• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft Acathla's Veteran Marine

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Hi :)

I finally release the enhanced space Marine from Acathla's maps.
This is the "Veteran" marine : Marine_veteran.mdx
Include the Marine's talking portrait : the original can't talk, he doesn't have mouth ^^

The marine's models are really improved with a lot of new animations.
- As new animations the veteran marine has the Double gun mode ( ( with stand, walk, morph and morph alternate and double gun attacks !! )
- The talking portrait has 3 talking animations.

Use MDX pather to know paths, all are "Textures/" with some original textures. To reduce weight, you can replace my theme skin by the original one.

Keywords:
starcraft, terran, marine, veteran, space-marine, acathla
Contents

Starcraft Acathla's Veteran Marine (Model)

Starcraft Acathla's Veteran Marine (Model)

Reviews
20:30, 1st Sep 2008 HappyTauren: Very well made, animated, and textured. THIS is a great model. The zergicid pwnin' animation is awesome.

M

20:30, 1st Sep 2008
HappyTauren: Very well made, animated, and textured. THIS is a great model. The zergicid pwnin' animation is awesome.

Level 7
Zergicid

Hey abriko, I saw your zergicid on wc3campaigns.net and i wanted it to use it in one of my maps (i would give credits ofcourse) but when i tried to import it, it didn't work :sad:, maybe something with path? I don't know but could u help me, please.

Level 5
Yay! Another release from one of my favorite artists of StarCraft Models!

Rating: 9.99/10

the .01 missing is because I followed the instructions from the tutorial here to unpack, and the portrait didn't work. I'll look and see if I didn't do something wrong, if I did, you get your full 10. +rep as well.

Now if I could get the dropship and Medic to work, I could work on terrans in the map I was working on a bit more...

Level 7
the problem is when i add the model it is a green block and even with the skin its a green block

and not of this model but the zergicid of abriko

Level 22
Look- This is the Paths.

Textures\MarineAcathla.blp
Textures\veteran_epaule.blp
Textures\veteran_dague.blp
Textures\buff_titanie.blp
Textures\reacteur2.blp

And for the Green Box, do the Following-
Create a map.
Import you skins.
Save the Map.
Close the Map.
Open the Saved Map.
Add the Skins to your Units.
Place the Units-
If this doesnt work, try look at some tutorials.

Level 4
Yay! Another release from one of my favorite artists of StarCraft Models!

Rating: 9.99/10

the .01 missing is because I followed the instructions from the tutorial here to unpack, and the portrait didn't work. I'll look and see if I didn't do something wrong, if I did, you get your full 10. +rep as well.

Now if I could get the dropship and Medic to work, I could work on terrans in the map I was working on a bit more...

The portait doesnt work coz' u didnt download the portait. Its here, Starcraft Acathla's Marine's portrait - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Level 4
Never mind I figured it out.

For those who do not know what to do to get dual gun mode...
i) Open WE
ii) Open Object Editor and select your model
iii) Under "Art - Required Animation Names:" add these 4 strings; 'attack', 'alternate', 'walk' and 'alternate' (yes, a second time)
iv) That's it! Test the veteran marine model and he will attack and walk with his double guns out!

I don't know if I added extra strings that are unnecessary, but the above DOES work. Someone please correct me if you know a better way to do this.