• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

splash ice attack to a tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I try to add same attack as the frozt wyrm...

Not even that works to add the cold plash attack!-.-

Okey its cold attack but the creeps aint getting affekted at all!

Please help this is fucking anoying! ive done that way before and it worked!

Why aint it working now for?!

Level 3
Give the tower a custom ability based on ''Orb of Lightning (new)''. Set ''Data - Effect Ability'' to a custom Frost Nova (1 damage, and same AoE as the tower's splash AoE).

That custom frost nova... should i make that nova by my own?

Or what?

Level 22
You must've done something wrong. It works for me.

Did you set ''Chance to cast'' to 100% (Orb of Lightning (new))?

And did you set Frost Nova damage to 1 (not 0)?

Maybe you could take screenshots of both the custom Frost Nova and the ability based on Orb of Lightning.

Level 22
Because with this ability you can do almost anything you want.

Splash poison, splash frost, splash slow, chance to cast chain lightning, chance to cast shockwave, etc, etc. It's great! :p

And he already said Frost Breath won't work.

@sofia

''Data - Chance to cast on Units/Summons/Heroes'''. It's just above the ''Data - Effect ability''.

Level 3
well the tower can now move but the effekt is there but it dossent slow them down? :S

Level 3
Thanks do so i can easy copy the shit and lay it in...

trying to make ice poison multi shot bash (but without the creeps stop and attack buildings but continue walking) and bounce

Level 22
I made one based on Orb of Lightning and one based on Freezing Breath.

Freezing Breath doesn't really work. It doesn't do splash damage, and it doesn't slow (it freezes).

The one based on Orb of Lightning works, kind of. For some reason you need to manually attack units for it to work. I don't get why it does this though.

But here, try it out:

Attachments

• Frost Splash.w3x
    17.8 KB · Views: 107
Level 3
WTF?! i copied it exactly as you had it on your map... but in my fucking map it dossent wanna work?!

Level 22
It might mess up when you don't copy objects in the right order. For example, if you first copy a unit, and then the ability of that unit, the unit won't recognize the copied ability.

When you copy things from another map, always do it in this order:

Buffs > Abilities > Units > Triggers.

So just to be sure, check if the copied tower still has the right ability. If that's not it, I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.