1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by LordDz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. lkins0116

lkins0116

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi LordDz,I'm the starcraft player in Asia Surver and i really like your creation on Wings of Liberty Coop Campaign. But I'm sorry to tell you there is the huge bug in the campaign.When I finish the 17B mission Ghost of a Chance I've saw there is no Upgrade on Ghost.And when I move forward to 18A Safe Haven. I discovered there is the Spectre i can only allow to train instead of ghost and the Nuke Cost is still the same as 100mineral and 100Gas Cost even i Upgrade the Nuke Cost Reduction Tech Tree. Furthermore,When we finish mission 14,the utter darkness and finish the Zerg LV5 Research(all of us get the different LV5research and i got the Psi Disruptor),We actually find out we can't Build Any of it. Neither Psi Disruptor or Hive Mind Emluator.As a result we pause to keep playing since that was a huge bug.I hope you can find the way to fix it.And have a nice day

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those bugs has already been tell and if you complete the mission your upgrade will activate the next mission.
    So you’re not force to pause your game.

3. lkins0116

lkins0116

Resources:
    Resources:
    So you mean I can play Ghost after mission 18?

4. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've completed the entire campaign on brutal now with 1 friend though some of those missions had the op 30 infantry shields anyways. I'll say All In had excellent difficulty otherwise the difficulty kind of went down as you progressed after the dig. Possibly mostly due to having so much resources. In most missions the hard part was to hold initially in order to get your economy and production rolling. After that it was quite easy. Most preferably this curve would be evened out a bit.

5. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    For this part I don’t know. I have never chose this liar of Nova, and keep the lore choice helping Tosh and so always getting the specters. But for the upgrade you have choose I had the same issues when I have made my solo run.

6. lkins0116

lkins0116

Resources:
    Resources:
    ic,ty so much tho

7. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, yeah I nerfed the shield to 15 shield energy. I'll see about increasing the difficulty for the later missions. :)

Yes, depending on which mission you played last, (Nova / Tosh), the unit given on that mission will be selected as your unit. You will however only get resources from completing one of the missions as both of them count as the same mission.

8. lkins0116

lkins0116

Resources:
    Resources:
    ty so much

9. lkins0116

lkins0116

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi LordDz.I've Finish the Secret Mission(mission 23),and I find out player 1 can't control Any Heroes but Player 3 can control 2 Heroes,is that a bug?

10. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes. It's on my todo list.

11. lkins0116

lkins0116

Resources:
    Resources:
    btw I find that I can't build Psi Disruptor even I have that upgrade.i hope u can fix it,and ty

12. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Having played the first mission on insanity now and I gotta say the difficulty is ridiculous. I tried it solo and couldn't even get past the 2nd enemy group (killing none of them). I had already lost all my marines to the first enemy group and taken heavy damage on my heroes. I must say I doubt its winnable. Our units damage is divided by 2.5!!! so my marines do 2.4 damage while enemy units have 1 armor upgrade meaning my marines do 1.4 damage to enemy marines instead of 5 like on brutal. This difficulty is far too hard. Given that my units apparently also take 2 times the damage I must say this is impossible.

I also tried the second mission and lost at the first attempt. Fair enough, second attempt I knew what to expect and took 2/3rds of my scvs and made marines from all my 3 barracks all the time and fought off the first wave. However the second wave arrives moments later when I have maybe twice the marines it has but now he has 1-1 upgrades as well and completely wrecks me.

So if this is how hard Insanity is supposed to be you might as well rename it Impossible because that is what it is. Making my units do 0.4 times the damage with 0.5 times the health gets me a combat effectiveness of 0.4*0.5 = 0.2 of brutal difficulty. 100% impossible.

I understand that Insanity is supposed to be the last thing you do and you don't actually want to balance unit waves and such for it. That is fine, but these changes are insane. How about player units gets 75% hp or player units gets 75% damage? not both at the same time one of them.

I am not completely sure if the reduced damages reduces enemy armor as well but if it does not, then player units should probably not get reduced damage as enemies will almost always have more armor upgrades and it will heavily fuck most player units.

Hell I'd rather pay 3 times as much resources for everything than how it is now.

Or maybe insanity should mean every player accessible resource pile on the map gives half the resources or something like that.

13. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why not just make insanity as a realistic campaign. I mean you have a limited amount of each unit for the map you play like 20 marines and no more. The rebel of Raynor aren’t a limitless force like the dominion but an elite scouad

14. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Though what u are asking for is indeed interesting it would be a whole lot of work. The primary purpose of this project is to port it to coop I am guessing and thus making a sort of new game out of it is a bit out of scope.

All I am asking for is some different percentages or resources.

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not gonna happen. Way too much work.

I'll nerf the the damage, it was mostly meant as a joke for those who thought brutal was too easy. It's not balanced at all against the maps, so it might not be doable to complete it on insanity on every map.

Nerfing resource pickups wouldn't do that much, there aren't that many in the maps.

EDIT: Quick fixes before going to bed:
    Insanity mode: Units now deal 40% damage and take normal damage.
    Added bug fixes to secret mission and map 2.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  16. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    40% damage is still ridiculous (somewhat less so if armor is also reduced to 40% effectiveness but I don't know if that's the case). Also my point wasn't resource pickups. Those would indeed not have much influence but less minerals in mineral patches and so on would.

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Keep in mind, your units take the normal damage rather than the double damage now. So yeah they deal 60% less but they will stay alive longer.
    I haven't touched the armor value of the difficulty.
    It's insanity mode, it's supposed to be.. insane.

Reducing the amount of minerals would force me to go to each map and reduce them on each map, which would just be too much work for very little gain.

Good night! :)

18. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm there is still no action to just select all mineral/gas units and reduce their amounts by half?

Anyways your change is good but doing 40% damage I would say is the bad part of the pendulum. I would rather do 100% dmg and take 200% dmg than the opposite. And my armor question wasn't about if u had specifically checked it or not but how it was in reality. 1 armor reducing dmg by 0.4 or 0.1 makes a ton of difference when reducing the damage of 2.4 damage. If you don't know then u can't balance properly.

19. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try out first the changes. Then post how it has gone, and you can discuss after if it is possible to win or not.
    In my point of view insane should be endless wawes of ennemies, like non stop attack a certain time reach, or the thing I said earlier. But I understand it would be to much work.

20. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright I tried Liberation day on Insanity now and it's a lot better but still impossible. I verified that 1 armor still decreases damage by 1 (I watched an enemy marine take damage from my marine and its health went down by 2 then 1 then 2 and so on... Meaning the marines did 1.4 damage. In later missions marines will inevitably do 0.25 damage (the minimum) due to high armor enemies. So even for the first mission your 40% damage handicap is effectively 28% for your most common unit.

Fortunately the mech units in this mission did not get armor upgrades though. I can now get past the second group of enemies with the Goliath though I will always die in the plaza where the tank will snipe me. Even ordering all the marines that drops to target the tank won't kill it due to its 1 base armor and my heroes are so far away that they cant get in close enough anyways. Thats not even mentioning the medics healing marines faster than i can kill marines with my tiny hero group. Medics will also have 2 armor so they are essentially invulnerable to anything but the heroes and the heroes will only do 2.smth damage to them.

So suggestion: Make the players units do 100% damage, reduce player units hp down to 75%. Should be plenty hard.