• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Splash Damage HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi i am making a TD, and its got mazing it in. I have encountered a problem.
my towers keep dieing, at first i thought its the creeps killing it. then i found the source.

my splash towers damage will hit my towers too because it is doing AoE up to 200 radius.

how can i avoide this? i have tried setting targets to

ground/enemy ONLY.

it doesnt work. pls help, i really want splash towers in my TD.

i have done the testing using single player, playing alot of towers around my fire tower, giving my fire tower 1000 damage. placing a ground in the middle. when my fire tower attack... BANG everything dead.

Level 4
So you don't make your towers invulnerable?
Hm, with "ground" and "enemy" it should work...

it cant be invurnerable because its a maze TD so creeps needs to kill it as well.

just to double check i opened up a unprotected wintermaul, got thier fire tower and setting AOE to 200 and tried the same test. and thier towers died too ???

how come i never noticed this playing wintermaul before... umm maybe i should try smaler splash? and see how that goes. maybe if i set area small enough it would only hit the creeps :cry:\

EDIT I FAIL!!!

there is a feild under AoE splash damage that sets the targets allowed for splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.