• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Starcraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I just planned out the Marine design. Long way off from completing but I just wanted to put it out there before anyone else did. Also I havent done the back yet because I need to pause blizzes trailer to be able to do it.

Comments and critique on the form please. I want to make sure the layout is good before I move onto detail.

Attachments

• SpaceMarine.jpg
    SpaceMarine.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 293
  • MarinePic#1.JPG
    MarinePic#1.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 434
Level 13
i would greatly appreciate some extra detail on the armour the face is nice though, seems to have its own unique style. Keep up the good work the thing it needs most is shading.

Level 14
Ok just so theres no more misunderstanding. I havent done an ounce of shading yet. As I said I have just done the layout. Shading and detail comes later.
I am winding up my schoolyear so everything seems to go at a sluggish pace. I am going to try and put in detail as soon as I can but I got school and some other stuff to take care of first.
Also on a sidenote... STARCRAFT II LOOKS AWSOME!!!

Level 14
More or less yes I am. I am actually planning on doing all three starcraft units that are in WIII (excluding the spaceorc) to commemorate the dawning of SII. So zergling, hydralisk, and the marine.

Did the shoulders. Also did the helmet but you cant tell really. Bad wrap unfortunately so I have to keep the detail on that to a minimum.

Oh and also I need some oppinions on this. Should I put on the 435 number or what? Sure it looks good on one side but a little goofy when its mirror imaged on the other. I think it will help pull the skin together abit more ingame and you wont notice the mirror image part.

Attachments

• SpaceMarine.jpg
    SpaceMarine.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 230
  • MarinePic#1.JPG
    MarinePic#1.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 256
Level 14
Thanks Dio and no I cant really think of any good potential protoss units. Archimonde and unbroken are all I can think of. The unbroken you couldnt easily turn into a protoss but I hade a cool idea of making them a protoss infested by the zerg.

Shit I cant upload???? WTF?!?!?!?

Oh nvm I saw the news.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Hmm, at the moment the shaded areas are looking quite blurry.

I like how you made your own structure and composition of the armor, and completely re-drew the face. I know you'll pull this whole thing together in the end.

Level 45
Thanks Dio and no I cant really think of any good potential protoss units. Archimonde and unbroken are all I can think of. The unbroken you couldnt easily turn into a protoss but I hade a cool idea of making them a protoss infested by the zerg.
Shit I cant upload???? WTF?!?!?!?

Oh nvm I saw the news.
Hmmm, Archimonde could work... but the mouth and face anatomy aren't suited... Oh, I know... Even though there hasn't been any reference for female protoss, the assassin would work well!

Level 13
A skin for existing protoss models could work as well. (as long as you credit and mention blizzard and the original creators)

Edit: unfortunately the skin looks quite fuzzy now.

Level 14
Existing protoss skin??? Arms used elsewhere??? Huh??? I think I missed something...

Also it is fuzzy right now because this is only stage two. Once I get to stage three, which is high res, all of what you see will be reskinned. And yes I am going high res. Right now is to give the skin a general feel and to give me practice. Never done terran armor before. Actually I havent really done much of any kind of armor. And just to get it outa the way this whole thing is just sort of because I am really excited about SII. I am not doing it for practical map uses. Although I always have the look of the skin ingame as my top priority.

Level 13
That only makes the marine even more awesome IMO.

Good find there, i love how they are keeping a constant steady flow of stuff
its helping quell the hype and fanboyisim by providing some solid news, evidence, and info. From what ive seen i can only find small pieces of the game that i dont like, pieces that can be changed.. and let me tell you...These cinematics are definately NOT on the need to change list. I liked the original SC cinematics even to this day and now theyre promising us that these will be even better ?! Good times.

Level 21
Why can't we discuss Denu's skin now? I don't want it to appear as if I jacked his thread... Just trying to get him to finish the skin. Maybe I should've sent it in a PM, oh well.
Just noticed this, Denu. The plating is excelent. The reason I just noticed this? I tried to do plating before... and it ended up like a six pack >.<

Level 14
Bitchin! While your at it there are actually a couple things I dont like about the model.

1. The lights... make them more like how blizzard placed them in the cinimatic. In other words: take off the top lights and put the two sets of double lights on his chest correctly.
2. Could you do anything about the lower legs? They wrap so badly and piss me off so much :(
3. Helmet also wraps poorly although I can sorta get around that. But it still looks weird.
4. Make the weap as cool as you can :D

I think thats it. You dont really have to change all that but I would much appreciate it. This definately motivates me more to finnish it though. But as I said I have to finnish my skin for the competition and finnish a request. I will work faster now though >)

Level 7
The skin is too cartoony... why not use a real human face and metal stuff for the armor instead of this blue cartoony skin? Well he has to choose if he likes it so let my opinion not change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.