they even have a name for it in the series 'threading the needle' I believe... infact, I am almost definete one flies through a deactivated gate in the opening credits!

The needler can, but the death glider not.
How much time to launch?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.