• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[feedback needed] Acathla Mission 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Abriko presents "Starcraft Acathla Campaign" Mission 1 & 2.

Just one the many screenshot :
2_19.jpg

Mission 1 is updated
Mission 2 is finished ( just need more voice acting )

Thanks to Rising Dusk for this Acathla presentation :

"The Acathla Mod is a modern retake of the classic, Starcraft, making 100% use of the Warcraft III engine.
The mod features hundreds of custom features, ranging from custom unit models to custom icons, and from custom soundsets to some of the greatest off-world terrain and cinematics ever presented.

In an attempt to follow the story of a rogue terran group set on the planet of Acathla,
we see different historical background pieces of the planet as well as special objectives to put us on the top in the end.
Offering much in the way of challenge, the Acathla mod is most exceptionally suited for the advanced player.
It's possible you might die a couple times in the first levels!

Originally based in French, the Acathla mod is being translated as completely as possible to English for our friends across seas.
Please stay tuned for future updates, mission & object releases, and storyline info!
For more information you can contact the maker at his email account or by PM here on the site to Abriko."

About the news :

Mission 1 :
- one more creep unit type : Keminopters
- one more spell : "radar" that can detect nearly ressources field. So the mission is faster
- quest about the Cyclop Familly spirit for player who did not understand what how the "rules" of the country of the map work.
- "vitals informations" to help player to survive.
- bug fixed : beacon disappearing, spider mine recharge and some others...
- vulture's repair spell faster but need energy
- cyclop slower
- ressources estimation faster
- ressources mini ping faster
- introduction Acathla planet recreated
- final cinematic : zerg eggs and zergling models are updated with the mission2 version.

Mission 2 :
- hum everything is new ^^
For Beta testers, here are the main modifications :
- mission start is easier : zerg assaults are less often and wait for the player discovering zerg canals.
- new sound set for veteran marine.
- 2 more cell recharge power up on the battle field ( for medic energy )
- marine priority created
- many bugs fixed.

I invited to send me all your suggestions. As Beta tester will can see, many of their ideas and suggestions are included.

About the team on Mission 2, easy :

Abriko

.. thx to Profet for coding one handle, help by answering my questions
.. thx to Ayane for coding the "not used yet" system called RNR

DOWNLOAD :

Download on http://www.acathla.com
Find more screenshots on the website.

QUESTION :

Can i put the file on wc3sear ?? Because it take 30 mo.

Level 40
haha, i must say, i loved the first campaign ( just played it yesterday, actually ), and look forward to playing the second... when i have time to game

anyways,

- cyclop slower

IMO, they were already slow enough, i rarely got hit.

- vulture's repair spell faster but need energy

YAY! the old one was basically useless :?

- final cinematic : zerg eggs and zergling models are updated with the mission2 version.

when i played yesterday, you didnt even see anything in the final Cine. you just saw the chat at the bottom, and the mainscreen was black.

It's possible you might die a couple times in the first levels!

I disagree for the first mission, as it was kinda hard to get into ( i almost lost one of my vultures at the start ), but easy to get the hang of

The second looks hard tho :p

A few other things:

The attack types have different icons, and the armor different icons as well, but they have the same names :?

will you be using the same map for all the campaigns? Otherwhise, why is the half of the map inaccessible?

maybe delete the Skybox in the upper-right?

Level 9
"IMO, they were already slow enough, i rarely got hit."

Before this version, they were faster and do more damages.. so people told that is to hard to fight against it..
Now it's the good speed, i think ^^

"when i played yesterday, you didnt even see anything in the final Cine. you just saw the chat at the bottom, and the mainscreen was black."

Hummm not good :/ I'll make some tests. What resolution you have ?

"It's possible you might die a couple times in the first levels!"

Like i said, people thought that mission 1 was hard ^^

"The attack types have different icons, and the armor different icons as well, but they have the same names"

Ok i'll check it.

"Will you be using the same map for all the campaigns?"

No.. Mission 2 takes place at the mission 1 end just because of the scenario. Concretely, mission 2 is the immediate following of mission 1.

"Otherwhise, why is the half of the map inaccessible?"

^^ 1. Because introduction cinematic needs some place. 2 To make like a real country where player can't go everywhere, and create mysteries .. 3. Because the map was too big and mission could be too long if player needs to go everywhere :p .

"maybe delete the Skybox in the upper-right?"

No i need it for a talking portrait ^^

Level 9
"and why cant you just make it an invisible model, or give it several thousand fly height?"

:) ... the portrait that i need is the one from the planet model from the introduction. And i installed camera to make the cinematic inside the box...

"the thing with the Cyclopses was that your vultures are much faster than even the Young Cyclopses"

I know... but a lot of players dont know use high ranged units vs powerfull melee unit ( like vulture vs zealot ) ... and i'm tired to heard people saying they die all the time just at the beginning -.-

Level 9
Planet have its own portrait. It's the rotating small planet...So i can't delete this cube, because i need portrait for cinematics ( introduction, volutes infos etc..) and i can't move it. ... and this is useless... ^^ Player don't have to see it..

Level 9
Just retry it.. there is a lot of random on zerg assault. But if you lose with whosyourdaddy... the problem is not the mission ^^

...and you are the only one for the moment...with whosyourdaddy, u just need 1 unit + engineer to complete the mission...

Level 4
PurplePoot said:
meh, just played the second mission, and i found it a little bit on the REALLY FCKING HARD side of things :?

I was getting owned like crzy, so i checked if i could win with whosyourdaddy on, and i still lost rofl

yeah... mbe tone it down a bit :?

rofl.

Level 8
PurplePoot said:
meh, just played the second mission, and i found it a little bit on the REALLY FCKING HARD side of things :?

I was getting owned like crzy, so i checked if i could win with whosyourdaddy on, and i still lost rofl

yeah... mbe tone it down a bit :?
i'm so downloading this map when i have time to play

Level 9
Yep unlucky.. and if it was for real, you could be dead now :p
... , there is a lot of random and if your computer don't like you, it can decide to make you loose each time :p
But seriously, move fast as writed in quest description because it's question of time.

Level 2
I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I have a quick recommendation from seeing the screenshot:

You have the Marines named Marine Acathla [Veteran], yes? I recommend you change that to Acathlan Veteran Marine, or just a Veteran Marine (unless you're planning to have other marines with different stats/abilities from the "Acathla" ones).

In StarCraft, the race/grouping was used first. Terran Marine, Xenomorph Wasp (Which is what the Chau Sara terrans called the Zerg before the Protoss appeared), Protoss Archon.

So, I assumed that Acathlan was the proper term to use for creatures/plants from Acathla.

And, would I be right to assume Acathla is one of the fringe worlds that was first overran by the Zerg? (I'm a bit of a SC nut)

I enjoyed playing both mission 1 and 2 alot, though alot of things in both are still left in french (names, messages and such).

There were a few bugs though, some of my units in mission 1 got paused and never got unpaused again the first time I found the ressources and had to wait. That way I lost 2 units, also the place where you got a refill of those spawnable bomb units (which I currently forgot the name of :oops: ) there were a bug so I didn't actually receive any refill!

Besides from that everything was great, I look forward to level 2 being updated and to whenever level 3 gets made :)

Status
Not open for further replies.