• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slowing Splash Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In making a tower defense, how can I give a tower an attack that slows units AND has splash? As in it will slow every unit that the splash hits? I've already tried using Frost Attack and it only seems to affect one unit, and on top of that, the spell doesn't seem to slow them at all. Any responses are greatly appreciated! :D

Level 11
Have you edited the necessary fields that control splash damage? I added a Wyrm (which has Frost Attack) and it properly damaged and slowed some poor Acolytes.

Level 19
Use triggers to create a dummy unit that casts a Thunder Clap(an AoE-not 'splash'-spell that slows)dummy ability. Look in the tutorial section for more info about this.

Lol, this is bad idea..

OT: Edit the target current attack and change it's type to "Artilery" or "Missle (Splash)". If you choose the second one, you need to go a little bit upper in the menu and edit the range of the splash.

Level 8
I found the Item attack lightning bonus, but where is the field that you change to set what ability it casts? Also, if i were to just base the slowing spell off of Slow, and changed the AoE, would it affect all units within that area?

Level 33
Wait, Frost Wyrm's Frost Attack deals splashed AND slow effect, right ?
Or you can just change the tower's attack by doing this:
Combat - Attack - Area of Effect (Full / Medium / Small) damage: to respectively 25 / 50 / 150
Try it
Don't forget to add Frost Attack ability for that tower !

Level 22
@Xzife_TD01: Made a mistake. You need the ''Orb of Lightning (new)'' ability (and then look up the ''Data - Effect Ability'' value).

Giving an AoE to the Slow ability won't work.

@defskull: That should work, but the thing is that it also does cold damage. So instead of just slowing them down, they'll also get that blue tint.

Level 19
@Xzife_TD01: Made a mistake. You need the ''Orb of Lightning (new)'' ability (and then look up the ''Data - Effect Ability'' value).

Giving an AoE to the Slow ability won't work.

@defskull: That should work, but the thing is that it also does cold damage. So instead of just slowing them down, they'll also get that blue tint.

Frost Attack buff makes units' get slowed and become "blue tint"...

Omg guys there is no need for items and shit, just check:
frostwyrm3rr9.gif

Attack Stats

:sad:

Level 8
I tried adding frost attack, i set the attack damage full medium and small to 50, 25, and 10 respectively, but it doesnt seem to work. I added frost attack to the tower, and it doesnt slow them, or even turn them blue. Any idea what's wrong?

Level 8
here's the map. Excuse the sloppiness, it's far from finished lol :)

also, if anyone feels like giving constructive criticism/suggestions, feel free!

Attachments

• Tower Defense.w3x
    61.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Abilities Normal -> Frost Breath
Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect (Full Damage) -> 50
Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect (Medium Damage) -> 75
Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect (Small Damage) -> 100
Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect Targets -> Ground, Structure, Air, Item, Ward
Combat - Attack 1 - Weapon Type -> Missile (Splash)

Level 8
Thanks! It finally works. Now, the only thing left to ask is: is there a way to make the units move even slower when hit by the attack? I don't see a field under frost breath that lets me change their movement speed reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.