• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Giving a unit splash damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

So for my map I have a few different towers players can pick from (it's not a TD though) and I'm making some researches to go with them. The problem here is that I have a Nerubian Tower (it's a custom) that I want to have a research that gives it splash damage, the research needs to have 5 levels for it to fit in with the rest of the researches.

I've set all of the things in the OE to make it so that it could splash but I've set the radius to 0, then the research increases this radius. However it does nothing. Any ideas?

Level 13
That wouldn't add the slow from the tower though, that'd just add spell damage which I don't want.

I want to make it so that the tower starts of as a single target tower and you do researches to give it splash like a Frost Wrym does (obviously not as big radius as that though).

Level 10
You might have to use the brute force method to make two versions of the tower - one with splash and one without - and have your upgrade change the unit type of towers. This is how Blizzard made it with Troll Headhunters -> Troll Berserkers. I've attached an example map showing the basics of which fields to change using Berserker Upgrade as base.

Attachments

• Example Map.w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 55
Level 12
If it's a global research instead of individual towers upgrading then you should either make use of chaos or berserker upgrade to make new units or maybe you could use an orb of annihilation inside a disabled spellbook and have a dummy passive, trigger it so that when the passive gains levels so does the orb of annihilation.

with the orb of annihilation you'd probably have to do more triggering to get the slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.