• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft 2 in WarCraft 3 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
do we have all the terran models yet?
Been on break the past 2-3 days I'll get back to working on the units today if I can get the computer I need or tomorrow morning

Level 13
IDK what video card I have all I know is that I can run WoW without a problem but SC2 is choppier than hell
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Computer was bought almost a year ago

I still can't get the map from that link I even messaged a Admin about it

I'll be doing the cargo space today or later (I just got SC2 to work again)
And I need to figure out how much space the Medivac has (8 Slots)

BTW you do know there is a problem with this project right?
We'll have to keep up with the changes to the units and that. That blizzard does in their updates.
And I only have a few days left on my trial after that I'm stuck waiting till the 15th of April or till GST comes in before I can get myself a copy

Last edited:
Level 2
?

And I only have a few days left on my trial after that I'm stuck waiting till the 15th of April or till GST comes in before I can get myself a copy

Why would u buy the game when u can barely run it...
Unless u buy a new video card...

Level 13
I turned the graphics down and as long as there isn't almost 100 units on the screen at once than its playable just wont bother with online play.
As for upgrade video cards, can't the computer thats part mine is with my cousin and I'm using my aunt's right now.

Level 13
Back to unit making I go

Just made a trigger to give Raven's +25 MP once trained if player has Corvid Reactor researched.
Medivac's Cargo ability is 8 like it should be.
Bunker's Cargo skill has 2 levels
1) for the normal amount
2) for the +2 researched holding amount
Stimpack is annoying Kris PM me the trigger if you can make it please.
Siege Tech/Mode fully work
Durabled Materials (Waiting for the map so I have the skills it effects that Kris should be making)
Combat Shield is in

BTW How are we doing the add-ons?

Last edited:
Level 13
Right now till I figure out how kris wants them they are just normal buildable buildings with no costs (Testing reasons)

Level 13
yes but I can't figure out how to make them only buildable right beside the buildings and make it that the build requires the attachment in order to be able to build set units
Possible to set it as a upgrade and trigger on lift off to replace the building back to the normal version but than would have to put a building in its place as the add-on so its destroyable

Currently: Working on Button placement (GOTTA MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!)

Last edited:
Level 13
No right now till Kris gives me the map with the models and that I'm stuck with the WC3 models and that which sucks. funny as hell testing stuff though

Building Button Placement Done, now to the units. Goes so much faster with the SC2 editor open and Win 7 so just drag both object editors to both sides than I can see both and damn does it help alot.

Barrack Reactor is triggered in and building 1 Marine in it costs 100 instead of 50 but produces 2 marines.

Yamato Cannon damage is 300 (HOLY CRAP!) is based on Fireball skill (just wanted to get it out of the way)
Range: 400 (same as Battlecruiser)

Seeing how Trees really are the best for Minerals and Gold Mine for gas its gonna have to be that way.
Oh and Refinery now builds on Gold Mine. (HAVE TO CHANGE COSTS OF EVERYTHING NOW GDI!)

BTW kris unless you show a picture of the map within the next 48 hours dude I'm walking away from this map with my work.

Last edited:
Level 13
like i said send me what you currently have so I can put the stuff in and test it better.

your keyboard should have a "Prt Scr" hit it than open any picture editor program you have (I LOVE GIMP and its free and like Photoshop)
Paste picture in program
than upload picture here.

If this wasn't a shared computer I would probaly have Terran, Zerg and Protoss done by now.

Reactor and Tech Lab are Upgrades to the buildings (its simple enough I'll have to just put Barrack (Tech Lab/Reactor) in the name so you can tell which one it is

Level 9
wow man i have finihed a barracs.
I will make screenshots soon.

[GOTO]97623 97624 97625 97626[/GOTO]

Attachments

• marauders and Marines.tga
    3 MB · Views: 165
  • Battle 2.tga
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • Terran base.tga
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • Victory.tga
    3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 13
Sadly I have to make 2 Copies of some units
Cause of the whole Reactor/Tech Lab Bullshit

Fix Mule Harvest its 30 instead of 35 like I thought it was XD
Planetery Fortress costs are correct as well now

Well the models are looking good.

Will get back to work on the units later.

Last edited:
Level 13
Well I got 2 chooses for the Morph skills
Skills (use skills but can only have 5)
or
have Zerg as buildings so the upgrades work correctly

Level 13
Morph as in
Unit changes to another unit for good
Larva > Zergling > Baneling
Larva > Overlord > Overseer
Larva > Corruptor > Brood Lord

the Larva starts with 9 options to change into so no matter what its easier to make it a building seeing how you don't have to click anything to get the option to change it into anything. Also gave it the wander ability cause the larva move around a bit.
After Larva its possible to go with units and skills

Last edited:
Level 9
wow do chec the screens.
Nvm
I will update the thread when i finish something.
The the refinery is added.
The refinery will be buildable on rocky ground.
Blizzard trees are replaced with minerals.
Helion added.
Terrans are 46% finishead.
Terrain are 97% finishead(Need Reterraining)
Protoss demo gameplay will be in this demo.
Newest version is 1.5.

-Warcraft 3 version is 1.24.

Thats are the updates for this day.

Level 13
No you don't need Entangled or the Haunted mines
there is a option in the editor which if you check off makes the building only buildable on top of gold mines. Just check that off and give it the Gold Mine ability and POOF a refinery.

Level 13
Cause blizzard has changed the some units a few times already and I'm going to have to go through every update once a week and do all the changes needed.

I don't want the whole map just the damn Minerals and Gas models
I've had them setup as Gas = Gold and Minerals = Trees for like 4 days now

Level 13
or you can use the normal gold mine ability and the Drones/SCVs/Probes will walk between the gas and their main building to gather resources.

Doing it any other way kills the point of this being a WC3 Custom Melee map that's tailored to be like SC2

Be a good person and let me do my job and you stick with skinning.
Cause the Gold/Gas thing is done for me, and trees/minerals is done too.
For me its now finishing up the costs, requirements (almost done)
Than we need a way to work the Reactors and Tech Labs so its closer to SC2.

Last edited:
Level 13
slowly going over everything for the terran to make sure its correct
had to fix the Yamato cannon skill to 125 Energy.

How we are going to have 3 things for the protoss idk
Cause some things have
Health, Shield and Energy

Level 2
-_-

slowly going over everything for the terran to make sure its correct
had to fix the Yamato cannon skill to 125 Energy.

How we are going to have 3 things for the protoss idk
Cause some things have
Health, Shield and Energy

As a triggerer u know there is always a way...Even if the inditication is gonna be in some weird spot(like the inventory on a item lol -_-)
So im sure there is gonna way to pass this.And this isnt rly a priority(from my point of view).

Level 13
As a triggerer u know there is always a way...Even if the inditication is gonna be in some weird spot(like the inventory on a item lol -_-)
So im sure there is gonna way to pass this.And this isnt rly a priority(from my point of view).

Well Potoss is the last team I'm going to be working on so we have a bit to figure it out (I hate having to share a computer)

Unit/Buildings Health is fully done (Terran)
Unit Movement speed done (Terran)

Once I finish up the units and buildings I'll start on the flying buildings

Gold per trip = 4
Lumber per trip = 5
Those are the real SC2 amounts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.